Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old August 5th, 2022, 12:36 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by foofoofun View Post
I’ve been ruminating on it, and while I can’t speak for everyone I think I’m personally still a bit bitter about how heroscape ended on an official level.

On a rational level I understand why unpainted minis are the correct decision, but on an emotional level it kind of feels like I’m being punished for something that wasn’t my fault. I put a lot of money and emotional energy into trying to keep heroscape going. I bought the product when things were good, I bought the product when hasbro screwed up and were forced to switch to reusing d&d figures. I invested a lot of emotional energy into trying to be positive about it the whole way through.

And now I’m being told that I must sacrifice more. I want to be excited but excitement and hope backfired on me last time, and I mostly don’t want to be burned again.

I understand why people might be upset about negative posts like mine though. I’m sure there’s some serious emotional whiplash to be very excited for the miraculous revival of what appeared to be a completely dead game and then see parts of the community react with melancholy and defiance.

I guess what I’m saying is that I think everyone needs to understand that this might not be a simple situation. I think emotions are high and we need to be patient with each other and sympathetic to how everyone is feeling.
"Do you want to buy this new toy? It's similar to an old toy you like but there are some changes."

"How much more do you want me to sacrifice!? Before, when you were offering me nothing, I was free from cruel torture like this."

Really?

Can you elaborate?
Old August 5th, 2022, 12:37 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
I see miniature painting as just part of the miniature gaming hobby. Heroscape was an anomaly .
To be fair, that anomaly is why a lot of people are here.

That said, it's all about the terrain for me.
Same here. I'm excited for the new characters/sculpts but I'm even more excited for some new terrain. June of 2008 "Ticalla Jungle" was the last time we saw new terrain shapes. "Battle for the Underdark" just recycled the medium and small glacier mountains.
Old August 5th, 2022, 12:37 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm not sure what you're asking for, Master Roshi. I just find it a tad silly that folks respond to being offered something they weren't previously as if a new offering is demanding a sacrifice from them. It's not a sacrifice to be offered something you weren't given a chance at before.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 5th, 2022, 12:38 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRUG! View Post
If anyone from Avalon Hill is reading this, unless preprinted suddenly becomes an option, my vote is for the figs to be cast in the color of their general with a wash to pop the details. 🤓
Yeah, this would be a great option! Thankful to hear the figures won't be gray, and I do hope very much hope a wash is included with that.

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old August 5th, 2022, 12:38 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
I see miniature painting as just part of the miniature gaming hobby. Heroscape was an anomaly .
To be fair, that anomaly is why a lot of people are here.

That said, it's all about the terrain for me.
Same here. I'm excited for the new characters/sculpts but I'm even more excited for some new terrain. June of 2008 "Ticalla Jungle" was the last time we saw new terrain shapes. "Battle for the Underdark" just recycled the medium and small glacier mountains.
Shadow and dungeon tiles were pretty sweet, though. Honestly the only reason I got that Master Set (and I got multiples - Bat Cave possibilities and all).

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 5th, 2022, 12:40 PM

Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therrian View Post
It's with a semi-heavy heart though...as the idea of pulling out all the old Scape stuff is exciting, but I am terrified of how much of it is going to break when I first try to start building a map (or more realistically, take it apart). In the bins above my desk, it's in pristine condition, but the thought of half of it snapping in half is keeping me from pulling it down to use it.
I hear you on that. The last time I pulled my terrain out for a game (six, seven months ago, I think), I broke five or six pieces. It was very sad.

I've been toying with 3D printing some new stuff, but haven't made the attempt yet. Now I'll probably wait to see what comes new.
Old August 5th, 2022, 01:08 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
I'm not sure what you're asking for, Master Roshi. I just find it a tad silly that folks respond to being offered something they weren't previously as if a new offering is demanding a sacrifice from them. It's not a sacrifice to be offered something you weren't given a chance at before.

This will most likely be more money for less product that would require extra work if you want painted minis like old players are accustomed to. There isn't any issue with you disagreeing with some of the complaints, I myself am going to paint my own figures so won't be too put off, but to not express an understanding of where they're coming from and instead give a comment that comes off as dismissive can be frustrating; especially when it's in response to a comment in which someone took time to explain their thoughts and argument
Old August 5th, 2022, 01:15 PM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Many Heroscape players are not hobby wargamers. Painting figures is a foreign concept to them. And many other Heroscape players are hobbyists who don't mind painting. I wonder what level of market research (surveys, etc.) Hasbro has done, but I trust the team to take this seriously and be deliberate if they're truly "all in" on this reboot being a success.
Old August 5th, 2022, 01:25 PM

fastbilly1 knows what's in an order marker fastbilly1 knows what's in an order marker

I am ready to buy everything atleast once again.

My only request of the development team this time around is that for any terrain heavy sets, please try to make the bulk of the units common instead of unique. Last time around we all ended up with multiples of the Marro Warriors and Airborne Elite and it would be nice to field them instead of having to use them for bits.
Old August 5th, 2022, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi View Post
Quote:

This will most likely be more money for less product that would require extra work if you want painted minis like old players are accustomed to. There isn't any issue with you disagreeing with some of the complaints, I myself am going to paint my own figures so won't be too put off, but to not express an understanding of where they're coming from and instead give a comment that comes off as dismissive can be frustrating; especially when it's in response to a comment in which someone took time to explain their thoughts and argument
My intent isn't to be dismissive at all. And I have no problem if folks have complaints that this offering falls short of everything they hoped for.

I just feel that a very twisted use of the word "sacrifice" was used that shows me the poster doesn't really understand what sacrifice actually is and is. Words matter and we shouldn't use them carelessly if we want to bridge communication gaps.

Old August 5th, 2022, 01:55 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by kffl View Post
I'm curious to know if the paint job with the terrain will be congruent with the original tiles. I can live with the miniatures being unpainted, but the terrain not fitting in with the originals would probably draw the line for me personally.
It will be backward compatible which suggests to me personally that the color scheme will also match. But I can’t speak to specific releases including the actual terrain.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 5th, 2022, 01:57 PM

Riku4470 is surprisingly tart

just a quick thought i am surprised no one is accounting for the cost of all the paint materials needed. Like that is a huge downside. Thankfully i have alot of that stuff from warhammer but im not excited about painting. i got a huge back log as is. Not trying to complain im glad that games back but my hype for the product went down considerably. I hope it will come with a bunch of terrain or something or come with the paints. I was thinking and hoping that they arent trying to make there own overpriced warhammer version of heroscape.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion