Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old March 11th, 2010, 07:51 PM

Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Really Cheap Terrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandarforever View Post
Using packing peanuts for terrain is a pretty ingenious idea, if you ask me. I do agree that they would look more like ruins if they were cut up a bit, but they still look decent.

What I would do is just carefully rip one or two small pieces off (each?) chunk to make it look more weathered and rough. It looks like you've got the dry painting and stuff down, so once you've done all that, you'll have some even better looking pieces.
It takes a little practice but...if you spray them with regular spray paint a little the aerosol will actually eat the foam up a little. You want to very lightly spray them and let chemistry take its course...then paint them with some regular craft paints...or you can then spray them with the Krylon H2O paint for the base coat.
Yeah that would be good too, although I think that gives you a slightly different look, doesn't it? Since the spray paint kind of eats into the foam, I'm assuming that it would look more akin to volcanic rock (correct me if I'm wrong).

It's not whether you win or lose. It's having the 4th Massachusetts Line that counts!
I see nothing, I hear nothing, and I know NOTHING!--Sgt. Shultz, Hogan's Heroes
My custom terrain
Old March 14th, 2010, 11:21 PM

rbaker is surprisingly tart

Hey guys, thanks for the comments. I apologize for seemingly abandoning this thread.

The plant pieces were found in the pet supply section of a local Target. They are from one of a few different sets of plastic plants for aquarium use that I picked up.

And Onacara is correct, the tower in the background with the door is a piece of Mage Knight scenery/terrain. It is from their Castle series. They actually put out a few different pieces that work really well with various miniature games. I like them because they are prepainted and they can all connect with an optional wall accessory pack. Since they are discontinued they can be hard to find these days. I picked up 2 towers from a local comic book shop for $4.50, which is a real bargain.

I do agree that the packing peanuts are fairly uniform. I'll definitely take all of your advice and distress any new ones that I make. This first batch was more of a proof of concept test just to see if they'd look like utter crap or if I stumbled upon the cheapest terrain in history.
Old March 15th, 2010, 01:43 PM

Relenzo2 knows what's in an order marker Relenzo2 knows what's in an order marker

All cool, but that's not my interest. I only care, where did that split-trunk tree come from?
Old March 15th, 2010, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relenzo2 View Post
All cool, but that's not my interest. I only care, where did that split-trunk tree come from?
The tree is from Games Workshop. I believe they are from their 40k line, but trees are tress to me. Like most Games Workshop items they come with multiple pieces on a sprue. One set of trees offers multiple configurations since the base, trunk, limbs, and leaves are all separate and come in different molds. They are not prepainted however like some other trees on the market. But I like being able to customize them how I see fit.

I've only made two trees so far but when I get home I'll try to upload a few images of them so you can get a better look.
Old March 15th, 2010, 06:37 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dart48 View Post
Quote:
Is it me or does anyone else now have a craving for smores?

Now I do.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......................... s'mores......................

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old March 18th, 2010, 08:46 PM

Pax is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I want packing peanuts! Wow never thought i'd say that.
anyway, Great work!
Old March 20th, 2010, 07:45 PM

Neonrainbowchaser is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by scapemage921 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dart48 View Post
Quote:
Is it me or does anyone else now have a craving for smores?

Now I do.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......................... s'mores......................
I just happen to have a dozen candles and a box of matches here, do I have marshmellows though....
Old March 20th, 2010, 07:46 PM

Have you considering mixing War Hammer with Heroscape
Old March 20th, 2010, 08:20 PM

miantanomo is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Mmmmmm smores
Ive seen quite a few warhammer/heroscape crossovers. But in my 5 year mark of scape ive never seen peanuts used for anything but lining my trashcan. Keep up the good work!

Who him?
Old March 28th, 2010, 03:06 PM

Okay, as promised, here are a few more pictures of the trees.

Old April 1st, 2010, 02:37 PM

You put the lime in the coconut and shake it all up! Then you give the coconut to rbaker to make awsome palm tree terrain.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles