Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Old November 27th, 2014, 12:11 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Movies: What did You Watch Last Night?

I'm not really that old (I think) but found it odd that most of my co-workers recently didn't know that there was a time when TV stations shut down for the night...they had no idea of the national anthem and test patterns.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old November 27th, 2014, 01:19 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Double Edit: Or Bakshi's Lord of the Rings.
That's what I'm talkin' about! I loved that movie and wished The Return of the King was done I that same style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
I'm not really that old (I think) but found it odd that most of my co-workers recently didn't know that there was a time when TV stations shut down for the night...they had no idea of the national anthem and test patterns.
I hadn't thought about that I years. Now that I think about it, I remember getting up before school and seeing the 6:00 AM beginning of the broadcast day recording before Voltron came on.
Old November 27th, 2014, 02:04 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Just (re) watched While You Were Sleeping with my in-laws. They had never seen it before. Just a little mid-90's rom-com that my family always enjoys for the amusing, chaotic conversations the family in the movie have with each other.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old November 27th, 2014, 05:18 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Agent Minvan,

I've always loved the Bakshi animated stuff, and thought it quite underrated. On my DVD copy of Wizards that I got recently, there was an extra which was an interview with him, and I enjoyed seeing him for the first time. Cool World is quite interesting as well.

Many years ago, just a few times, I would pull an all nighter of TV (there was no recording or On Demand in those days; you had to watch it as it was presented). This was after that time when the broadcast days were limited. I'd watch things like late movies with time slot titles such as "Milkman's Matinee"--although this was long after milk deliveries were made door to door in the early mornings. So each decade had its own memories of the time before that!

Time changes so much in these days of rapid technological progress, that different age groups are actually not living in the same mental universe! It was said that during my grandparents time (approximately 1890-1960) there was more technological change than there had been in the entire previous history of the human race!

So its not that you're "so old," but that the pace of change continues to ramp up as we go further into the future. The 'normal' mentally constructed world I grew up in (1950s-60s) is as dead as that of the Pharoahs! And that's what makes you feel old. Since we're living longer also, the temporal disorientation is even greater in the last stages of life, regardless of actual mental or physical deterioration.

The entire concept of living in [B]The 21st Century[/B] seems like science fiction to me...
Old November 27th, 2014, 12:08 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
You just reminded me of one of my favorite old time skits, which in spite of some age related temporal disorientation (thanks @chas ), I'm surprised that I can still remember anything from the 50's and 60's.

Cheech: *Knock, knock, knock, knock*
Chong: "Who's there?"
Cheech: "Hey man, let me in. It's me Dave."
Chong: "Uh, Dave's not here."
Et cetera . . . meanwhile a little later:
Cheech: "Thanks for letting me in man. What are doing?"
Chong: "Ahh, ohh, not much maaaan... I'm just sitting here watching TV."
Cheech: "Yeah, that's cool. So what are you watching?"
Chong: "I don't know, it's some kind of crazy Cowboys and Indians movie."
Cheech: "NO DUDE . . . that's a Test Pattern!"

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old November 27th, 2014, 12:33 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Note to young people: that's drug humor, man.

(Note To Young People is brought to you by Your Elder Gamers)
Old December 11th, 2014, 05:05 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Interstellar.

Well done and entertaining despite the length. Amazing cast.
The special effects were not as impressive as I imagined they would be so I think this one would be just as enjoyable at home(where you can pause) if you have a nice TV.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old December 13th, 2014, 11:23 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Sin City A Dame to Kill For
It wasn't as good as the first movie. But it was still enjoyable. It had many of the original cast members and a few new ones, like Ray Liota and Christopher Lloyd.

Old December 14th, 2014, 05:25 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Started to watch The Amazing Spider-Man 2, but it was so stupid that I just kept fast-forwarding it in hopes of finding something redeemable, but not to be found.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old December 15th, 2014, 12:57 AM

Johngee has disabled reputation

It wasn't "Last Night," but it was the last movie that I watched ... my wife and I were on vacation for the past two weeks and while in Tampa Florida we went with my son and daughter in-law to see "The Theory of Everything" about the life of the mathematician Steven Hawking. I must admit that I knew very little about his personal story and battle with Lou Gerig's Desease. Although I would categorize it as a romantic 'Chick-Flick,' it was fascinating and held my interest for it's entirety. I especially enjoyed considering it from a Christian perspective, since here we have a brilliant young man struck down in the prime of his life with a debilitating illness and unable to realize that the very God that he set out to disprove was revealing Himself to him daily through the love of a faithful wife and the generosity of compassionate friends.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old December 15th, 2014, 11:06 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Watched Odd Thomas over the weekend. Fun flick. Made me want to know a lot more about the world that was built there.

~Aldin, unsurprised by the surprise at the end but happy with how it was played out

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old December 15th, 2014, 01:20 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Odd Thomas was very good. I consider one of the best movies I had never heard of before running across it on IMDB. Not for everyone but it was exactly the kind of movie I enjoy.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies