Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old April 25th, 2021, 08:55 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

I am concerned about how similar this version is to the Beakface Sneaks. There are of course differences, such as the unengaged requirement but being able to get in more attacks and swapping out Evasive for Stealthy, but they would need to play differently on the battlefield to feel unique, especially since the Sneaks stand out as a pretty unique card right now.

Do you have plans for a Wulfling Hero? The inclusion feels less strange with Superfrog's proposed tweak, but limiting it to their species doesn't feel any more thematic than Hunter heroes, especially since it changes them from synergizing with hunters to just anyone from their species. Obviously that has been a common synergy parameter before, and others have concerns about Hunter Hero bonding, but I'm not convinced that this doesn't feel like a compromised middleground. It's a tough balance to strike.

I also still think that it is distracting how the card feels like it wants to be a 4-person squad. It's a bit better with the current set of restrictions (concerns with the Sneak similarity notwithstanding), but it still feels metagame-y to me, especially since it is now the primary focus of the card.
Old April 25th, 2021, 09:06 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Hunter Heroes have a place in the minds of some judges that I find unrelateable and unthematic. So I dropped a connection to them. (Himmelskralle is not a predator/devourer because why? Being a voracious eater is a strange thing for a hunter to be, compare to other hunters and draw me some realism lines)

Acting as 4 is metagamey, because it is a fulfilling and desirable game mechanic that is easily justified here. I like it, heroscape is a game first and foremost... if all a unit does is be thematic without being fun, it's just garbage at my table. I think youd have to consciously try to not figure out why things are happening as they are right now because it has several valid interpretations... theme isnt lacking.

Yes, I have 3 already that I play with at home. Leaving the faction open ended is fun, encourages further creativity and hits on theme easily. It feels so weird that you compare them to sneaks, especially when they act more like hide and sneak durgeth.

Only way for you to validate how they feel would be putting them on the board. The unit is fun for me and I think itll be fun for a lot of people, that's the main goal of scape. To be played.

I'm not trying to convince you it isnt a compromise, I'd like have fun with hunter heroes but it isnt a debate. The avenue of engagement that I found fun is not accepted for canon, so I made a refined and tribally focused version that speaks to their primitive and secluded nature.

Last edited by Shiftrex; April 25th, 2021 at 09:39 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards