Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old October 6th, 2011, 11:50 PM

belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby!
A custom card idea....

I was in the FLGS today and I found some Mage Knight booster packs for a good price so I picked one up. I was a little apprehensive since I had no idea what would be in that small box. I was pleasantly surprised by what I found.

Here is my custom idea for the Spine Sucker MK figure. Suggestions? (No play testing yet, just brainstorming)

Vladimir Esenwein
Utgar
Undead
Unique Hero
Devourer
Terrifying
Medium 5

Life: 4
Move: 6
Range: 1
Attack: 3
Defense: 4

Flying:
When counting spaces for Vladimir Esenwein's movement, ignore elevations. Vladimir Esenwein may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. When Vladimir Esenwein starts to fly, if he is engaged he will take any leaving engagement attacks.

Death's Inspiration:
When Vladimir Esenwein destroys any large, medium, or small opponents figure, you may take a turn with any unique undead hero you control.

Impale Special Attack:
When Vladimir Esenwein uses the Impale Special Attack and at least one would is dealt to an opponent’s small, medium, or large figure that figure may not move and Vladimir Esenwein is placed on any adjacent same level space as the targeted figure. Figures affected by the Impale Special Attack cannot be moved by any special power on an Army Card or Glyph.
Range: 2 Attack: 2
Old October 10th, 2011, 11:50 AM

belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby!
Re: A custom card idea....

I'm going to try play testing this today with the rest of the vampires to see how it goes. If it seems ok then I'll try to make a card and get some input from you guys. I'm new to new custom unit arena so constructive criticism is appreciated.
Old October 10th, 2011, 06:46 PM

I have played this guy in a couple of games so far. I used all the vampires in my army. He hasn't been much of a factor even though I have rushed him to the front lines. The special attack has not worked yet. His survivability is good though and he was able to take out an opponent thus triggering the Death's Inspiration power. I'm gonna start working on a card so you can all see how it looks.
Old October 10th, 2011, 07:09 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Impale SA is very thematic for a Vlad based vampire.Just a couple of questions about it.

If there are no empty same level spaces adjacent to the affected figure can you still use the power? What is the durarion of the "impale" part of the ability (when can the affected figure move again)?

I really like when a figure's theme comes out and you did a nice job with that.

Last edited by Lamaclown; October 10th, 2011 at 07:18 PM.
Old October 10th, 2011, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamaclown View Post
Impale SA is very thematic for a Vlad based vampire.Just a couple of questions about it.

If there are no empty same level spaces adjacent to the affected figure can you still use the power?
I decided no on this issue. I thought that if there was no open adjacent same level space then he could not use this power. I may change that a bit though since it seems to be hard to get this power to work.

What is the durarion of the "impale" part of the ability (when can the affected figure move again)?
I patterned this after Major X17's cyberclaw. So I would say that the figure would be impaled until death of either the figure or Vlad. This only affects one figure at a time though unlike X17's cyberclaw which reads "all adjacent figures". My idea for this was for Vlad to lock a figure in place so the other vampires could fly in and take out the figure.

I really like when a figure's theme comes out and you did a nice job with that.
Thanks for your input. I want to make a good custom that fits the game and is also interesting to play.
Old October 11th, 2011, 12:19 AM

Sorrowsworn Reaper is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Hey, another Esenwein would be cool. Also Vlad is an irresistible vampire name LOL. Perhaps making him a little more themed might be good, if you know what I mean by that. Good thinking though!

SORROWSWORN REAPER has now acquired a
SKILLCAPE OF AWESOMENESS!
"My Awesomeness level is 99."

Old October 11th, 2011, 12:25 AM

Well I spent about the last hour working on a card. I have never used anything like photoshop or GIMP before. I followed a most excellent tutorial on GIMP that I found on this site. I need to clean this up a bit but I'm happy with my first attempt.

The guy's tongue is actually red so I'll have to fix that!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards