Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old July 20th, 2011, 03:32 PM

El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Louisville Monthly Tournament - August 13th

Louisville Monthly Tournament - August 13th

August 13th will be:
HSHQ

(Heroscape Headquarters)

Defend your base

or defeat you will FACE

Each base starts with 20 life. Each time your base takes a wound, life goes down. Person with the highest HQ number at the end of the game is the winner!

Each base will have these stats:
Life 20
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 3

Bases will never need an order marker... at the end of each round they "auto attack" figures adjacent to them.

510 Armies, No Marvel
Each entrant will need to have a 7 hex base. This can be created from FOTA walls, or a stack of 7 hex terrain. The height is anywhere between 6-10. The height of the base does not affect function at all. Another option is to make this awesome one from paper : http://www.fatdragongames.com/
17 hex limit
Partial Card Scoring (only used in the event of a HQ tie)
Kill Points
5 Swiss Rounds - 40 minutes each
11-5:30 PM (short break after the 3rd round for a snack)
$5 Registration Fee

Pet Shop Comics
1191 Hillview Blvd # 4
Louisville, KY 40229
(502) 957-3188
http://maps.google.com/maps/

Bring a little somethin' for the prize table? $5-10 suggested value. (Anything board-game-related or just plain cool is fine.)
As actual HS product is getting increasingly rare, here are some suggestions:

Storage boxes
Fuzzy Heroscape dice for car mirrors (saw this at the Cinci tournament!)
Heroclix or other similar miniatures (ESPECIALLY CV3 and SOV)
Color printouts of awesome HS art or issues of HS Codex
Color Printouts of great maps...
Cool novels you have already read
Cool DVDs you wll probably never watch again
Custom terrain
Gift Certificates... Especially to Pet Shop Comics!
Remember, not everyone who may want to be in a tournament will have their own collection - especially now! General use prizes are sometimes equally valuable.

There will be a focus on getting new players to give it a try, so loaner armies will be readily available.

Now accepting Map suggestions!

Attending:

El Diabolo +2
Deroche
Brownsfan82
Necroblade
Enkidu
Sawyer +2

Louisville Monthly Tournament
"I am a much better player than my record would indicate."

Last edited by El Diabolo; August 10th, 2011 at 04:41 PM.
Old July 20th, 2011, 04:01 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: Louisville Monthly Tournament - August 13th

Wish I could make it, but it's a week after GenCon so it's a no-go.
Old July 20th, 2011, 04:36 PM

Brownsfan82 knows what's in an order marker Brownsfan82 knows what's in an order marker Brownsfan82 knows what's in an order marker

I will be there. Also, is the base a destructible object? I guess this would clarify specials like chilling touch and whatnot.

Old July 20th, 2011, 04:49 PM
What A Daseline

Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownsfan82 View Post
I will be there.
Lies! No show for Cincinnati!!!

Old July 20th, 2011, 05:02 PM
What A Daseline

Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I guess the idea is to find an army that can destroy the HQ while the opposing army still stands. The only way that makes sense -- again, assuming you haven't wiped out the opposing force -- would be some kind of ranged unit/s.

To my mind, to go an all melee route means needing to be able to swarm the enemy base...and if you could do that, didn't you kill off most of the other side's pieces anyway? Unless both armies did an end-around and avoided each other entirely; then it would be a dice chuckfest to see who could kill the other's HQ quickest. Interesting.

So...does it make sense to once again use BoV maps or perhaps avoid those this time? Meaning, a map that's a bit bigger? My gut reaction is to avoid a BoV map unless it's long/narrow, like Embattled Fen for example.

Old July 21st, 2011, 11:24 AM

Brownsfan82 knows what's in an order marker Brownsfan82 knows what's in an order marker Brownsfan82 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deroche View Post
Quote:
I will be there.
Lies! No show for Cincinnati!!!
I forgot that I booked myself somewhere else that weekend. Then I forgot to post on the site that I couldn't come. It seems like there was a good showing though.

Old July 21st, 2011, 12:16 PM
What A Daseline

Map suggestions:

Invasion

Old July 21st, 2011, 12:48 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I will be a no show for this as well

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old July 21st, 2011, 02:02 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Can bases benefit from friendly auras and effects (specifically Raelin and Kelda)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deroche View Post
Map suggestions:

Something to consider for this map is that since part of the start zone is a 7-hex plate that is as high or higher than everything within 10 spaces, the base would almost always be on at least even ground with attacking units, and would always have a height advantage over melee units.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old July 21st, 2011, 04:41 PM

El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness El Diabolo wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
Can bases benefit from friendly auras and effects (specifically Raelin and Kelda)?
- NO.

Quote:
Something to consider for this map is that since part of the start zone is a 7-hex plate that is as high or higher than everything within 10 spaces, the base would almost always be on at least even ground with attacking units, and would always have a height advantage over melee units.
Figures cannot stand on top of the HQ. Therfore, the traditional 24 Hex starting zone is actually REDUCED by 7 hexes. 17 Hexes for the actual army.

Old July 21st, 2011, 04:42 PM

Quote:
I will be there. Also, is the base a destructible object? I guess this would clarify specials like chilling touch and whatnot.
Yes. The HQ functions as a Destructible Object.

Old July 21st, 2011, 08:47 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diabolo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
Figures cannot stand on top of the HQ. Therfore, the traditional 24 Hex starting zone is actually REDUCED by 7 hexes. 17 Hexes for the actual army.
Sorry I wasn't clear. I was actually referring specifically to the Ruins of Pine Tree Marsh-on that map there is a 7-hex plate in each start zone that is at level 3. If this map is in the map pool then players can place their base on that plate and it will have a height advantage over almost the entire map.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events