Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old November 3rd, 2007, 09:16 AM

HeroscapeLunatic has disabled reputation
Here's my opinion, even though it sucks for all of us.

I think Hasbro is campaigning towards getting more new players. Most Wal-Marts and Targets are finally jumping on the bandwagon and swapping out RotV for SotM. MarvelScape is and alternative for those that are already familiar with that genre of game. And finally, we're gradually seeing Wave 5 disappear and Waves 6 & 7 appear on the shelves. While the hardcore HS gamers buy most of their product direct from Hasbro and HMG, the majority of "new" players will be receiving theirs as Christmas presents when mommy and daddy are walking down the toy aisle of Wal-Mart.

Let's face it, Wal-Mart's track record for stocking up-to-date items is quickly diminishing. Hasbro probably just wants to get the existing product recognized and not flood the market with a bunch of new expansions that Wal-Mart can't keep up with.

Like I said, I know it sucks for us, but that may be what's happening.

Just my opinion, mind you...
Old November 3rd, 2007, 10:03 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroscapeLunatic
Here's my opinion, even though it sucks for all of us.

I think Hasbro is campaigning towards getting more new players. Most Wal-Marts and Targets are finally jumping on the bandwagon and swapping out RotV for SotM. MarvelScape is and alternative for those that are already familiar with that genre of game. And finally, we're gradually seeing Wave 5 disappear and Waves 6 & 7 appear on the shelves. While the hardcore HS gamers buy most of their product direct from Hasbro and HMG, the majority of "new" players will be receiving theirs as Christmas presents when mommy and daddy are walking down the toy aisle of Wal-Mart.

Let's face it, Wal-Mart's track record for stocking up-to-date items is quickly diminishing. Hasbro probably just wants to get the existing product recognized and not flood the market with a bunch of new expansions that Wal-Mart can't keep up with.

Like I said, I know it sucks for us, but that may be what's happening.

Just my opinion, mind you...
If that is true, it would be nice if they sold the new stuff online, pre-B&M sales. That would satisfy their needs and ours.

BTW, your avatar looks like a costume I wore once in colllege.

Old November 3rd, 2007, 03:15 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
I'm going to write a letter to hasbro telling them that they ruined Christmas...

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old November 3rd, 2007, 04:00 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
If only Craig could show the community that they still care for us poor Heroscape fans...

Oh, wait... he did!

Still want some elf heroes, though. NOW!!!

Environmentalists make great compost.
Old November 4th, 2007, 07:06 AM
Off by a little. Plus a typo.

iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker
i think thats what every body wants the elf heros

Valhalla's Darkest Hour: Custom Wave 3 and March of Shadows: Custom Large Expansion 1 coming soon.
Old November 4th, 2007, 08:57 AM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman3317
i think thats what every body wants the elf heros
I do, but as a huge fan of the Marro, I am dying for the cavalry to come out. I already love them and I have no idea what they can do yet. Its probably a good thing I haven't seen their card, though, if I'm going to have to wait until next year.
Old November 4th, 2007, 10:54 AM

iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker
ya same here i like the marros to and i want the elves and the horse leader and the elves

Valhalla's Darkest Hour: Custom Wave 3 and March of Shadows: Custom Large Expansion 1 coming soon.
Old November 4th, 2007, 11:56 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Jeez, so it's officially confirmed...no steamy Jungles or Sujoah for Christmas?

What was the summary for 2007 releases -
*Wave 7(though Wave 6 came on stronger in '07 than in '06, it could be considered this year.)
*SotM set
*MarvelScape
*Woo

'07 seems skimpy, but it's hard to feel gipped with two master sets released in one year.

BUT I WANTED MY JUNGLE FOR CHRISTMAS!!!
Old November 4th, 2007, 12:11 PM

NefariousKrimeDawg has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour
'07 seems skimpy, but it's hard to feel gipped with two master sets released in one year.
What did Ronald Regan ever do to you?

Fight metrosexuality, join the Moustache Rebellion!
Old November 4th, 2007, 06:50 PM
Thanosiest Princess

Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by NefariousKrimeDawg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour
What did Ronald Regan ever do to you?
Awww, leave the kid alone. He didn't know it's spelled with a "J".

Besides, who besides you, me, and Rev can remember the Gipper?
Old November 4th, 2007, 07:23 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Ah, George Gipp, played by Ronald whatshisname. I remember him well.
Old November 4th, 2007, 07:41 PM

the only yhing that came out last year near christmas was the castle and wave 5 and also there was only relly 1 master set that came out this year because marvel relly dosn't count toward alot of people

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News