Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Old June 5th, 2012, 11:17 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Movies: What did You Watch Last Night?

Good memory jschild. I am still waiting for my nephew to get a little older to show him that one. I am not sure he is ready to see so many of his favorite Transformers die. Pretty wicked marketing. Kill off the classic heroes to make room for new ones. I believe that was Welles' last movie.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old June 9th, 2012, 01:55 AM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Saw Prometheus today. Good, but not super impressive. Very shallow characterization, occasionally poor dialogue, lots of plot holes, and (while this isn't a flaw exactly) a very different atmosphere than I was hoping for; I knew it wasn't going to be a direct prequel to Alien, and didn't expect much xenomorph action, but was hoping it would go back to the horror sci-fi action of Alien, instead of just a standard sci-fi psychological thriller.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs
Old June 9th, 2012, 02:04 AM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fencerjared View Post
Saw Prometheus today. Good, but not super impressive. Very shallow characterization, occasionally poor dialogue, lots of plot holes, and (while this isn't a flaw exactly) a very different atmosphere than I was hoping for; I knew it wasn't going to be a direct prequel to Alien, and didn't expect much xenomorph action, but was hoping it would go back to the horror sci-fi action of Alien, instead of just a standard sci-fi psychological thriller.
I like it more than you evidently did, but I did notice a major plot hole. Someone else who has seen the movie can either agree or disagree and point out what I missed.

Spoiler Alert!

So yeah, major plot hole there unless I'm missing something. It's still a great movie and I thoroughly enjoyed it, but the writers really should've thought that through.
Old June 9th, 2012, 04:31 AM

screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker

Saw Prometheus last night and I agree with Fencerjared that it wasn't that impressive. I mean some really nice eye candies but everything else was just average. Didn't really enjoy the pacing either.

And I feel some of the characters are very narrow-minded. They are going into uncharted space where everything is unknown and yet they held on to their single expectation. Examples (spoiler)...
Spoiler Alert!

This ones my take on ABOMINATION's plot hole spoiler.
Spoiler Alert!
Old June 9th, 2012, 10:16 AM
Insanity of Cohesion

Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
We watched the latest Transformers movie the other night. I pretty much completely agree with Hahma. The special forces guys were about all that was good. Drop the whole Shia Lebouf story line, rework the script so the special forces guys are the main human characters, and kill all the pointless "hey we have a massive special effects budget" shots, and we would have an enjoyable popcorn flick weighing in at about 90 minutes. That 2.5 hours was pretty painful.

How many knew that Leonard Nimoy was also in the old animated Transformers movie? I wondered if he felt dirty using an old Spock line in Dark of the Moon.
I knew he was, he was Galvatron.

Also, Orson Welles. Eric Idle, Casey Kasem, and music by Weird Al!
Also Judd Nelson, Robert Stack, John Moschitta, and Lionel Stander. For it's time it was an expensive cast.

I just saw MIB3. Not bad. OK story, Will Smith did not age a day, Tommy Lee Jones aged 3 decades. Never be as good as the original.

-Ryougabot

Find out who works with whom
Old June 9th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

The Avengers!!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old June 9th, 2012, 12:19 PM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOMINATION View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fencerjared View Post
I like it more than you evidently did, but I did notice a major plot hole. Someone else who has seen the movie can either agree or disagree and point out what I missed.

Spoiler Alert!

So yeah, major plot hole there unless I'm missing something. It's still a great movie and I thoroughly enjoyed it, but the writers really should've thought that through.
My assumption about your question:
Spoiler Alert!

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs
Old June 9th, 2012, 09:46 PM

screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker

Re: Prometheus

How's this for inconsistencies... David eating.
Old June 9th, 2012, 11:01 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by screwDriver View Post

I assumed that this went in line with wearing a spacesuit outside...he did it to make himself seem as human as possible for the other members. Though seeing as how they were in hypersleep when he was eating is rather odd...maybe he was practicing.
Old June 10th, 2012, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOMINATION View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by screwDriver View Post

I assumed that this went in line with wearing a spacesuit outside...he did it to make himself seem as human as possible for the other members. Though seeing as how they were in hypersleep when he was eating is rather odd...maybe he was practicing.
Why does someone like him need to practice? Hehehe.

------------------------------------------------------

I hate to make a new post when my post was still the last one. But this was bothering me.

I saw Men In Black 3 a couple of weeks ago. It wasn't really something. The best thing that film had was Josh Brolin as the young Agent K was a perfect performance. Then I saw the trailer for Gangster Squad and... is it just me or Brolin was still playing young Agent K. Check out the trailers below.

MIB 3 Trailer
Gangster Squad Trailer

Last edited by screwDriver; June 11th, 2012 at 08:30 AM.
Old June 30th, 2012, 12:50 PM

The new Spider-Man with Andrew Garfield.

Likes... There are some pretty good fight scenes and some awesome moments with the swinging. I also liked that they went back to the comic-book mechanical web shooters. It was a nice touch to see The Lizard abused those web shooters (intentionally vague to avoid spoiler). I got to admit the new Spidey custom was the coolest one yet.

Dislikes... I didn't like The Lizard's design that much, was hoping for that elongated mouth, sharp teeth and long tongue but none was there. He did have a Joker-like mouth which looked weird. Dr. Connor also pulled a Norman Osborne from Sam Raimi's first Spidey movie... the dual-personality stunt. Oscorp's security was pathetic, and I don't mean like bad, it was pathetic. It felt lacking that the police publicly announcing Spidey is a wanted man but we didn't really get that many heroic acts from the guy. He just captured a few crooks. In a way of speaking, he's was not an established hero at all, he was just another vigilante. But the one thing I didn't really liked about this version of Spidey was that he wasn't the Spider-Man I grew up with. Revenge was a huge motive that drove him to clean the city of its criminals. You'd probably say Raimi's Spidey also had revenge in it. The thing was, Raimi's version was a continuous event that didn't give Peter the chance to assess. This one's handled differently, it was what drove him to go out into the nights and seek out the dark alleys. I dreaded to see the moment that he would finally catch up with the guy who killed his uncle Ben. What happened there? I'll let you watch it for yourself to avoid spoiling it. And it was kind of a let down how that was handled. You'll know what I mean when you watch it. In a nut shell, this film was trying to be like Batman. I mean, the dark theme, it's mostly night time when those fighting happens and those psychological issues. Children may enjoy the actions but I doubt it would be easy for them to appreciate the story.

And yes, there was a bonus scene. But who the heck was that? I mean really, it was supposed to be a glimpse of the next villain but gee, you need to know everything about the Spider-Man to actually guess who that was. Kind of defeat the purpose imho.

My review sounds like it's a movie to avoid. But don't get me wrong, I did enjoy it for most parts of it but those moments with Peter Parker and Gwen Stacy sure was boring.
Old June 30th, 2012, 01:34 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Haven't seen it yet, but those scenes are for the geeks and not the general audience. Anyone not a comic geek at Avengers would not have known who Thanos was, nor Thor's Hammer in IM2, or the Cosmic Cube in Thor (since Thor came out first).

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies