Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old January 3rd, 2022, 04:59 PM

Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness
The Book of D.Va (Mech)

The Book of D.Va (Mech)

C3G DARK HORSE PUBLIC EXCLUSIVE COLLECTION 34
DOMESTIC DISTURBANCE

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Monopoly Gamer figure from the Overwatch set.
Its name is D.Va.

Character Bio - “D.Va is a former professional gamer who now uses her skills to pilot a state-of-the-art mech in defense of her homeland.

Twenty years ago, South Korea was attacked by a colossal omnic monstrosity that rose from the depths of the East China Sea. The massive, lumbering construct caused catastrophic damage to coastal cities before it was driven back beneath the waves. In response, the South Korean government developed a mechanized armored drone unit, called MEKA, to protect urban environments in future engagements with the omnic threat.

The government's fears proved to be well founded, as a disturbing pattern of attacks emerged. Every few years, the monstrosity would rise from the sea to assault South Korea and its neighbors. The omnic learned from these encounters, often reconfiguring itself in a different form and appearing with new weapons and capabilities. Each incident ended in a stalemate, with the monstrosity defeated but not destroyed.

As the omnic continued to adapt, it eventually disrupted MEKA's drone-control networks, forcing the military to place pilots in the mechs. Scrambling to find suitable candidates, the government turned to the country's professional gamers, who possessed the necessary reflexes and instincts to operate the mechs' advanced weapons systems. Top stars were drafted, including reigning world champion Hana Song, also known as "D.Va." Famous for her elite skills, D.Va was a fierce competitor who played to win at all costs, and she had a well-earned reputation for showing no mercy to her opponents.

Seeing her new mission as a game, D.Va fearlessly charges into battle alongside the rest of her MEKA unit, ready to spring to her nation's defense at a moment's notice. Recently, she has begun to stream combat operations to her adoring fans, and her growing following has turned her into a global icon.” -Official Overwatch website

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • D.Va requires a large, single-space base. The base she comes with is just a tad too big for Heroscape, but this mini is made from a softer plastic than Heroclix and can be cut from its original base very easily.
  • Figures need to stay in the Defense Matrix spaces to stay affected. If a figure is thrown out or moves out with something like Moving Target, they can be attacked by non-adjacent figures again. If an enemy figure within it moves out, they are free to attack non-adjacent figures again that are not within the Defense Matrix.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:

Immunities:
Benefits:

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • Defense Matrix has a variety of applications. D.Va can use it to protect herself and her allies, to move up in the first round or two, place it on enemies to stop follow-up non-adjacent attacks, and to help position herself for Fusion Cannons.
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by Skinderella; June 24th, 2022 at 11:16 AM.
Old January 3rd, 2022, 05:00 PM

Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of D.Va (MEKA) - Breathing

NAME = D.VA
SECRET IDENTITY = HANA SONG

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = PROTECTOR
PERSONALITY = COMPETITIVE

SIZE/HEIGHT = LARGE 6

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = 235

FUSION CANNONS
Before moving normally with D.Va, you may subtract 3 from her Move number this turn. If you do, she may attack one additional time.

MICRO MISSILES 16
Once per round, after moving and before attacking with D.Va, you may choose a figure within 4 clear sight spaces of D.Va and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 16 or higher, the chosen figure receives a wound. After using Micro Missiles, you may use it 3 additional times.

OVERWATCH: DEFENSE MATRIX
Once per round, if D.Va or a friendly figure is attacked by an opponent's non-adjacent figure and at least 1 skull is rolled, you may immediately reveal an “X” Order Marker on this card and move D.Va up to 3 spaces. If you do, choose 2 spaces in a straight line from D.Va. D.Va and all figures on or within 1 space of the chosen spaces that are within clear sight of D.Va take no damage from this attack, and for the rest of this player turn, cannot attack or be attacked by non-adjacent figures.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING

Original draft
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by MrNobody; August 24th, 2022 at 09:59 PM. Reason: I'm being a meanie and editing your SP...but we usually don't put the SP text in quotes.
Old January 3rd, 2022, 05:06 PM

Art:
Spoiler Alert!

Mini photos:
Spoiler Alert!

Background:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Skinderella; March 7th, 2022 at 11:40 AM. Reason: More mini photos
Old January 3rd, 2022, 05:49 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Couple of things, doesn't feel quite like Nerf This is right yet. She can trigger it anytime it is charged in the game, not just when she takes damage. I'd consider something more like this:

NERF THIS!
Once per game, instead of moving, attacking or defending with D.Va, you may immediately use Nerf This!. Roll 3 unblockable attack dice against each figure within 3 clear sight spaces of D.Va, one at a time. A figure receives 1 wound for each skull rolled, and 2 wounds for each blank rolled. After using Nerf This!, destroy D.Va.

3 unblockable that could potentially lead to 6 wounds is just gonna make me want to run this out and blow her up as soon as possible. So I think you should probably cut the blue part, you don't need the first half of that sentence anyways since unblockable attack die already deal one wound on a skull.

DEFENSE MATRIX
If D.Va or any friendly Unique Hero is attacked by an opponent’s non-adjacent figure and at least 1 skull is rolled, you may immediately reveal the “X” Order Marker on this card and move D.Va up to 3 spaces. If you do, choose 2 spaces in a straight line from D.Va. D.Va and all figures on or within 1 space of the chosen spaces that are within clear sight of D.Va cannot target a non-adjacent figure for an attack or be targeted for a non-adjacent attack for the remainder of this turn, and if the defending figure is on one of those spaces, they receive no wounds from this attack.

I don't think you need the once per player turn bit because I don't think she should do the move unless you are doing the shielding. So you can change the first to lines to be like I have it. The last bit kinda hurts my brain a bit but it reads a little clunky still.
Old January 3rd, 2022, 05:55 PM
Forum Moderator

Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Just looking over the wording here.

Quote:
NERF THIS!
Once per game, when D.Va would receive enough any number of wounds to be destroyed from an attack or special power, instead of placing those wounds, you may immediately use Nerf This!. If you do, roll 3 unblockable attack dice against each figure within 3 clear sight spaces of D.Va, one at a time, counting all blanks rolled as 2 skulls A figure receives 1 wound for each skull rolled, and 2 wounds for each blank rolled. After using Nerf This!, destroy D.Va.
For repasteability. Would this work for Nerf This! kinda shorten and smooth it out.

Quote:
NERF THIS!
Once per game, when D.Va would receive enough wounds to be destroyed, instead of placing those wounds, you may immediately use Nerf This!. If you do, roll 3 unblockable attack dice against each figure within 3 clear sight spaces of D.Va, one at a time, counting all blanks rolled as 2 skulls. After using Nerf This!, destroy D.Va.
Old January 3rd, 2022, 05:56 PM
Forum Moderator

Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Tickle got me
Old January 3rd, 2022, 06:32 PM

The original wording for Nerf This! was a copy paste from Parademon, but I like the wording you have there tcglkn. I was worried having it as just 3 unblockable wounds would feel too weak for how powerful the explosion is in Overwatch. Is there potential for more dice to be rolled or a single blank counting as 2 skulls? I'm happy to keep it to 3 wounds max for the sake of balance though.

First half of Defense Matrix wording seems good to me! I agree on last part reading a little clunky, does this read any better at all?

Quote:
DEFENSE MATRIX
If D.Va or any friendly Unique Hero is attacked by an opponent’s non-adjacent figure and at least 1 skull is rolled, you may immediately reveal the “X” Order Marker on this card and move D.Va up to 3 spaces. If you do, choose 2 spaces in a straight line from D.Va. D.Va and all figures on or within 1 space of the chosen spaces that are within clear sight of D.Va take no damage, cannot target a non-adjacent figure for an attack, and cannot be targeted for a non-adjacent attack for the remainder of this player turn.
Old January 3rd, 2022, 06:39 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I would restructure this so that the blue line is first but I do think this reads better. Nice work.

For the remainder of this player turn, D.Va and all figures on or within 1 space of the chosen spaces that are within clear sight of D.Va take no damage, cannot target a non-adjacent figure for an attack, and cannot be targeted for a non-adjacent attack.

Another option since you can keep D.Va alive with her Defense Matrix is to make Nerf This! into a special attack like the Human Torch's Supernova. It does slightly limit when you can do it, but as a special attack you could probably just do 6-7 dice but figures would get to defend against it.
Old January 3rd, 2022, 07:09 PM

Thank you! Here it is for readability.

Quote:
DEFENSE MATRIX
If D.Va or any friendly Unique Hero is attacked by an opponent’s non-adjacent figure and at least 1 skull is rolled, you may immediately reveal the “X” Order Marker on this card and move D.Va up to 3 spaces. If you do, choose 2 spaces in a straight line from D.Va. For the remainder of this player turn, D.Va and all figures on or within 1 space of the chosen spaces that are within clear sight of D.Va take no damage, cannot target a non-adjacent figure for an attack, and cannot be targeted for a non-adjacent attack.
Nerf This! as a special attack is interesting, but I like being able to use it as a defensive reaction, which is a common use for it in Overwatch.

Quote:
NERF THIS! SPECIAL ATTACK
Range Special. Attack 7.
All figures within 3 clear sight spaces of D.Va are affected by Nerf This! Special Attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each affected figure rolls defense dice separately. After using Nerf This! Special Attack, destroy D.Va. This special attack may only be used once per game. D.Va may immediately attack with this special attack if she is destroyed by an opponent's figure.
Here's a potential write up for it. Last line probably breaks the game too much for it to stay.
Old January 3rd, 2022, 07:13 PM
Tickle Pickle

I don't think you would need the once per game part if you destroy her at the end of the power.
Old January 3rd, 2022, 07:16 PM

The once per game clause is there for the inevitable pilot D.Va, unless the potential for multiple Nerf This! isn't a concern.
Old January 3rd, 2022, 07:34 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinderella View Post
The original wording for Nerf This! was a copy paste from Parademon, but I like the wording you have there tcglkn. I was worried having it as just 3 unblockable wounds would feel too weak for how powerful the explosion is in Overwatch. Is there potential for more dice to be rolled or a single blank counting as 2 skulls? I'm happy to keep it to 3 wounds max for the sake of balance though.

First half of Defense Matrix wording seems good to me! I agree on last part reading a little clunky, does this read any better at all?
One thing I think you may be overlooking here is that it's not 3 unblockables against one figure...it's all figures in range. That is a lot of firepower in C3G.

that's a 7 hex diameter range.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library