Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old February 8th, 2010, 09:49 AM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Fantasy Scapers Project

Looking at the champions.

1. There deffinently needs to be wording on the card that even though their range is 2, its still a melee attack. I'm not sure how to word it, but I'll ponder that a bit and get back to you. I love the spearmen/pikemen feel of these guys.

2. Base attack 3 with deadly strike? So far all characters with deadlt strike/shot have no more than 2 attack base. By giving them 3 attack we're breaking the mold. Not saying thats a bad thing, but I think a little overpowered. I understand its a squad of 2, so we're looking to balance that, but 3 with deadly, is a bit much. IMHO.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old February 8th, 2010, 10:30 AM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post

1. There deffinently needs to be wording on the card that even though their range is 2, its still a melee attack. I'm not sure how to word it, but I'll ponder that a bit and get back to you. I love the spearmen/pikemen feel of these guys.
Perhaps...

LONG REACH
A Champion of Nokanus may not attack any figure that is more than 4 levels higher or lower than its own base height. When attacking, a Champion of Nokanus is always considered adjacent to the defending figure. A Champion of Nokanus' range may never be altered by any special power on an army card or glyph.

I chose 4 because that is their height but since it using a long weapon you could make it 5 or 6. Either way it allows them their "long reach" attack without them being able to attack a figure on a castle wall (or any other extreme height).

Of course the problem I see arising is if a Champion is engaged by a truly adjacent figure can he still attack a figure that is 2 spaces away? Since the defending figure is always considered adjacent I would say yes. Just a question I thought I would bring up.

Quote:
2. Base attack 3 with deadly strike? So far all characters with deadlt strike/shot have no more than 2 attack base. By giving them 3 attack we're breaking the mold. Not saying thats a bad thing, but I think a little overpowered. I understand its a squad of 2, so we're looking to balance that, but 3 with deadly, is a bit much. IMHO.
I would agree with clancampbell on this one. A base attack of 2 would be plenty strong enough. You have a good chance of rolling for 4 wounds which would be enough to take care of most squad figures and put a hurt on a good number of heroes.

Last edited by Lamaclown; February 8th, 2010 at 10:37 AM.
Old February 8th, 2010, 01:54 PM

Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness

removed. Don't give a child unfettered access to the internet.

Last edited by Alexandros; June 14th, 2023 at 06:08 PM.
Old February 8th, 2010, 05:49 PM

Takanuva has disabled reputation

Quote:

Actually, considering their high cost, only two attacks per turn, and Normal move, 3 attack is just right. Other figures with deadly strike/shot have long range, flying, and/or more then 2 attacks per turn, so I think its good .
Old February 8th, 2010, 08:52 PM

Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness

removed. Don't give a child unfettered access to the internet.

Last edited by Alexandros; June 14th, 2023 at 06:08 PM.
Old February 8th, 2010, 08:56 PM

I think their price is almost perfect actually, they seem to kill around their point cost every game(Sometimes higher, sometimes lower.)
Old March 23rd, 2010, 03:14 PM

Killz is surprisingly tart

I really like them as they are. They can be really fun with height, glyphes, and other boosts. Because when it gets that high, basically nothing can survive. The fact that they are unique really helps keep them in check, if they were common :shiver: , I can not imagine facing them without fear.

Killz is kicking it as...

Ne-Gok-Sa, the original OG and stuff

in the
Perth Keep...
Old March 23rd, 2010, 03:48 PM

A little like reverse samurai, range still tends to get them into big trouble, but now they have an offensive power that really strikes fear into your opponent, making them seem more powerful than they really are. However, this makes them big targets, if they don't get the first strike, they might not survive the round. If they do get the first strike, they can easily 1 hit kill even the strongest heroes, and it helps if they have either height, luck, or glyphs. Great customs, I really like them.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards