Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

View Poll Results: Is this a good idea?
yes 104 86.67%
no 16 13.33%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 20th, 2009, 08:49 AM

pixlepix Woo who?
Re: Strategy puzzles NEW ON JUNE 19!

Atlaga

Highlight to find answer.

"Heroscape isn't interfering with your life. Your life is interfering with heroscape."
Basic guide to heroscape
guide to heroscape rules
The best online game ever(try it out for a month.)
Old June 20th, 2009, 09:48 AM

Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think that Aldin is right. Jotun can target the door with Wild Swing, and then it will also affect the figure on the glyph.
Old June 20th, 2009, 10:13 AM

zcythe is surprisingly tart

Mimring use fireline to break the door giving him LoS on the figure on the glyph, then his fire line hit the figure on the glyph.

I'm not a schemer, I show schemers how pathetic there attempts to control things really are.
~The Joker
Old June 20th, 2009, 10:29 AM
Shade Tree

Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujoah View Post
I think that Aldin is right. Jotun can target the door with Wild Swing, and then it will also affect the figure on the glyph.
No, the wording of Wild Swing all has to do with "figures". The door is an object, so I believe it's wrong. And all the ways that can break the door are not as effective as attacking through it, since you cannot destroy it every time, if at all. Gurei-Oni, whose Tetsubo attack is more powerful than TBR's and can attack through the door, would actually have the highest chance of success. (I don't see why you can't go through the door, though; that would not be a legal build)

Sup3rS0n1c = Alexander the Great (August Cave) = Siege (Floating Archipelago)
Old June 20th, 2009, 11:03 AM

ICEMASTER is surprisingly tart

DW8000 would could do it. With rapid fire special attack. The Door can't use it's special defence because rapid fire is a special attack. DW8000 would rapid fire through the door and kill who ever was on the other side.

As in the words of rednax.What does neg-rep accomplish that a kindly-worded PM can't, besides possibly angering the recipient?
Old June 20th, 2009, 11:26 AM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'll go with Jotun.
Old June 20th, 2009, 11:39 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sup3rS0n1c View Post
Quote:
No, the wording of Wild Swing all has to do with "figures". The door is an object, so I believe it's wrong. And all the ways that can break the door are not as effective as attacking through it, since you cannot destroy it every time, if at all. Gurei-Oni, whose Tetsubo attack is more powerful than TBR's and can attack through the door, would actually have the highest chance of success. (I don't see why you can't go through the door, though; that would not be a legal build)
I actually checked the Book of the Fortress Door to verify Jotun/Zelrig attacking the door hits the fig on the glyph and that Agent Carr cannot Ghost through it. I will say that I kinda like DW8k except I just can't imagine him succeeding enough times to blow through 4 Defense and 10 Life - otherwise he would be THE door killer in this game.

~Aldin, explosively

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old June 20th, 2009, 11:44 AM
Shade Tree

Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sup3rS0n1c View Post
Quote:
I actually checked the Book of the Fortress Door to verify Jotun/Zelrig attacking the door hits the fig on the glyph and that Agent Carr cannot Ghost through it. I will say that I kinda like DW8k except I just can't imagine him succeeding enough times to blow through 4 Defense and 10 Life - otherwise he would be THE door killer in this game.

~Aldin, explosively
Hmm... I'll have to check that. I'm always reading wording wrong, whether it's HS or CoNGS...

Edit: Wow, it explicitly states it in there... Hmm. *checks the book of Jotun for loopholes*

Sup3rS0n1c = Alexander the Great (August Cave) = Siege (Floating Archipelago)
Old June 20th, 2009, 11:52 AM

Myst9 knows what's in an order marker Myst9 knows what's in an order marker Myst9 knows what's in an order marker

I seem to have missed a lot, but this looks like fun. I would say DW9000 would do best to attack the figure on the glyph (in puzzle 5) and make the glyph in puzzle 1 a summon glyph.

For our battle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, ...authorities, ...the world powers of this darkness, ...the spiritual forces of evil in the heavens. Ephesians 6:12.
Old June 20th, 2009, 12:00 PM

SpartanNinja knows what's in an order marker SpartanNinja knows what's in an order marker SpartanNinja knows what's in an order marker

Mimring or Jotun, they both have an equal chance...

Whether to believe or disbelieve, it is a wicked thing to take away men’s hope.

Old June 20th, 2009, 02:41 PM

500points Woo who?

Tul-bak-ra Use his special attack
Highlight the above.

< Click me Please
Old June 20th, 2009, 02:55 PM

FOOTBALLDUDE88 is surprisingly tart

I would have to go with either DW9 or 8K. 9K because he could shoot the door and affect all adjacent figures and 8K because he could hypathetically use rapidfire on the door and then continue on to kill who ever was on the glyph.

VOTE FEN HYDRA IN
UBR 2011!! ALL HAIL
FEN HYDRA,
IMMORTAL FEN
HYDRA

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles