Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

View Poll Results: Which Master Set do you like the best?
Rise of the Valkyrie (1st one) 564 89.52%
Swarm of the Marro (2nd one) 66 10.48%
Voters: 630. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 24th, 2008, 12:29 AM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatespuppet
There was a very interesting custom created that had moveable walls. He used foam core and pins I think, but it looked to be easily convertible to plastic. It could work like the battlements or the bridge walls or a combination of both.

Perhaps the walls could be a set that are designed to fit on one side of a hex along with ones for in the little wedge created when two are connected. Add in some doorway/archway hexes and dungeons could be done quite easily. By George I think we got something.
Like these perhaps? See more at:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...t=2064&start=0

Old January 24th, 2008, 12:36 AM
Ug, a gray man

Eckels knows what's in an order marker Eckels knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatespuppet
There was a very interesting custom created that had moveable walls. He used foam core and pins I think, but it looked to be easily convertible to plastic. It could work like the battlements or the bridge walls or a combination of both.

Perhaps the walls could be a set that are designed to fit on one side of a hex along with ones for in the little wedge created when two are connected. Add in some doorway/archway hexes and dungeons could be done quite easily. By George I think we got something.
I think you're referring to my setup.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=15205

This setup would work very well as interlocking plastic pieces. I used foam, because it was basically a cheap prototype. I'd love to see a dungeon set that utilized walls like these.

The walls I made, were basically pre-formed 2, 3, and 4 sided walls. And I can re-arrange them in any pattern to make new small close-quarters maps.

Hope that helps.

Good Traders: Just_a_Bill, Wind Lane, Steiner, Hilo-scaper, tdavid6
My Latest Maps
Old January 24th, 2008, 12:43 AM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eckels
You are right actually, he was. My walls in the first picture were of a fixed size. It would be nice in the future to have both dungeon walls and cave/rock walls that attached to the base hexes in the same fashion as the battlements of the castles. These could be several hexes long or shorter. That way they would be modular.
Old January 24th, 2008, 03:15 AM

Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby!
What is up with the poll influx in the HeroScape General Discussion (7 and different authors)? Sorry to comment it here (I don't want to thread it). I voted ROTV.

Eckels, I saw those stuff and the wooden storage you have in your thread and they are amazing.

Old January 24th, 2008, 03:21 AM
Heroscape Architect Extraordinaire

caravaggio is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Quote:
Originally Posted by caravaggio
ps... i notice that a lot of you like to see common squads in mastersets and want to see a poll to this effect. i would guess that a poll on this site would skew towards those wanting mulitple commons. but people, we are the converted. we dont need to be enticed to buy more heroscape. we will buy just about anything they make. the master set needs to entice new recruits and if you think back to what it was about the original masterset that got you to pick it up it was the VARIETY!!!! then you went BACK for the TERRAIN!!! right?
Let me answer your question with this - imagine if RotV had included 2 squads of Zettian Guards and Tarn Viking Warriors as commons... hmm?
that would suck! i would not want to give up 6 awesome unique heroes so i could play those 2 squads as common or have an extra set of them.

if you're suggesting that those two squads should have been common then i'm inclined to agree with you. but if they were common the best place for them to be would be in a booster pack...
Old January 24th, 2008, 03:25 AM
ToysRUs Kid

Taelord knows what's in an order marker Taelord knows what's in an order marker
OMG Carravagio is back!!!!! Where have you been!?

Dan's Mom: "Why you persist in acting like a fifteen year old is beyond me."

Dan: "I'm filled with reckless desire."
Old January 24th, 2008, 03:34 AM
Ug, a gray man

Eckels knows what's in an order marker Eckels knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly-Caco
Eckels, I saw those stuff and the wooden storage you have in your thread and they are amazing.
Awesome, thanks a lot. Glad you liked it

Good Traders: Just_a_Bill, Wind Lane, Steiner, Hilo-scaper, tdavid6
My Latest Maps
Old January 24th, 2008, 03:52 AM

NFCfan has disabled reputation
the perfect Masterset would combine the best elements of the two previous sets

-ROTV The good for this set is the wide variety of units, Having matrix agents, samurai, and a T Rex teaming up against a killer robot, a dragon, and US military soldiers is very cool

The bad for this set is the unique status of the squads

-SWARM

The good for this set is that all of the squads are common

The bad for this set is the lack of variety, just a bunch of marro and a couple single heroes, The lack of variety makes the game less intriguing

PERFECT MASTERSET

-The next masterset should have units from all time periods for example a set featuring cavemen, knights, soulborgs, machine gunners, tanks, and goblins and these would all be common.

-Toss in a couple unique huge Heroes- a beheamoth, a titan, a killer robot, and a mummy

-Include some terrain and now the set is perfect
Old January 24th, 2008, 04:44 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
LETS HAVE ANOTHER POLE!

Notice I am not doing it since people razzed me so much about my last one.

It could address one of two topics.
1) What's wrong with SotM (boring, but could be informative).
2) What would be a cool new master set.

I'd be more interested in the second one. The options would be:
Same as ROTV
ROTV + Commons
Themes like SotM
Themes like SotM+LOS blockers

and maybe some people can suggest more ideas. Basically look for the common suggestions in this thread and make a new thread with a poll over those. And when that is done I think we could lock this thread--after sending an email to WOTC reporting the results.

I'd appreciate it if people could suggest other broad categories that I might have missed in looking over this thread. Notice we need things that can be put in a poll, not awesome specific suggestions like buildable walls.

Feel free to razz me if you think I'm an idiot.
Feel free to razz me for using such an old slang word.
But then again, isn't razz old enough to be cool again? LONG LIVE RAZZING!
(Mirriam-Webster definition for those of you too young to even know what the word means.)
Main Entry: razz
Pronunciation: \ˈraz\
Function: noun
Etymology: short for razzberry sound of contempt, alteration of raspberry
Old January 24th, 2008, 07:26 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eckels
You are right actually, he was. My walls in the first picture were of a fixed size. It would be nice in the future to have both dungeon walls and cave/rock walls that attached to the base hexes in the same fashion as the battlements of the castles. These could be several hexes long or shorter. That way they would be modular.
I completey agree with this. Does anyone realize how many sets of Dungeon Crawl terrain I would buy??? Also I think you could snag a whole group of people who are not currently playing using an idea like this. Something about a Dungeon just makes people want to buy it. Especially if it is a value.
Old January 24th, 2008, 07:35 AM

KingZombie is surprisingly tart
Whew....that took quite awhile to get through all 9 pages of posts.

I kinda skimmed, so I apologize if Im repeating others.

Let me first say that I am a newbie and haven't actually played a real game yet with the advanced rules. Just a couple with my 6.y.o.

However, I have already bought WAY more than I should have. So hear are my thoughts.

1) I like the idea of more common squads and fewer uniques in MS. But for those of us who buy multiples, we can always give some of those away to kids for Halloween (who doesn't want cool figures) or help out new players who don't have the resources to buy a ton of stuff. Kinda like what my friends and I used to do when we played Magic back in the day.

2) Sparkly water. Or, different shades of water to represent different depths. I figure sparkly is shallow, the newer water is darker ergo deeper.

3) Themed Master Sets: The desert one mentioned looked cool. Different eras or armies. SotM was kinda dedicated to the Marrow, so why not 1 for the Soulborgs, etc?

4) Cool, non-tile terrain pieces: Trees, buildings, etc.

5) Easier to use terrain pieces. Im old enough to remember when you had to use all of the legos in your box to make cool stuff. Now they have pre-formed cockpits and "cheater" pieces for legos. Why not have some terrain that way so you can whip out a double thick 7 hex (or larger) and save a little time when making a map. Pre-made bridges? I know this takes a little away from the versatility, but I think it might make game play more fun (and the same with mapmaking, too)

6) Terrain Pieces Available from Customer Service or the WotC onlinestore This would be a great way for those of us with specific needs to get the piece we want (read as NEED) instead of getting a bunch of extra bridge trolls (or bridges) if all you really want is the trees from RttFF.

Those are my thoughts.

Work hard, play harder!
Great traders: beholderthedm,mecha frog, Shoe
Old January 24th, 2008, 07:36 AM

Junge Roman has disabled reputation
Add my vote for a dungeonscape expansion. Finally, I could get some closure on my difficult breakup with Heroquest.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion