Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old January 21st, 2010, 06:02 PM
What's Curse of Negoksa???

Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Metroid Prime Trilogy

Just watched the trailer. A couple of thoughts.

1) It looks like a mix of 1st and 3rd person. I saw a shot where you were looking through her visor.

2) When did Samus cut her hair? I always saw her with long hair.

3) I hope my mom and dad will let me buy it. It looks a little more violent than the others.

Swamper is Zetacron...
in the
Garden of Horror...
Old January 21st, 2010, 06:05 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yeah, it seems like they are going for a bit more God of War style intensity.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old January 24th, 2010, 02:15 PM

Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Still looking for those effin Energy Cells. After I got bored looking for the power cells, I switched to Metroid Prime. Man, that game is even better than I remembered! I spent 2 hours playing it, and could've done more, but I figured I needed to stop.

If anyone wants to exchange Wii friend codes for those friend vouchers, just shoot me a PM.

Swamper is Zetacron...
in the
Garden of Horror...
Old January 24th, 2010, 10:18 PM

Syvaris knows what's in an order marker Syvaris knows what's in an order marker

I picked this back up (waiting for Mass Effect 2) and am about half way threw two. I must say Prime is my favorite. Two and Three just do not pull off the great feel One has. I loved roaming around in one and the boss battles actually feel, well BOSS like. Most of the bosses in two and three are pretty lame. I think Other M looks good, not any more violent though. I mean look at Prime one, that one beetle has a pretty graphic death and there are quite a few splatters.
Old January 27th, 2010, 08:11 PM

Bogusoid is surprisingly tart

I really wanted to get this but I couldn't spare the money when I saw it at FYE. I also will probably not play it for a long time, but I love the idea of converting the first two games to Wii.

I'm the wiener, you're the bun. Come on over, let's have fun!

Confirmed Good Traders: tcglkn, DragonSlayer2
Old January 27th, 2010, 08:27 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I must say, if I had had my say in the Trilogy disk, there would have been 2 things that I added:

#1: Boss Battles. Unlike the 2d games, the most awesome bosses take more than 2 hours to get to. Just playing against something like Quadraxis is fun.

#2: Final Boss Swap: The opportunity to play any final boss in the fully equipped garb from a different game.

EX: Phazon Suit Samus (Prime 1) on Phaaze. In this situation, Sammy would not be damaged by phazon, and would still always have the phazon beam active.

Also, Hyper mode vs. Emperor Ing. Enough said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old January 27th, 2010, 10:26 PM

Syvaris knows what's in an order marker Syvaris knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukatha View Post
I must say, if I had had my say in the Trilogy disk, there would have been 2 things that I added:

#1: Boss Battles. Unlike the 2d games, the most awesome bosses take more than 2 hours to get to. Just playing against something like Quadraxis is fun.

#2: Final Boss Swap: The opportunity to play any final boss in the fully equipped garb from a different game.

EX: Phazon Suit Samus (Prime 1) on Phaaze. In this situation, Sammy would not be damaged by phazon, and would still always have the phazon beam active.

Also, Hyper mode vs. Emperor Ing. Enough said.
She was immune to the phazon as she was in hyper mode/had the phazon beam. It was only because of the "corruption" of the planet that made her more corrupt that she "took damage". Besides what fun would it be if she was immune to that. Phaaze was a great challenge, stay alive and at low damage to fight a massive boss at the end, no saves and you're taking constant low damage. It was a great tension builder and also a great way to make you move quickly.
Old January 29th, 2010, 07:06 PM

Still looking for that Energy Cell on Bryyo. Hints would be appreciated!

I unlocked the secret ending with 75% of pickups. Also, am I correct in assuming there isn't a Super missile OR SuperBomb?

Swamper is Zetacron...
in the
Garden of Horror...
Old January 31st, 2010, 08:27 AM

I beat it! 81% done, and it only took me three times to beat the boss.

Again, I've got a whole lot of friend vouchers, so just shoot me a PM and we can exchange some.

Swamper is Zetacron...
in the
Garden of Horror...
Old February 1st, 2010, 06:31 PM

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I've got 100% on prime 3,

But I can't beat that Frakking Aurora unit.

Also, check the inventory area when playing Prime 3. The hints for where to find the energy cells are there, and are in the same vein as the artifacts/temple keys of the previous games where you are given part of the room name.

Swamper: Do you have Trilogy or Prime 3?

I could use credits, but the two versions are not cross-compatible.

Quote:
Old February 15th, 2010, 01:40 AM

The Walrus King is surprisingly tart

I have to say, Corruption started out so promising. The intro, the Olympus, and Norion all blew me away.

But then it all dropped off just about a bit of the way through Elysia. Compelling story pretty much dissolved, and the game became way to easy. Certain parts afterwards (Theuronian Bomb, Pirate Homeworld) were great, except cheap gimmicks were keeping it from reaching full potential. (the Phazon grapple thing. Like, seriously? And the nova beam.)

One big issue i have is this: If you use the gunship missiles in 4 locations, why is there capacity for 11 missiles?!?! I really don't get it. I expected more use of the gunship, especially with the addition of the blast shield and "battle mode" when inside. I thought you were gonna have to pilot the ship Starfox-style in some parts or at least have a ship battle.

I really hated the ending. The boss fight was stupid and way too easy. I didnt have as big of an issue with the energy cells than i did with the keys in Echoes.

Final Verdict: 8.5/10
Graphics: 10/10
Control: 9/10 (issues pointing up)
Story: 7/10 (great, but the ending really killed it)
Replay Value: 8.5/10 (I'd love to replay the intro up through Norion over again, but besides that, eh...)

BUY IT.

LOSE THE GAME
RULE 1: You are playing the game.
RULE 2: Whenever you think about the game, you lose.
RULE 3: Loss must be announced.

Congrats. You just lost game.
Old February 15th, 2010, 01:01 PM

Walrus, have you ever tried on Hyper?

The final boss is EXTREMELY Difficult.

Quote:

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games