Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

View Poll Results: Who is best Master set1 hero?
Drake 13 18.31%
Carr 2 2.82%
Raelin 30 42.25%
Deathwalker 9000 1 1.41%
Syvarris 17 23.94%
Grimnak 3 4.23%
Mimring 4 5.63%
Finn 0 0%
Thorgrim 1 1.41%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 30th, 2007, 10:50 PM

Location: Grut with the other Orcs ready to eat salted Baby preztels
BRUNAK has disabled reputation
Rise of Valkyrie#1

Who is the best hero in rise of Valkyrie to you? To me it's Drake six attack and thorian speed lures opponents to become adjacent.
forever
Old June 30th, 2007, 10:51 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Most people will say Raelin... but I'll go with Syvarris. 9 Range and Double Attack? Sounds good to me.
Old June 30th, 2007, 11:49 PM

Sargent_Drake_8 has disabled reputation
Drake all the way!!! (My namesake)

Now where's Utgarsworstfear to give me some back up on this one?

Sarge is Torch...
aboard STARSHIP GAMMA...
Old July 1st, 2007, 12:16 AM

dragonfire9788 rolls all skulls baby! dragonfire9788 rolls all skulls baby! dragonfire9788 rolls all skulls baby! dragonfire9788 rolls all skulls baby!
With defense aura Realin is has the best strategy. Syvarris has double attack and range of nine. Drake attack 6. Or DWK. Hmmmmm.......Time to flip two coins at the same time. Now for the third one.

Realin.

Currently Sigless.
Gotta Go to the Sig Bank.
Old July 1st, 2007, 12:17 AM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Give me Drake in most situations. I won't easily turn down a six attack with immunity to normal range attacks. And eve though Grapple Gun is hardly used, the times I have used it have made a huge difference in the battles.

Old July 1st, 2007, 05:34 AM

CaptainJack102 has disabled reputation
i would say that Grimnak is extremely effective and with the right support, i have found him to game winning on many occasions

add a drop of lavender to your bath and soon you will soak yourself calm
Old July 1st, 2007, 08:29 AM

GIR has disabled reputation
Syvarris, still very popular today and I always forget to use Raelin's aura.
Also, who doesn't love double attack with 9 range and height advantage stat of 4 attack?

I like waffles!
Old July 1st, 2007, 10:19 AM

GForce3062 has disabled reputation
This is even harder for me to decide. I'm thinking who is the best out of...

Syvaris
Sgt. Drake
Raelin

Syvaris- 9 range is deadly, but with 3 attack plus double attack(usually 4 since height comes in to play) he's a real killer. Squads or heroes. And for 100 points, it's a good investment.

Sgt. Drake- My homedog. Immune to normal ranged attacks is my favorite part about him. And 6 attack is nothing to laugh about. But with 3 defense, he doesn't have much lasting power, even with 5 life. Plus, with so many ranged special attacks, his Thorian Speed is made useless. His grapple gun in my opinion makes him one of the top 5 units chosen when attacking the castle.

Raelin- Her 'Defensive Aura' is the only thing you would draft Raelin for... and that's not bad because everyone could use that +2 defence. But with 4 life, she's not gonna last long. Even with 4 defence. Plus, she's a HUGE target.

Now that I've written down what I like about each figure I'm debating over, I have to say I like.......... Syvaris more. With Raelin in close 2nd and Drake at a very close 3rd.
Old July 1st, 2007, 11:24 AM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I love Drake but with all the special ranged attacks running around (ie Q9), Drake isn't as good as he used to be, he has one attack (altho a good one), and no bonding. He is still a nice game finisher, but he isn't the best IMO

Sylvarris is alright but sylvy gets killed very easily. There are better ranged heroes than sylvarris (like kaemon awa)

Raelin is the best by far. Now she can't kill much of anything, but she helps so much and always earns back her pts. in shielding. SHe can fly which is a huge help and her health ain't too bad. She is the most versitile of all the master set heroes.

ps: Now if you are talking about who is the best master set hero when playing against master set figures I'd still probably go with raelin, and she is usually the 1st hero drafted, but Drake would be a very close second.
Old July 1st, 2007, 11:29 AM

playa1 knows what's in an order marker playa1 knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack102
i would say that Grimnak is extremely effective and with the right support, i have found him to game winning on many occasions
You bet! Grimmy all the way. Sure he looks like he should have a life of about 7 and his attack of 2 is pitiful. I know he goes down pretty quick when your opponent targets him, but he has the best combo of abilities!

The ability to automatically eliminate a squad figure! (awesome! no die roll!)
The ability to bond! (much underrated ability)
Occasionally you could eat an important figure! -- I lost Kaemon to Grimnak once -- it was devastating!
Old July 1st, 2007, 11:37 AM

War Solves Everything has disabled reputation
By himself Drake would be the best, but with a whole army and tons of people to power up, Raelin owns.

I feel sorry for you. Your not me.
Old July 1st, 2007, 02:57 PM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Syvarris

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion