Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old August 18th, 2022, 03:44 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Not so much board games but miniature wargames: got in a game of walking dead call to arms, and star wars legion.

The walking dead game call to arms was pretty fun. I played negan, and some of his saviors against my bro in law who played Rick, Glenn, and another one of the Atlanta survivors. It was a tight game with Rick and negan dying and me winning by a few points. The legion game was my Imperial troops, an atst, with some mercenaries and Boba fett vs my brother playing republic with captain Rex, clones, arc troopers, and a Sabre tank. It came down to the line and was alot of fun. I won that one round 6 with two points.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old August 18th, 2022, 08:43 AM
Promotable Material

Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Not so much board games but miniature wargames: got in a game of walking dead call to arms, and star wars legion.

The walking dead game call to arms was pretty fun. I played negan, and some of his saviors against my bro in law who played Rick, Glenn, and another one of the Atlanta survivors. It was a tight game with Rick and negan dying and me winning by a few points. The legion game was my Imperial troops, an atst, with some mercenaries and Boba fett vs my brother playing republic with captain Rex, clones, arc troopers, and a Sabre tank. It came down to the line and was alot of fun. I won that one round 6 with two points.
Sounds like fun. Is walking dead the first game—smaller scale or the newer one? I get the two mixed up. I have the core box of the original game with the threat tracker and solo play option, but never bought into it much after a couple plays — I did have a lock on eBay for a bundle of the expansions but got sniped.
Old August 18th, 2022, 07:07 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfire View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post

Sounds like fun. Is walking dead the first game—smaller scale or the newer one? I get the two mixed up. I have the core box of the original game with the threat tracker and solo play option, but never bought into it much after a couple plays — I did have a lock on eBay for a bundle of the expansions but got sniped.
All out war is the first rendition of the game with the threat tracker, panic die, and more of a coop scenario feel.

Call to arms uses the same models but has a new manual that really streamlines any of the slightly janky rules, takes away the the threat tracker and panic die, uses new improved cards, and makes the game a much better small scaled skirmish pvp game. They sell card packs of the ruthless faction characters, and the lawful faction characters, along with equipment card packs. The game play is much more enjoyable and quite fun. Not having your characters panic off the board is a plus, combat is much better, and the rules used for firearms and running out of bullets/reloading are miles better. The game is now out of print at the time of me posting this so it may be tougher to get some of the stuff. At the very least, to play this you'd need the call to arms manual, some of their dice, and the card packs. You could quite easily 3d print models to use or use proxies. I plan on using zombicide modern survivor figures to proxy in for all the characters I have cards for but not the legit models for. I laminate all my stuff, so I plan on Taking pics of my zombicide proxies and taping those images over the mini figure on my other laminated cards. I have tons of zombicide modern survivors so this will work well. Zombies from zombicide also work perfect for hordes of zombies in the game. The move template is literally a ten inch ruler and there's also a circular blast radious/ kill zone template as well. In short the new version is miles better in my opinion. It's much more pvp based, which is how me and the dudes I game with like to play.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old September 1st, 2022, 10:05 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

August gaming: This includes Ken Con.

Pathfinder: ACG x 2
HeroScape x 5
Battle Cry
Dragon Dice x 4
Spot It
Agricola
Iron Man 2 War
Dice Throne
Massive Darkness
Rumble Slam
Oathsworn into the Deepwood x 14
Hexplore It
LotR: LCG x 9
Tiny Epic Dungeons
Tiny Epic Mechs
Marvel Champions x 6
Descent "3rd" Edition x 2
Mansions of Madness
The Crew x 4
King of Tokyo
Too Many Bones
Dungeon Mayhem

Oathsworn was the big hit of the month. It is still new, but it might be the best campaign game I've ever played. The jury is still out.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old September 1st, 2022, 10:54 AM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Great month! We've been digging into the Descent 2nd edition as a family. Been a cool experience.

My sons have been playing a ton of Magic.

My sons and I are nearing our 500 day of D&D since the pandemic began (classic Mystara campaign).

We recently finished the original Crew as a family.

Here is our family plays for August:

Magic: The Gathering 30
Dungeons & Dragons Starter Set 16
Heroscape Master Set: Rise of the Valkyrie 6
Disney Villainous 2
6 nimmt! 1
Asking for Trobils 1
Azul 1
Carcassonne 1
The Castles of Burgundy 1
Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition) 1
Dominion 1
Dominion: Allies 1
Ethnos 1
Fantastic Factories 1
Illusion 1
The Isle of Cats 1
Istanbul 1
Keystone: North America 1
Red7 1
Rolling Realms 1
So Clover! 1
Space Base 1
Terraforming Mars: Ares Expedition 1
Tiny Towns 1
Tobago 1
Old September 9th, 2022, 08:32 AM
That's right! He can be taught!

Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby!

Heroscape. Been off it for over a decade. Had a relapse, help me out guys lol

Feeling like an old lurker. 15 years, wow. That's half as long as I've lived. Love y'all like family.
Old September 30th, 2022, 10:09 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Had to postpone our first session with the new Dominion and Breen expansions for Star Trek Ascendancy. Have rescheduled for next Saturday. While the Breen play as a normal faction, with a few of their own special rules, there are three ways to play The Dominion, which comes in a larger Borg sized box. We'll start off playing the first way:

1. As a normal Alpha Quadrant faction with their own special rules.
2. As a Gamma Quadrant Faction, with access only through the Wormhole near Bajor and Deep Space Nine to a seperate network of systems.
3. "The Dominion War" team game, with many different rules as a major game variation. The standard start would be The Dominion, Breen, and Cardassians vs The Federation, Klingons, and Romulans (canon from the TV series DS9).
Old September 30th, 2022, 02:02 PM
Doesn't need a special title anymore

Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
My sons and I are nearing our 500 day of D&D since the pandemic began (classic Mystara campaign).
Whoa! I cut my teeth playing B/X D&D in the Known World! (It will forever be the Known World to me; the Mystara rebranding came much later.) I'd love to here more about your campaign.
Old October 21st, 2022, 10:53 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Been playing DVG's For What Remains: Blood on the Rails and Out of the Basement, Very cool post-apocalyptic wargame with a chit-pull system and AI programming for solitaire skirmishes.

Also White Dog Games solitaire zombie wargame, The Night that is pretty much a Night of the Living Dead adaptation. The presentation is excellent. Game play is okay. My only minor quibble is Barbra's brother, Johnny is not represented in the game and her name is Barbara on her token/chit. LOL.

Old October 22nd, 2022, 12:47 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Just received Roll For the Galaxy. We will play our second game tonight. I think I'm really going to like this one.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old October 24th, 2022, 10:06 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Family reunion! We played:

The Great Dalmuti
Splendor
The Game
The Crew: Quest for Plant Nine

I still love seeing this thread active. I've gotten so many great game ideas from your posts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old October 26th, 2022, 02:09 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Not played per se, but just picked up on a trip to New York! Dominant Species, The Gallerist, and Tellstones: King's Gambit. Huzzah!

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games