Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Maps & Scenarios
Marvel Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios built primarily for Marvel terrain and figures.

Old December 18th, 2008, 11:47 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: Battlefields of Marvel (BoM) Discussion Thread

I think 600 is a great starting point (no pun intended) for mixed Marvel games.

~NB, who has been spending his change too often lately
Old December 18th, 2008, 02:17 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Just wanted to throw in a quick response to each of these.

For the 600 point minimum, I am fully in favor of that. I think this will help the maps maintain a small sense of fairness toward Classic Squadscape, while not overpowering the Marvel heroes with hoardes of enemies.

As for the Classification of Heroscape Sets, I think that Eirkr really had more in mind than changing the status of the SotM MS. I like his suggestions regarding the allowable materials, but I think that rather a change instatus is unnecessary. We as judges are wise enough (I hope) to be able to vote down any maps that just do not work without the change. However, if an awesome map arises using a funky combo of RotV, Marvel, and SotM, why would we not allow it if it is a great map? Furthermore, I think in light of what Eirkr has said, that it would me more beneficial to allow the Marvel set to be used as differently. I will move to amend the status of the Marvel set pending a decision on the SotM. More on this later!

Updated: 12/18/08

BoM by-law changes being reveiwed:

Removal of the Hybrid Status of the of the SotM MS

YES:1 (The Silver Surfer); NO:1 (ET86); Pending:4 (Spidysox, peteparkerh, Ugly_Caco, stumpy_man)

Change of minimum playtest point value to 600 points

YES:2 (The Silver Surfer. ET86); NO:0 (); Pending: 4 (Spidysox, peteparkerh, Ugly_Caco, stumpy_man)
Maps Currently being reviewed:

Scapecity Tower Bridge by Peteparkerh
YES = 3(Silver Surfer, ET86, Spidysox); NO = 0; Pending = 2 (Ugly-Caco, Stumpy_man)
*Peteparkerh removed from the process as per map creator

Under the "EL" by Jodokast
YES = 0; NO = 0; Pending = 6 (Spidysox, Silver Surfer, Ugly-Caco, Stumpy_man, ET86, Peteparkerh)

Maps pending acceptance for review:

CryoTech Labs by ET86
YES = 0 ; No = 2 (Silver Surfer, Stumpy_man); Pending = 3 (Spidysox, Ugly-Caco, Peteparkerh)
*EternalThanos86 removed from process as per map creator

Happy Scaping!
~ET86

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old December 18th, 2008, 03:21 PM

jodokast is surprisingly tart

Just to put my thoughts in on what Eirkr said, I think most players are not going to have a second Marvel set, since the only reason would be terrain, which is not all that wonderful. I'm not opposed to buying a second one, I just don't think most people will.

The point is that until we have a decent pool of maps, jumping to two Marvel sets doesn't seem practical.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup!!

Think Safely!
Old December 18th, 2008, 04:31 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eirikr View Post
Another map that I think looks and will play awesome is 'Marvel Secret Lab' by Naps420 (the lava sinkhole in the middle of the two warehouse ruins). It is beautiful too and is the type of map that should be encouraged (in my opinion) in this project.
Which brings me to my final point. I believe you could (and should) adjust the rules slightly to improve the look and feel of the possible maps submitted and allow more maps like Marvel Secret Lab' into the mix.
Pete brought up this map previously but it didn't fit the by-laws so I took the idea of the sinkhole and began working on it and got something similar to fit the guidelines. Once I e-mail it to Pete he'll hopefully upload it.

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet
Old December 18th, 2008, 05:35 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodokast View Post
Just to put my thoughts in on what Eirkr said, I think most players are not going to have a second Marvel set, since the only reason would be terrain, which is not all that wonderful. I'm not opposed to buying a second one, I just don't think most people will.

The point is that until we have a decent pool of maps, jumping to two Marvel sets doesn't seem practical.
To me this is one of the main points of this discussion. We are trying to keep this to a situation where just about anyone can build the maps with no more than one of any set. I don't know many people who have more than one Marvel set, so if we start including 2 Marvel set maps, we may be excluding a lot of people from being able to set up our maps. I personally don't have 2 Marvel sets and am willing to bet even most of our judges do not as well.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old December 18th, 2008, 06:13 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I don't so I back you up 100%

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet
Old December 18th, 2008, 06:20 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

I have 2 sets and the posibilities offered with the additional terrain are fantastic.
Old December 18th, 2008, 08:18 PM
the Teirible

Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby!

Again I thank you for your thoughtful consideration of my ideas. I would certainly agree that if the judges don't even own a second Marvel set then it will not work at all and is an indicator that not many others have a second set either. I am suddenly excited about getting a second set though.

HeroScape is back Baby! Whoo Hoo!!!
Old December 18th, 2008, 08:55 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eirikr View Post
Again I thank you for your thoughtful consideration of my ideas. I would certainly agree that if the judges don't even own a second Marvel set then it will not work at all and is an indicator that not many others have a second set either. I am suddenly excited about getting a second set though.
The second sets do indeed make for some great opportunities and I'm sure we, as BoM participants, will figure something out that will work for everyone.

What?!? Not everyone took advantage of the 6 @ $9 (shipped) Marvel sets which were down to $4.99 at one point?

~ET86

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old December 19th, 2008, 06:54 PM

stumpy_man is surprisingly tart

I'll vote Yes to change the minimum point value to 600.

Here's one problem I have though. I was testing out peterparkerh's idea of using a marvel guy with 350 point base and I couldn't even get that to fit into a 12 starting space limit. I think that we need to think through our starting zone limit considering that it will work for Marvel only games but will not be enough for a tournament with mixed units in an army. I think that maybe maps should have two starting zones. One for marvel only and one for mixed games. This would be really simple as we would basically add a few pieces to the back of the original start zones.

I'll vote No to the removal of Hybrid status from SotM for the reasons that ET stated. I think that our current set requirements are fine and that we already encourage people to make slightly smaller maps.
Old December 19th, 2008, 08:01 PM

The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker

I personally have not had problems with the starting zone spaces. However that could be because I primarily think that marvel games are meant for (usually) meant for 100+ point heroes, and only one or 2 squads. But I still think that the 12 space starting zones are fine.

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast"
Ephesians 2:8-9

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved" Acts 16:31

PM me if you would like to know more.
Old December 19th, 2008, 08:11 PM
Shade Tree

Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness

stumpy man gives a good point. I personally agree, but I don't think it would be necessary. After all, people could easily double the start area on their own. Just my 2 cents.

Sup3rS0n1c = Alexander the Great (August Cave) = Siege (Floating Archipelago)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Maps & Scenarios