Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old May 2nd, 2010, 11:47 AM

chispito is surprisingly tart
Re: Premature Pre??? PreRelease D&D Wave 2 Expansion Specula

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcollins2000 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukatha View Post
Its been said plenty of times, but I REALLY want a beholder.

I see it as the mascot of D&D, and having one on a Heroscape board would be awesome.
I second that request, but sadly from what the Guru has told me it might be same time before they,(Wotc) bring out the big guns like a beholder.
What's a beholder?

Also, to answer some others on here, I hope there are no more Drow in HS. Ever. I'm not an RA Salvatore fan, I don't play DnD other than a CRPG here or there. To me the Drow are just some of the least attractive paints that have been released for this game to date.
Old May 2nd, 2010, 12:10 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by chispito View Post
Quote:
Quote:

I see it as the mascot of D&D, and having one on a Heroscape board would be awesome.
I second that request, but sadly from what the Guru has told me it might be same time before they,(Wotc) bring out the big guns like a beholder.
What's a beholder?

Also, to answer some others on here, I hope there are no more Drow in HS. Ever. I'm not an RA Salvatore fan, I don't play DnD other than a CRPG here or there. To me the Drow are just some of the least attractive paints that have been released for this game to date.

That's a Beholder...

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old May 4th, 2010, 10:07 AM

Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness

So, forgive me if the question has already been brought up, but wouldnt Warforged technicially be thematically linked to fantasy, since they are sentient constructs brought to life by magic, not science? It throws off Vydar's theme, only links by constructs, not by sci-fi.

Come check out The Essalim Collate, a content platform centered around worldbuilding and narrative design in gaming!
Old May 4th, 2010, 10:09 AM

Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chispito View Post
Quote:
Quote:

What's a beholder?

That's a Beholder...

I remember when I fought one of those on a D&D campaign with a couple friends. They hurt.

Come check out The Essalim Collate, a content platform centered around worldbuilding and narrative design in gaming!
Old May 4th, 2010, 11:13 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majora's Incarnation View Post
So, forgive me if the question has already been brought up, but wouldnt Warforged technicially be thematically linked to fantasy, since they are sentient constructs brought to life by magic, not science? It throws off Vydar's theme, only links by constructs, not by sci-fi.
Otonashi isn't exactly SciFi, but she's part of Vydar anyway (could make an argument for Sudema as well).

-insert signature here-
Old May 4th, 2010, 11:16 AM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Vydar needs new themes to fit in with the DnD crowd.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old May 4th, 2010, 11:18 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:
Otonashi isn't exactly SciFi, but she's part of Vydar anyway (could make an argument for Sudema as well).
Or Braxas or Dund or James Murphy.
Old May 4th, 2010, 12:00 PM

Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
I remember when I fought one of those on a D&D campaign with a couple friends. They hurt.
If I recall correctly, each eye-stalk gets to attack each turn, and each has a different magic ability (not to mention the big eye and the giant mouth of teeth). It would make the Hydra look like a warm up. I doubt they could convert something that powerful to 'Scape and still keep the "flavor" of the monster.

“Battle is a hard business, sister. Soft training will make for soft soldiers who will in turn become soft corpses.”
― Anthony Ryan, Blood Song
Old May 4th, 2010, 12:56 PM

Sokol knows what's in an order marker Sokol knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnylama View Post
Quote:
If I recall correctly, each eye-stalk gets to attack each turn, and each has a different magic ability (not to mention the big eye and the giant mouth of teeth). It would make the Hydra look like a warm up. I doubt they could convert something that powerful to 'Scape and still keep the "flavor" of the monster.
Without it tasting like chicken?

One Game to rule them all, One Game to find them,
One Game to bring them all and in their wallets bind them
In the Land of Valhalla where the Valkyrie lie.
Old May 4th, 2010, 03:28 PM

PHippo knows what's in an order marker PHippo knows what's in an order marker PHippo knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokol View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Without it tasting like chicken?
I can see it now: the McEyeball sandwich, grilled to perfection (available in test markets only, may cause illness and magical effects, do not eat if you are pregnant or have a heart condition) enjoy!

Sign the Declaration and bring back classic scape!
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=30056
Remember: Together we can make a difference
Old May 4th, 2010, 03:56 PM
Monster Manual Memorizer

Robotech Master has disabled reputation

Quote:
Quote:
Just do what they do in the DDM Skirmish game. Give it a single power called "Eye rays" or something like that, in which 4-5 individual rays and their effects are described, and say that you can select 2 to use per turn. So you could mix and match depending on the situation. A paralyzation ray that is a d20 and removes order markers; a fire ray that is 4 attack dice, an ice blast ray that attacks people adjacent to the target, telekinesis that moves enemy figures, etc.

I think a Beholder would need to be a unique hero though, considering all the stuff one could do.
Old May 4th, 2010, 04:59 PM

Acinonyx has disabled reputation

If they did a Beholder, one way to do the eye powers might be to give it say 9 dice like Q9, and you can mix and match them for attacks (up to 3?), or trade some for a special attack. Maybe have three specials like a Dund style paralysis, a D20 disintegrate and maybe a one turn mind control? Say each special costs 3 dice, and you could mix and match, so one attack might be a paralysis beam, two attacks of 2 and two attacks of 1, or a disintegrate, a mind control, and an attack of 3. I'd expect a Beholder to cost 160-200 and be pretty bad ass.

The D&D figure I most hope they use some day is the Ice Devil (#35 Blood War D&D Miniatures DDM). I'm not sure what it would be, but that sculpture is so sweet that I keep wanting to buy one even though I've never played the D&D mini's game. If it was a more insectoid color, maybe it could be on Aquilla's team.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News