Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

View Poll Results: What Should The DFW Wacky Summer Tourney Format BE?
Drafting 5 33.33%
Multi-Player Rotating MOPS 1 6.67%
Sideboard Increased Points Drafting 2 13.33%
Heat of Battle 1 6.67%
Elimination (everyone gets 1 vote to ban a unit from play) 3 20.00%
6. If We Were In Charge (Tough works against specials, Woo bonds with monks, etc.) 1 6.67%
The Whole Enchilada (combine as many of these ideas as possible) 2 13.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old April 30th, 2009, 05:35 PM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness
DFW Summer Tournament--Masses say Drafting! But When???

This year's DFW off-rule "wacky" tournament will be Drafting!
3-Pack Draft Tournament

Each player brings 3 points worth of figures.

MASTER SET = 3 POINTS (counts as the minimum required unique pack)

Rise of the Valkyrie Master Set & Swarm of the Marro Master Set

BIG FIGURE SET = 2 POINTS
(counts as the minimum required unique pack)
Orm's Return, Raknar's Vision, & Aquillas Alliance

BOOSTER SET = 1 POINT

Any booster set from wave 1 through 9.

ANY 4 FLAGBEARERS OR PROMO FIGURES = 1 POINT (counts as the minimum required unique pack)
Laglor, Ornak, Acolarh, Hatamoto Toro, Sir Gilbert, Nerak, Elite Onyx Vipers, Sir Hawthorne, Master Woo, or Agent Skahen

***YOU MUST INCLUDE AT LEAST ONE UNIQUE PACK!***

So a player could bring 3 boosters (1 + 1 + 1 = 3--as long as one of the boosters was a unique pack) or a big figure set and a booster (2 + 1 = 3) or a master set (3 = 3) or 2 booster sets and 4 Flagbearer/Promo Figures (1 + 1 + 1 = 3), etc.

In addition there will be 2 sets of terrain specific figures available for each map:

Obsidian Guards on maps with lava terrain
Dzu-Teh on maps with snow terrain
Marro Drudges on maps with swamp terrain
Fyorlag Spiders on maps with jungle trees
Dumutef Guards on maps with road tiles

For each match in the tournament, both player's cards are available for draft by either player for that game.

Players will follow Standard Drafting rules (Page 7 SOTM rule book):

1.) Both players roll the 20-sided die. Re-roll any ties. The higher roller drafts first by choosing one Army Card.
2.) The other player then chooses two Army Cards
3.) Each player, in turn, then chooses one Army Card, until both players' Armies have been completely chosen and placed

When an Army Card is selected take the figure(s) shown on the card and place them in your starting zone immediately; place figures as you draft them.
Armies drafted can not exceed 400 points.

Each individual game will begin as soon as both players complete their draft.

Players will have 1 hour to draft and complete their game.

Timed out games will be decided by fractional point scoring (a surviving Krav is worth 33 points, a rat 10 points, Raelin 80 points, etc.).

Players will be redrafting an army for each game.

The figuress you brought go with you to the next draft game/round.

Tournament will be run Swiss style with (at least) 4 rounds.

Marvel is not included.

Date and Time:
To be decided.
Options--June 20, June 27, July 11, July 18

To be decided.
Options--Madness Comics, Velenne's Favorite Public Library

What You Need to Bring:
Order markers, Wound Markers, Dice, and your Figures and possibly an entry fee depending on the decided location.

Maps:
To be decided.
Nominations welcome.
Map nominations need not be limited by sets/material, but should be tournament size (fit easily on a folding banquet table). Using untopped fortress walls is fine.
Maps will have set glyphs.

Attendees:
1. DrLivingston
2. rym

Doopa is Polish for awesome.

Last edited by DrLivingston; May 12th, 2009 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Rym made me.
Old April 30th, 2009, 06:46 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!
Re: DFW Wacky Summer Tournament

Another draft tourney or the elimination event would get my vote right now. Both of them resulting in people playing very fun army combinations. I guess I'll have to take some time to mull this one over.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old April 30th, 2009, 06:59 PM

AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby!

We could always call it the "Everything is Bigger and Better in Texas" Tournament. Wacky is, well, you know, wacky.

Or the "We don't need no stinking GenCon" tournament but that's just because I will probably never get to go.

AW88
/Likes the sideboard
/Hates the draft

Currently playing:
Dixit; Catan; Pastiche; and waiting for my copy of Critical Mass to arrive from Arcane Wonders!

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus!
Old April 30th, 2009, 10:08 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I like the MOPS idea, but I don't understand the spinning maps...

So, we play a different team each round, or what?

Old May 1st, 2009, 12:33 AM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness

MOPS would be like the North Texas Shoot Out(a multi-player kill 'em all), except on MOPS.

Each person gets a MOP.

Depending on the number of participants, you would play in groups of 3 or 4.

You would push your MOPS together to make one big map.

After each round you roll 6 dice because there are 6 sides on a MOP.

For each skull you would rotate the hexagonal MOP one "click" of 60 degrees.

An even result on the d20 would mean you rotate clockwise, an odd number means counter clockwise.

In practice this means that your Krav that had height and were at maximum range suddenly find themselves at low ground and adjacent to Grimnak.

Lots of fun!

I hope this helped...

Last edited by DrLivingston; May 1st, 2009 at 12:35 AM. Reason: Team? Where does it ever say "team" anywhere? Man, untie that pony tail and let your brain breathe!
Old May 1st, 2009, 04:59 AM

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Okay, thanks Doc, I get it. You would just rotate your portion of the map. I thought you meant we'd rotate positions around the table and play with someone else's army each round...

Last edited by CheddarLimbo; May 1st, 2009 at 05:00 AM. Reason: I keep the pony tail tight so it keeps my facial skin taut. I'm actually 78, and if I let my hair down everyone will know...
Old May 1st, 2009, 05:29 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Oh, how I've missed the witty banter lining the comment portion of people's edit responses. So Cheddar's 78, huh? No wonder you play so slow.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-

Last edited by rym; May 1st, 2009 at 05:30 PM. Reason: It's great to be back among the living again with a new computer up and running. <heaves a deep, contented sigh>
Old May 1st, 2009, 05:32 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Wow. Five votes. Five different picks. Good luck with that , DrL.

Old May 1st, 2009, 07:22 PM

I haven't voted yet...but it'll probably be for Draft or the MOPs. I like the draft idea the most because I enjoy the premise of partially picking someone else's army for them.

Old May 1st, 2009, 07:34 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

I voted Draft.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old May 2nd, 2009, 12:11 AM
Who Bummed Woo

Well, if we're throwing our secrets out there, I voted for Sidebar. I love playing the MoPs, but decided to vote for what I wanted to see if the MoPs idea isn't very favorable.

Last edited by rym; May 2nd, 2009 at 12:13 AM. Reason: Wait! Why the hell did R˙chean vote? We're doing this tournament for the non-GenConners.
Old May 2nd, 2009, 12:53 AM
Super Doopa

I'm pretty sure GenCon is n August and this will be late June/early July.

So R˙chean will be there.

I haven't decided what to vote, but I'm leaning towards elimination or the whole enchilada...

Last edited by DrLivingston; May 2nd, 2009 at 12:54 AM. Reason: Is rym wearing a pony tail now?
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events