Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old May 13th, 2009, 11:01 PM
Theme Nerd

badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness
The Invaders Custom Set-Agent Axis added

I didn't put this in my other thread since I wanted a separate thread to encourage feedback and since like all the other threads on the board lately, it about a themed set. In addition, someone asked about the remaining Invaders that did not have custom cards yet.

Anyway, below is my Invaders set. Note that I am using the official Captain America card, as well as someone else's Union Jack card. The others are my creations, though with inspiration from a few others on a couple of the cards (Namor and Bucky I believe) where I borrowed some language.

In general, I wanted to create a relatively low powered unit that had a lot of synergy with each other. I hope I have captured that.

As always, I am very open to rewording and especially costing.

OFFICAL Cap card of course:

Spoiler Alert!

Namor card, with concepts borrowed from Firemaster:

Spoiler Alert!

Spitfire:

Spoiler Alert!

Toro:
Spoiler Alert!

Bucky, with "Loyal to the End" borrowed from GreyOwl:

Spoiler Alert!

Human Torch. Nova-Burst is on many of the "torch-type" cards, so I have no idea where it started.

Spoiler Alert!

Garada's UJ card (I much prefer the comic art version):

Spoiler Alert!

Villains. Ideally, you are going to play these with squads of Nazi soldiers and/or squads of undead in the case of Baron Blood.

Master Man

Spoiler Alert!

Warrior Woman:

Spoiler Alert!

Baron Blood:

Spoiler Alert!

Wermacht Soldiers:

Spoiler Alert!

Invaders Team card:
Spoiler Alert!

Medic. Only marginally fits here, but if you are playing a full out military scenario with the Invaders, he can be useful. The only problem with him right now is that he is only usable on heroes. I couldn't come up with a good mechanic to do otherwise (that I was happy with).

Spoiler Alert!

Agent Axis. Time for another villain for the Invaders.
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by badgermaniac; May 1st, 2010 at 01:01 PM.
Old May 24th, 2009, 01:16 PM
Theme Nerd

badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Invaders Custom Set

Any quick feedback comments on the Invaders set would be awesome. I know the feedback has helped some of my other figs. Thanks.

Last edited by badgermaniac; May 25th, 2009 at 02:00 AM.
Old May 24th, 2009, 01:17 PM
Theme Nerd

Oh, and I do have updated cards, all with hitzones on them, though I won't bother posting them unless someone wants to see them.

When I submit these to the A-Z thread, I will submit the updated versions.
Old May 25th, 2009, 01:53 AM
Theme Nerd

And we have our first villian for the Invaders: Baron Blood.

(In general, it is going to be tough developing villians for them, since there are no Heroclix figures for most of their villians.)

Blood features some pretty typical vampire language and will have good synergy with the Wolves of Badru. I also wanted a very high life total to represent his ability to "keep on ticking".

As always, it is a total guess on point costing.

Old May 25th, 2009, 11:09 AM
Theme Nerd

Re: Invaders Custom Set (First Villian added)

And one more...Warrior Woman. No Clix available that I know of. Anyone have any suggestions for how to portray a 6-foot Nazi chick in S&M gear?

Old June 7th, 2009, 12:48 PM
Theme Nerd

Re: Invaders Custom Set (First TWO Villians added)

Updated with minor tweaks an all the cards. All the cards are now in the first post. Some of the images were just replaced, so you may need to refresh your browser.
Old June 7th, 2009, 07:42 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Warrior Woman is coming up as a red X for me.

Old June 7th, 2009, 08:40 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Invaders Custom Set (First Villian added)

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgermaniac View Post
And one more...Warrior Woman. No Clix available that I know of. Anyone have any suggestions for how to portray a 6-foot Nazi chick in S&M gear?

Hey Badger, not perfect but there are a few horror clix that you could try...

They're both called Razorvixen, one is the experienced piece and the other the veteran. Neither is perfect but either would work.
Old June 7th, 2009, 08:41 PM
Theme Nerd

Thanks for the horrorclix tip. They aren't exact, but workable.

To Hi, the latest post with the Warrior Woman pic no longer exists. It should be ok in the top post.
Old June 7th, 2009, 08:52 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

I look around at some Mage Knight pics, there might be an old piece in that set.
Old June 12th, 2009, 08:59 AM

Hypnoscape is surprisingly tart

There is one more Horrorclix you could try. A Dominatrix from the Nightmare Booster.

Check her out at
http://www.miniaturemarket.com/inc/sdetail/399702

Woohoo! First post and it's about a Dominatrix...

"You are getting sleepy....your eyes want to close....you feel the need to send me all your Heroscape...."
Old June 12th, 2009, 04:01 PM
Theme Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnoscape View Post
There is one more Horrorclix you could try. A Dominatrix from the Nightmare Booster.

Check her out at
http://www.miniaturemarket.com/inc/sdetail/399702

Woohoo! First post and it's about a Dominatrix...
Thanks...that is pretty close.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations