Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old May 1st, 2007, 03:03 PM
Second Highest Poster

happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness
How to Tell If She's "The One"

So I am getting married in 54 days. Pretty exciting stuff. Anyway, on Sunday she had her bridal shower and got all kinds of good stuff and she was really excited. One of those things was a gift card to target. Later that day I am in the car, and I get a call from her:
"Hey, I'm at Target and I'm looking at the Heroscape stuff and I see a couple packs I think you don't have, do you want them?"
"Um.... yes? Wait. Are you spending your gift card?"
"Yeah, well I feel bad for you because I got all this kitchen stuff and towels and things like that and that's not that exciting for you."
"I do actually use towels, you know. And the kitchen stuff sort of benefits me too considering how well you cook. And I shouldn't have to explain how the lingerie you got benefits me..."
"Shut up. Well, I'm getting them for you."
"Awesome. I love you so much."
"I love you too"

Later that day, I'm back at school (my last finals week EVER), and I said to my roommates, "You know, she buys me plastic zombies. If that's not love, I don't know what is."

So yay, I finally get some wave 6 stuff, and I also get to give you unmarried people a little bit of advice on choosing that special someone.

Looking for a way to get casual players involved in Heroscape? Do your opponents lack the interest or knowledge to build/draft their own armies? If so, check out Project 500!
Old May 1st, 2007, 03:08 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!
Niiiice.

I don't know if your fiance plays heroscape much, but mine doesn't. Since it is so rare every time I hear her say something like Heroes of Laur, or Zombies of Morindan, its totally awesome. And sexy.

I'm a nerd, aren't I?
Old May 1st, 2007, 03:47 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Enjoy your days of youth and rose colored glasses HJ. She certainly sounds like a keeper to me. Save this story in your mind and it will see you to your 50th anniversary and beyond.

Oh and yagyuninja...you are not only a nerd you are bordering on dork status. :P
Old May 1st, 2007, 03:50 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Congratulations in advance! I actually got married about 30 days ago myself to great girl of my own. I can't tell you how much it helps to have a partner who understands, encourages, and shares in your hobbies. Consider yourself extremely fortunate to have found someone who accepts you with your less popular interests in tow. It certainly makes it easier to spend quality time together without frustrating one or the other (this week we've spent several late nights playing the new Pokemon games together ). Good luck, and keep these sort of things close in mind so that you don't take them for granted.

And, like a proud parent forcing baby pictures down people's throat, here's a photo she took for me on our honeymoon:

Unfortunately, now she's just mad it didn't get a better response in the traveling Drake thread.
Old May 1st, 2007, 03:53 PM

GeekZap has disabled reputation
Haha, it would be easier for me to convince my wife to climb Everest than to get her to play a game of Heroscape with me.

She gets all mad when I come home from the store with an new load of 'scape stuff. But I love her anyway, even though she thinks I'm crazy!
Old May 1st, 2007, 04:12 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!
That is awesome, HJ.

54 days left? Wow... right around the corner!

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old May 1st, 2007, 04:18 PM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
Congratulations in advance! I actually got married about 30 days ago myself to great girl of my own. I can't tell you how much it helps to have a partner who understands, encourages, and shares in your hobbies. Consider yourself extremely fortunate to have found someone who accepts you with your less popular interests in tow. It certainly makes it easier to spend quality time together without frustrating one or the other (this week we've spent several late nights playing the new Pokemon games together ). Good luck, and keep these sort of things close in mind so that you don't take them for granted.

And, like a proud parent forcing baby pictures down people's throat, here's a photo she took for me on our honeymoon:

Unfortunately, now she's just mad it didn't get a better response in the traveling Drake thread.
Wow! You sure were excited on your wedding night. Please don't post any more phallic photos, 'kay?

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old May 1st, 2007, 04:20 PM

KalisLord is surprisingly tart
My girlfriend and I play heroscape quite a bit. Were not at the getting married point or anything, but it is nice. We only started dating a couple months ago, but we had been hanging out every weekend and playing heroscape for the 6 months prior to it. It has been a very pleasant relationship so far and I hope it keeps going that way. Congratulations happyjosiah.

"Dethklok has summoned a troll.

That's impossible there is no such thing as trolls.

Then how do you explain the dead unicorns..."
Old May 1st, 2007, 04:23 PM
Master Custom Creator

Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker
Re: How to Tell If She's "The One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyjosiah
"You know, she buys me plastic zombies. If that's not love, I don't know what is."
Exactly!

That would make a great signature line.
Old May 1st, 2007, 04:25 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Re: How to Tell If She's "The One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annerios
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyjosiah
"You know, she buys me plastic zombies. If that's not love, I don't know what is."
Exactly!

That would make a great signature line.
Done
Old May 1st, 2007, 04:37 PM

Phloid_and_D-Man has disabled reputation
Congrats, man. She sounds like a keeper.

I'm getting married in 60 days. Mine won't play Heroscape with me and has never bought me any either. She doesn't object to me buying figures quite often, though. What do you think? Should I hold out for wierd gamer chick?
Old May 1st, 2007, 04:42 PM

Phloid_and_D-Man has disabled reputation
OMG! I'M GETTING MARRIED IN 60 DAYS! WHAT THE HECK AM I THINKING! AM I CRAZY! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Sorry, that was just the realization that the day is so close. 60 days! Where did the time go? I'm sure I'll have a few more moments like that in the next two months. Nothing that getting some new Heroscape won't help to take my mind off. I'm better now.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion