Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old June 24th, 2008, 04:42 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun
The Book of Sir Dupuis

The Book of Sir Dupuis
Defenders of Kinsland - Collection 8 - "Heroes of the Molten Sea"

If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio: "Áve María, grátia pléna, Dóminus técum. Benedícta tu in muliéribus, et benedíctus frúctus véntris túi, Iésus..."
The prayer, spoken through a throat choked with sorrow, echoes off the walls and off the shelves and shelves of mildewed books and scrolls. The air is thick with the smell of dust and age. The room is alight with the glow of a hundred candles, dancing their slow flickering dance.
"...Sáncta María, Máter Déi, óra pro nóbis peccatóribus, nunc et in hóra mórtis nóstrae..."
The weeping man kneels, bare-chested, at the foot of a silver chalice, a holy relic. He recites his prayer of penance over and over, his voice shrinking to a hoarsely rasping whisper. His chest is marred with the long crooked lines of a vicious scar, running from neck to abdomen and shoulder to shoulder, the form of a cross.
"Áve María, grátia pléna, Dóminus técum. Benedícta tu in muliéribus, et benedíctus frúctus véntris túi, Iésus..."
He is haunted by her memory, by the sin of his childhood. His life he gives over in service of the Holy Christ, a payment for his sin... It is not enough, not nearly enough, but it is all he has to give.
"...Sáncta María, Máter Déi, óra pro nóbis peccatóribus, nunc et in hóra mórtis nóstrae. Amen."
Standing, the warrior slips his arms through his undershirt and pulls a suit of chained-mail on over his head. Over the mail, he dons a bright white tabard marked with a scarlet cross, the symbol of the knights templar. Carefully he takes up the relic and exits the small room through its only entryway. He stands squinting for a moment, giving his eyes time to adjust to the bright sunlight, and then begins to wade through the vast pile of bodies strewn about the courtyard. The bodies are those of the warriors slain at his hands and the hands of his knights, warriors who stood between him and the Chalice of Fortitude, unworthy heathens.
"Hail, Sir Dupuis! You have the chalice?"
Dupuis holds the chalice up, letting the sun glint of its polished surface and then tucks it away as he mounts up on his steed and rides off. His faithful knights follow after him. (Hasbro)

(photos courtesy of Truth )

-Rulings and Clarifications-
Q. TACTICAL DISENGAGEMENT 7 : Multiple Wounds
After Sir Dupuis is dealt multiple disengagement wounds from a single figure (such as a Knight of Weston, with his COWARD'S REWARD Special Power), does one successful roll of the d20 for Dupuis's TACTICAL DISENGAGEMENT 7 allow him to ignore both wounds just dealt, or must he roll again to escape the second wound?
A. Only one successful d20 roll is necessary to ignore any number of disengagement wounds from a single figure. If Sir Dupuis disengages from multiple figures in a single move, he will have to roll the d20 once for each figure, regardless of how many wounds would have been dealt.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received
- CONCAN THE KYRIE WARRIOR : Knight and Sentinel Enhancement
As a Knight, Sir Dupuis may benefit from Concan the Kyrie Warrior’s KNIGHT AND SENTINEL ENHANCEMENT attack and defense bonus.

- KNIGHTS OF WESTON
: Knight's Courage
As Knights, the Knights of Weston may aid Sir Dupuis with his Knight's Courage Attack Enhancement.

-
TEMPLAR CAVALRY : Knight's Courage
As Knights, the Templar Cavalry may aid Sir Dupuis with his Knight's Courage Attack Enhancement.

-
PHANTOM KNIGHTS :
Knight's Courage
As Knights, the Phantom Knights may aid Sir Dupuis with his Knight's Courage Attack Enhancement.
Synergy Benefits Offered
- 4th MASSACHUSETTS LINE : Valiant Army Defense Bonus
Having a Valiant personality, Sir Dupuis may aid the 4th Massachusetts Line with their VALIANT ARMY DEFENSE BONUS.
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Forums
Army Ideas?
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=18089
Impact of Wave 8 on HS?
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=18451

Power Ranking and Master Index
C+
Unit Strategy Review
- TBA

Last edited by Rÿchean; April 11th, 2015 at 03:26 PM. Reason: VC synergy added
Old June 24th, 2008, 10:30 PM

MalignantT is surprisingly tart
Re: The Book of Sir Dupuis

At an possible attack of 7, bonding with KoW, and eligible for bonuses with Sir Gilbert or Concan, I'ld say Dupuis is a serious ass kicker. His defense isn't all that hot, but considering he could stand toe to toe with Su-Bak-Na for stats when his back up is there (in either KoW or Templars), I think Dupuis will be a serious contender.

You don't just rush him out there at the start of the game unless you want to get him killed. Instead, you first get some KoW or Templars in position, then the next turn marker Rush him in to battle to deal the heavy damage, then finish off the target with KoW. It's not a one shot punch, but very few things actually are.

Even Q9 misses some shots. Sir Dupuis as an attack heavy hero will have a better shot inflicting some serious hurt on high life or high defense heroes.

Now I wouldn't just charge him straight in to Charos or Braxas, but between Dupuis and Denrick and the KoW bonding, they will tear either of those dragons up. And for what? Over half your army, yes, but at very low cost in life markers lost. Heck even Dupuis and 2 KoW would be 230. That's a small point edge over the Dragons, and, Poison Breath and Counterstrike included, still not a bad tit for tat in points usage

correction: OK, Dupuis doesn't get to take a turn before KoW, but still the strategy holds... Rush them in, with Denrick or Gibert, then use Dupuis as the hammer.

Last edited by MalignantT; June 24th, 2008 at 10:42 PM. Reason: correction
Old June 24th, 2008, 10:30 PM

Queenmojo knows what's in an order marker Queenmojo knows what's in an order marker

I wanted this guy to work so bad and had a solid army all set up for him with knights of weston and some other stuff. Well he did his 7 attack really well and tactical disengagement was nice, but it was still only one attack per turn...
Old June 27th, 2008, 10:33 PM

cosmosis knows what's in an order marker cosmosis knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody the Marro Stinger View Post
I got Wave 8, as a lot of you know, and when I picked up Sir Dupuis after opening the Hero pack, I realized that there is no way he can actually HIT ANYTHING with that dagger.
I mean, seriously. He already has his arm extended, and the dagger tip can't even reach past the horse. How the heck do you attack someone in front of you? I mean, I do know a fair bit about wars (especially the American Revolution), but I'm not that knowledgable in cavalry. Even so, wouldn't it make more sense to have Sir Dupuis have a sword or something that could reach past his horse so he could hit something in front of him?
Haha, yeah. I noticed that too. But that just goes to show how beast Sir Dupuis is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalignantT View Post
bonding with KoW

correction: OK, Dupuis doesn't get to take a turn before KoW, but still the strategy holds... Rush them in, with Denrick or Gibert, then use Dupuis as the hammer.
He doesn't bond with KoW or MacDirk Warriors, since he is a Human Knight not a Champion, but I think that's what you meant with the correction.

How about sending in KoW with Thogrim first and get position, then use a well-positioned Thogrim to give Sir Dupuis bonus defense, which is his only real weakness (other than a lack of range, but he makes up for it with 8 Move and Tactical Disengagement).

And who cares if Thogrim gets killed too early? Just stick his aura onto Sir Dupuis.

And now if you've got a teammate, have him fly around with Concan, who's a sweet deal of a figure for 80 points, since he affects FRIENDLY knights (& sentinels). Then have the Concan teammate just draft a bunc of clean-up units, or something.
Old June 27th, 2008, 10:50 PM

Einar Gen. knows what's in an order marker Einar Gen. knows what's in an order marker

Honestly, I just love this figure. My favorite from wave 8. 1 attack, yes, but you can do so much with it.
Old July 1st, 2008, 12:37 PM

Zedd Woo who?

I know there was a thread for this but I couldn't find it. The answer should be in this book anyway so here it goes.

Does Tactical Disengagement 7 mean that if Dupuis disengages from an enemy KoW and the knight gets 2 skulls he can dodge them, or does it mean if you disengage from multiple enemies they all role together and he can roll to dodge just once.

Thanks.
Old July 1st, 2008, 12:45 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedd View Post
Does Tactical Disengagement 7 mean that if Dupuis disengages from an enemy KoW and the knight gets 2 skulls he can dodge them, or does it mean if you disengage from multiple enemies they all role together and he can roll to dodge just once.
He has to roll separately for each disengagement, but a successful roll covers all wounds that would have been inflicted with the Tactical Disengagement 7 roll.
Old July 20th, 2008, 07:57 PM

Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It's pronounced doo-PWEE, just like the man after whom he was named.

I never lay awake at night wondering how to design an army that will help me win 40% of my games. -- Jexik

Do NOT click this link.
Old July 20th, 2008, 09:32 PM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Paladin, you can read up on the man Sir Dupuis is named after here.
Old July 22nd, 2008, 03:08 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einar Gen. View Post
Honestly, I just love this figure. My favorite from wave 8. 1 attack, yes, but you can do so much with it.

I would agree - best of Wave 8 crowd.

The four clear sight spaces for KoWs is generous.
Played on small-medium sized maps, Dupuis can nail the 6 -7 attack level very often.
Old July 22nd, 2008, 04:47 AM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Einar Gen. View Post

I would agree - best of Wave 8 crowd.

The four clear sight spaces for KoWs is generous.
Played on small-medium sized maps, Dupuis can nail the 6 -7 attack level very often.
Thats a very good point. I was playing him on Feylund Fountain [a map going to be used a GenCon, Damnation ally Style.] And found his extra attack happening almost every turn with the KoW! His powerful attack can really put a hurting on Q9.
Very cool figure!

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old July 22nd, 2008, 05:34 PM

manger has disabled reputation

That 3 defense is going to make all of you who love this character very frustrated. Breaking the knight/sentinal 4 defense trend was a mistake imo.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units