Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old November 9th, 2010, 10:38 PM
Online HS Seasons 5 & 9 Champion

Wanderer999 rolls all skulls baby! Wanderer999 rolls all skulls baby! Wanderer999 rolls all skulls baby! Wanderer999 rolls all skulls baby!
Werewolf Lord Trouble

I had a huge argument with a friend that eventually turned so ugly we stopped playing the match midway. He is a very good friend of mine, and Heroscape should be all about fun. So I am writing this here to seek for proper fairness from everyone, so that I know if he was at fault, or I was mistaken.

1) I drafted TWO werewolf lords - Is this legal? Because I saw that it is an uncommon unit, which means I can have more than one, only that they must be separated by card.

2) I camped one werewolf lord at the end of the battlefield while I used another to go forth and attempt to turn everyone out there into a Hybrid.

3) The werewolf that went out to fight managed to turn two heroes into Hybrids before dying. But whenever it is my OTHER werewolf lord's turn (who was still well and alive at the back, camping happily) I would still use the Moon powers and control those 2 Hybrid heroes accordingly.

The argument: Is this allowed? Is it considered cheating and is a loophole in the game? Or is it all along fine to use this strategy? My friend feels the rules here are broken and if the original werewolf were to die, then everything should end there, instead of the other werewolf lord being able to control the Hybrids still.

Please help enlighten us if this is truly a loophole or if it was meant to be played this way...
Old November 9th, 2010, 10:40 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!
Re: Werewolf Lord Trouble

Everything you did was perfectly legal.

Next time you have a dispute like this, check the unit's Book-it will usually have all the answers.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old November 9th, 2010, 10:41 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

You are completely correct.

'ed Dang Killjoy.

Guess I'm getting back into Scape
Old November 9th, 2010, 10:42 PM

Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer999 View Post
I had a huge argument with a friend that eventually turned so ugly we stopped playing the match midway. He is a very good friend of mine, and Heroscape should be all about fun. So I am writing this here to seek for proper fairness from everyone, so that I know if he was at fault, or I was mistaken.

1) I drafted TWO werewolf lords - Is this legal? Because I saw that it is an uncommon unit, which means I can have more than one, only that they must be separated by card.

2) I camped one werewolf lord at the end of the battlefield while I used another to go forth and attempt to turn everyone out there into a Hybrid.

3) The werewolf that went out to fight managed to turn two heroes into Hybrids before dying. But whenever it is my OTHER werewolf lord's turn (who was still well and alive at the back, camping happily) I would still use the Moon powers and control those 2 Hybrid heroes accordingly.

The argument: Is this allowed? Is it considered cheating and is a loophole in the game? Or is it all along fine to use this strategy? My friend feels the rules here are broken and if the original werewolf were to die, then everything should end there, instead of the other werewolf lord being able to control the Hybrids still.

Please help enlighten us if this is truly a loophole or if it was meant to be played this way...
1. You can have an army of 10 Werewolf Lords if you wanted. Although the point total would be pretty high, and losing would just be too easy.

2. Yes, using Moon Frenzy on a figure that a different WL infected is perfecty fine. Because it's still a Lycanthropy marker on the card.

And welcome to the site! ^_^ I'm sure you'll enjoy it here!
Old November 9th, 2010, 10:53 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Also, don't forget that once both of those Werewolf Lords of yours die, the Hybrid heroes are still that - hybrids. The changed stats are still changed.

Some people tend to forget that.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-

Last edited by rym; November 9th, 2010 at 11:53 PM.
Old November 9th, 2010, 11:06 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Next time you have a dispute, roll the 20-sider to see what to do. Later, check on HSers to see the actual rulings.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old November 16th, 2010, 10:48 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I do believe that you only get to control one of the hybrids each turn/order marker used by a Werewolf Lord. You get to choose which one of the hybrids on the battlefield to control each time.
Old November 16th, 2010, 10:57 PM

Leotheanimal87 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
I do believe that you only get to control one of the hybrids each turn/order marker used by a Werewolf Lord. You get to choose which one of the hybrids on the battlefield to control each time.

What he said. You did everything right. Just remember you can only control one at a time. Also the infected heroes remain hybrids till the end of the game

“Sometimes when you shout your wishes into the void, the void looks back and smiles” -HMK WELCOME BACK HEROSCAPE! I never stopped believing!
Old November 16th, 2010, 11:29 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

And at my house, when you use lycanthropy to take control of Braxas and put her in the hot lava death, she will roll a 19 and survive.

But your mileage may vary.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 16th, 2010, 11:31 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyScaper View Post
And at my house, when you use lycanthropy to take control of Braxas and put her in the hot lava death, she will roll a 19 and survive.

Your hot lava bath must be a tad cooler than mine. Braxas only survives on a 20 in my hot lava death.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old November 16th, 2010, 11:59 PM

Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rym View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyScaper View Post

Your hot lava bath must be a tad cooler than mine. Braxas only survives on a 20 in my hot lava death.
Really? My figures love their 17+ hot tub.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's