Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old December 30th, 2015, 02:03 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!
Re: X-Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Best expansion is the shuttles! I have 6 of them and absolutely love flying them. Though of course I took melee to the range fight back in the day so you may want to take that into consideration...
A shuttle with Palpatine and two Aces is a strong list, but it's tricky to fly (and you'll need to buy the Raider, which while expensive makes the TIE Advanced extremely good with it's included cards).

Eh, I much prefer the Fleet Officer, mini swarm. I've won a few tourneys with it.

Current list I like is:

OGP - Fleet Officer / Adv Sensors
Howlrunner
Chaser
Youngster - PtL
Epsilon Leader

Last 4 points are up in the air. Tact on the shuttle, Determination on Howl, Comm Relay on EL, Shield or Hull upgrade on Howl.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old December 30th, 2015, 10:44 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Sorry, I've been playing this game for a while yet that last post sounds like an Imperial code. OGP? PtL? Tact? EL?
Old December 30th, 2015, 03:59 PM

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Sorry, I've been playing this game for a while yet that last post sounds like an Imperial code. OGP? PtL? Tact? EL?
OGP - Omnicron Group Pilot
PtL - Push the Limit
Tact - Tactician
EL - Epsilon Leader

Old December 30th, 2015, 07:27 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Youngster - PtL

I've seen a lot of people get this wrong, so you know this isn't a combo, right?

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old December 30th, 2015, 09:07 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Hi guys, I hope that I can join this discussion, even though it might take me a while to catch up on the flow of the conversation (i.e. 31 previous pages). I didn't know that a Star Wars: X-Wing thread existed here on HeroScapers until our mutual friend @MegaSilver pointed me in the right direction.

I've been playing SW:X-W almost from the beginning, but never thought of discussing it with fellow 'Scapers, even though it was @mad_wookiee , @spidey Sox , @peteparkerh , and @tom that got me interested in trying it. I chat most often about this game on three FaceBook pages: "South Jersey/Philadelphia area X-Wing, Armada, and Imperial Assault Alliance," "South Jersey Gaming League," and "Nervana: Star wars X-Wing league." However FB always seems to suck the time right out of my clocks, leaving me to wonder where did the day go.

Anyway, Monday night ( 12/28 ) I stopped in at a FLGS 50 miles away from my home (where I used to get together with other "Wingers," to visit some old friends during the break between Xmas and NYE. Six months ago a new FLGS opened up much closer to my house, so I've been playing there 2 - 3 times a week instead. I was surprised to walk into an impromptu X-Wing tournament. Mondays are usually the casual SW:X-W game night at All The Kings Men, so I was prepared to play, but since they just ran a large 28 player tournament on Sunday, I didn't expect such a high level of competitiveness.

I decided to go with only two ships, because I had lost against this build several times during a recent six week league event at Nerdvana. They were:
Corran Horn in his E-Wing with R2D2, Push-The-Limits, Fire-Control-System, Proton Torpedoes and Auto-Thusters modification and Poe Dameron in his T-70 X-Wing with R5P9, Push The Limits, Engine Upgrade, Proton Torpedoes, and Weapons-Guidance. I won 2 out of the 3 games and came in 8th out of 18 participants. It was a very fun evening.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old December 30th, 2015, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Quote:
Youngster - PtL

I've seen a lot of people get this wrong, so you know this isn't a combo, right?
Ah, yes... Apparently nobody else I've played with has noticed either...
@NecroBlade thanks for the heads up. Gotta mini tourney Friday...

Old December 31st, 2015, 02:02 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

My cousin was working on a collection but most of his ships were broken and subsequently trashed. He has offered to give me his box of upgrade cards, tokens, dials, etc. I think it will also include the Millennium Falcon, an X-Wing, and a B-Wing.

As I mentioned previously I already have the Force Awakens core set.

With that in mind, this is what I'm looking at to get started, so to speak:
Original Core Set
Rebel Aces
Imperial Aces
Slave I
HWK
TIE Phantom

Down the road I plan to pick up a couple of Z-95s and maybe another Y-Wing. Even if I don't, this should get me a nice variety of ships for Rebel v. Imperial matches and set me up to have decent Scum squadrons when I lay my hands on Most Wanted.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old December 31st, 2015, 02:29 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Looks like a solid fleet Caps! You should have plenty of variety for matches, especially if you proxy upgrade cards.
Old December 31st, 2015, 10:19 AM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Down the road I plan to pick up a couple of Z-95s and maybe another Y-Wing. Even if I don't, this should get me a nice variety of ships for Rebel v. Imperial matches and set me up to have decent Scum squadrons when I lay my hands on Most Wanted.
That sounds like a great start and should give you plenty of options to try out as you discover what kinds of ships and tactics you prefer and enjoy. I find it similar to Heroscape in that when I find a ship I enjoy flying, I want to pick up a second or third and try flying a full build with mulitiples, just like I prefer themed, multiple squad with complementary unit(s) builds in scape. But just like scape, a build with single, complementary ships can be effective too, and at this point in the game there is a lot to experiment with.

I just found a Most Wanted set at Barnes & Noble last night. It was $40 but with my wife's educator discount it came in at $32, and since we don't know when it will restock and it was the last one on the shelf, I snagged it.
Old December 31st, 2015, 08:44 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johngee View Post

I decided to go with only two ships, because I had lost against this build several times during a recent six week league event at Nerdvana. They were:
Corran Horn in his E-Wing with R2D2, Push-The-Limits, Fire-Control-System, Proton Torpedoes and Auto-Thusters modification and Poe Dameron in his T-70 X-Wing with R5P9, Push The Limits, Engine Upgrade, Proton Torpedoes, and Weapons-Guidance. I won 2 out of the 3 games and came in 8th out of 18 participants. It was a very fun evening.
I see you did fairly well, but I'm curious - and I guess this question could be posed to anyone that flies Corran Horn - how often do you use his actual pilot ability? I profess not to flying him too much, but I'm not sure I even know how to truly utilize him to the best of his ability. Does the extra attack at the end of the attack phase (or where ever it actually occurs) truly mitigate losing your attack the next round? Logically, I'd say no, because I can't see giving up the attack, but maybe Corran's better than I realize?

I'm just really curious how you flew him, and how you knew when to activate his ability. Thanks.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old December 31st, 2015, 10:48 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I would use it in two scenarios (and their variants):
* when in a one-on-one dogfight where the enemy will be maneuvering out of reach in the next round and
* when in a one-on-one dogfight where Horn will be attempting to maneuver out of the enemy's firing arc the next round in such a way that he will also not have an angle on them, perhaps by boosting straight past them.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old January 1st, 2016, 12:09 AM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

That makes sense, thanks.

So it sounds like using it is more of a situational ability ��

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures