Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old October 26th, 2011, 06:48 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
The Book of Sandman (William Baker)

The Book of Sandman

C3G MARVEL WAVE 10
TERRIFYING TEAM-UPS

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Web of Spider-Man set.
Its model number and name are #055 / Sandman.

Character Bio - After a rough childhood with no dad and an alcoholic mom, William Baker turned to a life of bullying and crime. Adopting the name Flint Marko to attempt to cover some of his past misdeeds, William ended up getting arrested. When he was released he found out that his best friend Vic had been having an affair with his wife which caused him to go on a violent crime spree the ended with him gettin arrested again. He then broke out of prison and while hiding from the cops, he got caught in a nuclear blast. Rather than killing him, William's body was merged with the sand that he was laying on. Earning the name Sandman, William Baker returned to New York City for a crime spree. This drew the attention of Spider-Man who engaged Sandman in a fight. After losing their first battle, Spider-Man waited for the right time to attack Sandman again and defeated him. This angered Sandman, who joined up with Doctor Octopus to form the Sinister 6 with Kraven, Mysterio, Electro, and Vulture. Sandman would continue to face Spider-Man both on his own and as a member of the Sinister 6 over the years, but he also proved himself to be a worthy foe to the Fantastic 4 and Human Torch as one of the founding members of the Frightful Four with The Wizard, Medusa and Trapster.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

ImmunitiesBenefitsWeaknesses_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Card Updates:
21 November 2020 - Sandstorm wording update

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 11:15 PM. Reason: png
Old October 26th, 2011, 06:48 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Sandman (William Baker) - Design

NAME = SANDMAN
SECRET IDENTITY = WILLIAM BAKER

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CRIMINAL
PERSONALITY = VENGEFUL

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 210

SANDSTORM
Instead of his normal move, if Sandman did not start his turn on a water space, he may move up to 4 spaces with Sandstorm. When moving with Sandstorm, Sandman has the Flying special power and will not take any leaving engagement attacks. Sandman rolls 3 fewer attack dice on any turn that he uses Sandstorm. After moving with Sandstorm, roll one unblockable attack die against each figure Sandman passed over this turn, and Sandman cannot use his Immovable special power for the remainder of the round.

SAND CONSTRUCTION
Sandman rolls 2 fewer attack and defense dice while on a water space and 1 additional attack and defense die while on a sand space. After taking a turn with Sandman, if he is not on a water space, remove a Wound Marker from this card.

IMMOVABLE
Sandman may not be moved by any special power on an opponent's Army Card.

SUPER STRENGTH

Last edited by tcglkn; November 21st, 2020 at 06:03 PM.
Old October 26th, 2011, 06:54 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

I love this design, and the only thing I want to suggest right now is a bump in the Defense to match the Attack at 5. I feel at his best, 7/7 makes sense, at his worst, 3/3 makes sense, and most of the time, 5/5 makes sense.

Great stuff here. This is easily my favorite Tickle design.
Old October 26th, 2011, 07:03 PM
Tickle Pickle

I was just looking at the design again and wondering if he should get a bump to 5 life. Most people with healing like him have 5-6 life. I think the reason I have 4 life here was I was originally going for a weaker design with a resurrection type power.
Old October 26th, 2011, 07:11 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

I would definitely be fine either way on Life of 4 VS 5. I think most fans and members are gonna probably prefer 5, even though that will raise the cost.
Old October 26th, 2011, 07:15 PM
Tickle Pickle

I love how Spider-Man can take advantage of him but using his Web Slinger power to pull him into water.
Old October 26th, 2011, 07:18 PM

Definitely. For me though, I love how this writeup has EVERY SINGLE THING I would ever need/want my Sandman to do, neatly wrapped up in two special powers.
Old October 26th, 2011, 07:47 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

I also like the simplicity, but how is he healing on a shadow, ice, lava, asphalt, concrete, or road space? Even a swamp space seems a little odd.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old October 26th, 2011, 07:48 PM
Tickle Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
I also like the simplicity, but how is he healing on a shadow, ice, lava, asphalt, concrete, or road space? Even a swamp space seems a little odd.
Because he is simply reconstructing his body from the sand he is made of.
Old October 26th, 2011, 07:50 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Okay.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old October 26th, 2011, 08:30 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Very nice design Tickle

I agree that he should be 5 life and 5 defense for sure. The only thing that is missing power wise is an intangibility type power as he can let objects pass through him. However, with his defense and life bumped up to 5 each, I can certainly envision the intangibility as being part of his base stats. Thus blocking more attacks and living long enough to heal often enough will be like him going intangiblish in a sandman kind of way.

Another thing about needing a 5 defense and life. As Tickle mentioned, Spidey can Web Sling Sandman into water. That will lower his defense to 3 for being in water and then down to 1 from Web Slinger and then Spidey will have height for an attack of 5 vs. 1 defense. If Sandman had only 4 life and 4 defense that would be a much easier kill for Spidey and no fun. But at least 5/5 gives him a fighting chance.

Also, at least Sandman can bypass Spidey Senses to try to get a wound on Spidey with Sandstorm.

More maps are going to need sand tiles on them.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old October 26th, 2011, 08:49 PM
Tickle Pickle

I was considering giving him Density Control, but I felt like that would make him too good of a counter to the C3G Spider-Man.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library