Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old April 17th, 2007, 03:38 PM

ickleberry has disabled reputation
legion of the undead

im going to try and start an undead army, using 4 zombie units, 2 shades of bleakewood, morsbane, and, when they come out, the vampires

proud to be a scaper
Old April 17th, 2007, 03:43 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Re: legion of the undead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickleberry
im going to try and start an undead army, using 4 zombie units, 2 shades of bleakewood, morsbane, and, when they come out, the vampires
Swap Morsbane with Sudema and you've got a truly undead army.
Old April 17th, 2007, 04:00 PM
Resident Artist & Master Custom Creator

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker
Re: legion of the undead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickleberry

Good for you,

My mind is the Pink Zippo that sits on top of a pack of Camel Wides.
Old April 17th, 2007, 05:49 PM

ickleberry has disabled reputation
oh yea, whoops. meant sudema. sorry!

proud to be a scaper
Old April 18th, 2007, 08:40 AM

playa1 knows what's in an order marker playa1 knows what's in an order marker
I hope the Vampires fill some holes that the "undead" army has so far. When the zombies came out, I was excited at the prospect of mixing Sudema with other undead and I found it was very unsuccessful. They both are more effective against humanoid squad armies and are not effective against, hounds, dragons, and hero-based armies. While the shades might seem to provide some help here, there are too many armies (samauri, orc, and marro) that seem to kick undead butt.

Sudema works better with Minions or ranged figures right now.
Old April 18th, 2007, 08:56 AM
Bill Nigh the Psions Guy

Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
I like to use her with the Blasta/Glada combo. All that cyberclawing really helps to pin down pesky squads that Sudema can then just ZAP.

Looking for quality maps for 3+ players? Think your latest map-masterpiece deserves a place of honor? Join in the discussion of The War-zones of Valhalla

It doesn't get any more classic than this: The C3V project
Old April 18th, 2007, 09:21 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Sudema - 140
Deathreavers x3 - 120
Zombies of Morindan x3 - 180
Deadeye Dan - 60

Total = 500

Not really an "undead" army per se, but if definitely has a "Dead" theme. Rats tie up units for Sudema and Deadeye to pick them off. Bring up the Zombie swarm behind for the finish.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old April 18th, 2007, 10:08 AM

Sargent_Drake_8 has disabled reputation
Nice army! Now if only I had some wave6 and another squad of roborats...

Sarge is Torch...
aboard STARSHIP GAMMA...
Old April 18th, 2007, 12:45 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Heh, the advantage to getting into the game late and living in a place without many scapers is that i have a bunch of wave 5 and 6, but hardly any 1 and 2.... I would love some Knights of Weston, arrow gruts and minions.... (although i finally bought 2 squads of KoW online)

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old April 22nd, 2007, 07:39 AM

snikt-bamf Woo who?
Sudema - 140 (Mummy)
Shades of Bleakwood X1 - 100 (Ghosts)
Zombies of Morindan X3 - 180 (Zombies)
Anubian Wolves X1 - 75 (Werewolves)

TOTAL - 495

Not much synergy here but very thematic
Tie-up with the Zombies then blast them with Sudema
Second wave Wolves and send the Shades after any pesky heros

The vampires are on the way but we are still missing good ol' frank (maybe if we give Krug a crewcut and some neckbolts?)

If you are watching TV and put your feet up on a huge stack of 24-hex tiles, does it count as furniture?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion