Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old October 3rd, 2009, 11:02 AM

Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Heroscape Online using Virtualscape

Hi Scapers,

I'm back and I looking for someone which can help me to test Virtualscape Online.
What is Virtualscape Online ?
A new version of Virtualscape which is able to play online with some animations. This release is only a beta and doesn't use all the expert mode but all the beginner mode.
If you get some time for me (about 1 or 2 hours after download) and want test this release with me, send me a MP and I will send to you the URL and my MSN account to contact me in real time.
The goal is not to play a real game but to test if all the feature are OK. I hope you will like this release.

see you soon
Old October 3rd, 2009, 11:29 AM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Heroscape Online using Virtualscape

Do you need to be proficient in VirtualScape already to be an effective tester?

I'd love to help, but I've never even downloaded VS.

Old October 3rd, 2009, 11:41 AM

Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness

If you know Virtualscape it's better but if you already play to videogame like unreal or other and know how to move a 3D view with mouse and keyboard this is ok. If this is your case, send me a MP.
Old October 3rd, 2009, 08:55 PM

Takanuva has disabled reputation

I would LOVE to do this, but unfortunately my computer wont let me download. STUPID MAC!!!! STUPID MAC!!!!
Old October 3rd, 2009, 11:44 PM
Gluing The Mask On This Time...

Scapemaster rolls all skulls baby! Scapemaster rolls all skulls baby! Scapemaster rolls all skulls baby! Scapemaster rolls all skulls baby!

Ooh, sound great! I should be able to test it some time tomorrow or Monday.

~Those who live by the dice, die by the dice.
Old October 4th, 2009, 12:39 AM

DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zzzzz View Post
Hi Scapers,

I'm back and I looking for someone which can help me to test Virtualscape Online.
What is Virtualscape Online ?
A new version of Virtualscape which is able to play online with some animations. This release is only a beta and doesn't use all the expert mode but all the beginner mode.
If you get some time for me (about 1 or 2 hours after download) and want test this release with me, send me a MP and I will send to you the URL and my MSN account to contact me in real time.
The goal is not to play a real game but to test if all the feature are OK. I hope you will like this release.

see you soon
I thought this would never come! Glad to see you haven't stopped!
Old October 4th, 2009, 11:53 AM

LongHeroscaper has disabled reputation

Here is the first report on VirtualScape Online testing .

The game starts with the host person create a port and the client person join the game. They can communicate before the game starts, then the host will send the map to the client. From this point on, both players see the same map. Then they can choose army cards, and place figures on the board. Each time a figure is placed, the map will rotate one full round for you to see where the figure is. Launching attack, rolling attack dice and defense dice are easy and very intuitive. The number of sucess dice are place over the figure's head so you can see pretty clear. When the dice are roll, nice animation is showed for each skull-shield pair being exploded. If a figure is killed, you can remove it from the board, and it will explode in to dust . Anything you do will be reported in a box at the bottom. Next to it is a chat windows, so that both players can communicate while playing. You can rotate the map, zoom in and out, just like you can with VirtualScape. At this point, the game will not check the rule for you, meaning it will let you move the Tarn Vikings 8 hexes, or rolling 7 defense dice for the Krav, just like in a real game where you are the only one who makes yourself playing according to the rule. The program is overall nicely done. Great job Zzzzz!

Comments:
- The chat text at the beginning does not disappear when you hit Enter. I think it's an easy fix though, because the chat during the game works fine.
- I think there should be an option to stop animation, especially the map rotating after each figure placement (including after moving). I understand it is for you to see if a figure is placed behind a ruin or a tree, but I think it can slow the game down. An option is to leave a text, saying "Just moved here" or simply an arrow pointing downward, above the figure, in a similar way that you put attack and defense dice over a figure. That way, both players know roughly where the figure is placed. If they want to know precisely, they can rotate the map.
- There should be a "Cancel last action" button. If you accidentally move a figure too far, you can always correct it by moving it back, just like in a real game. But having a "Cancel" button will be appreciated . Same goes with accidentally rolling too many attack dice.
- We can not customize a figure yet, but I think it should, and will, be added. If I understand it correctly, Zzzzz only has figures up to Wave 1. If we want to play with figures from later Waves, we have to customize. A box with a name on top of it will do. If we can add texture to the box, it would be even better. If that is possible, I am sure there are people out there who will create customized figure-boxes for all of us to use.

Overall, I am very happy and grateful for what Zzzzz is doing. If this project becomes fruitful, which I believe it will, it will be another great contribution to the community. Imagine people everywhere can play Heroscape together now. People who have less access to the Heroscape local community can enjoy the game more. Thanks again, Zzzzz!

L...o....n......g.....H...e.....r....o.....S....c....a....p...e......r .....
Heroscape Brief Card for Beginners.
How to share your maps with the world.
VirtualScape 101.
My map thread.
Old October 4th, 2009, 12:00 PM

Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby!

I think it would be great, but I have one complaint. Can you make this, (and or the regular Virtualscape) Mac friendly? It is my one problem with these things.

Quote:
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
Old October 4th, 2009, 02:01 PM

nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby!

I'm just wondering, is everyone's in French? Do I have a problem or is not translated yet to English.

Want to Re-base Your DnD Figures? Click here.
Old October 4th, 2009, 02:56 PM

It's french and english but to get english you need to rename uk.dll to langue.dll
The version that I delivered to some of you permit only to join a game but not to create a game. So to play you must play with me because this is not a release, this is a alpha version only and I don't want delivering it at this step. Will be done later.
Old October 4th, 2009, 04:18 PM

nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zzzzz View Post
It's french and english but to get english you need to rename uk.dll to langue.dll
The version that I delivered to some of you permit only to join a game but not to create a game. So to play you must play with me because this is not a release, this is a alpha version only and I don't want delivering it at this step. Will be done later.
Ok thanks, I should be able to play sometime this week.

Want to Re-base Your DnD Figures? Click here.
Old October 4th, 2009, 04:21 PM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!

I would help, but I refuse to install MSN after it hosed my PC the last dozen times I used it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software