Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old March 17th, 2014, 08:44 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Mother Russia ~~ Design Phase

Yep. Good fix.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 17th, 2014, 11:48 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

C3G INITIAL PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Mother Russia

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
Pass

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
Pass

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
Pass

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit to powerful or too weak.
Pass

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
Pass

- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
Pass

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
Pass

- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
Pass

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
Pass

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
Pass

Heavy Hitter or Mid-Level Hero Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Pass

- What should be the unit's point value? 160?
- Give a brief overview. One on one she’s nothing too spectacular. Her headlock definitely helps, but her stats just doesn’t compare to a lot of other folks around that price range.
Map: Custom

Spoiler Alert!

Squad Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes

- What should be the unit's point value? 160
- Give a brief overview. Considering it was a tie, seems pretty balanced to me!
Units: Blood Demons
Spoiler Alert!

Squad Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? No

- What should be the unit's point value? ???
- Give a brief overview. Russia killed a thug, but failed when trying to hit anyone else.
Units: Street Thugs x2
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test

- What should be the unit's point value? Too much.
- Give a brief overview. Mother Russia literally slaughtered everyone but a single agent. Funny, but not so balanced.
Units: Mother Russia, Doc Ock, Lexcorp Security x2 (635)
Vs.
Nick Fury, Black Widow, Shield Spotter x1, Shield Agents x2 (635)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test

- What should be the unit's point value? Too much.
- Give a brief overview. Mother Russia literally slaughtered everyone but a single agent. Funny, but not so balanced.
Vs.
Nick Fury, Black Widow, Shield Spotter x1, Shield Agents x2 (635)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test

- What should be the unit's point value? 170?
- Give a brief overview. Definitely more balanced here. Without the attack boost she felt a lot more balanced, and it came down to the last wound.
Vs.
Captain Rogers, Fire Demons, Mentallo (635)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test

- What should be the unit's point value? 175?
- Give a brief overview. The Criminals kicked butt here, but it was mostly rotten luck on the Vigilantes side. They just couldn’t break through the Kryptonian armor. Mother Russia took out Damian, which allowed her to kill a cop and wound Kaine in one turn, but other than that she didn’t accomplish a whole lot. She definitely feels balanced here.
Units: Mother Russia, Lex Luthor Battlesuit, Tombstone, Lexcorp Security x3(1000)
Vs.
Batman II (Shurikens, Med Kit, Police Scanner), Batman (Dick, with Police Scanner and Shurikens), Scarlet Spider (Kaine), Robin (Damian), Catgirl, Beat Cops x3 (1000)
Spoiler Alert!

Old March 17th, 2014, 11:49 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Finished up! Her team keep coming out on top yet, but her herself feels much more balanced finally, so I'm fine with sending her out now. Here are the changes I made while testing, and I cleaned up the Headlock wording (Thanks TB, totally misunderstood SirG! ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
NAME = MOTHER RUSSIA

SECRET IDENTITY =
KATARINA DOMBROVSKI

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CRIMINAL
PERSONALITY = SADISTIC

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 175?

MAKESHIFT WEAPONRY
After Mother Russia destroys an adjacent opponent's figure, you may change the Range number on this Army Card to the Range number on the destroyed figure's Army Card for the remainder of Mother Russia's turn.

EFFICIENT KILLER
When Mother Russia destroys an opponent's figure with her normal attack, she may attack again. Mother Russia may continue attacking with her normal attack until she does not destroy a figure, to a maximum of 2 additional attacks.

HEADLOCK
If there is only 1 opponent's figure adjacent to Mother Russia, they must roll the 20-sided die before moving. If they roll 1-11, they may not move or attack this turn. Headlock may only be used against small or medium figures without the Superstrength special power.
Old March 18th, 2014, 09:52 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Mother Russia ~~ Initial Finished!

Out of curiosity, why the addition to Makeshift Weaponry? It really kills the reusability of a cool thematic power.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 18th, 2014, 11:48 AM
...has moist legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Out of curiosity, why the addition to Makeshift Weaponry? It really kills the reusability of a cool thematic power.
It's really powerful. Her with 6 range permanently definitely spikes up her cost considerably. Having to kill someone with range first really balances her out. And why does it kill the reusability at all?

More thematic, too. If she takes out Cyclops, how would she get 8 range permanently. For the turn, she just headlocks him and hits the button on the visor.
Old March 18th, 2014, 12:30 PM

It just means that no figure can ever use it unless they have multiple attacks on their own turn. It severely limits the reuse. I do have to agree with your point on theme, though! Good call. With no argument against that, I can't really argue the rest.

For playtesting, looking at the results I think it might be worth it to try her at 180-185 and see if she can live up to that.

Old March 18th, 2014, 12:39 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

No matter what you do with it, Makeshift Weaponry is going to be weird on theme somewhere. Right now, I find it weird that she would defeat Punisher, steal his gun, but only fire once. What about having the effect last until the end of the round instead of the turn?

Also, does the character thematically fit at the 175-185 point range? I;m not at all familiar with the Kick-Ass universe, but that seems a lot higher than the other characters. That's on the same level as Punisher and Daredevil, nearly Batman. I that a good spot for her?

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old March 18th, 2014, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
No matter what you do with it, Makeshift Weaponry is going to be weird on theme somewhere. Right now, I find it weird that she would defeat Punisher, steal his gun, but only fire once. What about having the effect last until the end of the round instead of the turn?
If she holds onto it for a long time, though, it stops feeling "makeshift."

I could be OK with the end of the round, though I don't like that you'd have to remember it and then remember to stop it. A bit more in-game accounting than I like. For the turn feels more elegant on that front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute
Also, does the character thematically fit at the 175-185 point range? I;m not at all familiar with the Kick-Ass universe, but that seems a lot higher than the other characters. That's on the same level as Punisher and Daredevil, nearly Batman. I that a good spot for her?
She's definitely the biggest bad@ss in that continuity. That said, Hit-Girl is probably #2 on that list, and Hit-Girl stands at 135. I'm not sure Mother Russia is a full 50 points tougher than Hit-Girl. She's definitely tougher, though. Closer to 155-165 would probably be ideal.

Old March 18th, 2014, 12:51 PM
...has moist legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post

That's what she usually seems to do. Grab whatever weapon's available, then toss it. Doesn't even have to be guns, she's resourceful.

(Warning, Violence and gore!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpsZi3d4UCk

But yeah, she's by far the most powerful in the KA universe. I thought her around 170, but I'm not sure I want to nerf her abilities any more to get her down that low. I'm fine with her being higher, she's a beast.
Old March 18th, 2014, 01:37 PM

I could really see her faring more poorly in the public tests too, because she's really not that tough on paper, IMO. Throw one heavy hitter with SS at her, and she's toast.

Old March 18th, 2014, 02:29 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I wouldn't want her above 180 and would probably prefer a bit lower. Mid-100s seems best to me.

I think that "until the end of the round" is a fair compromise and has some precedence for Makeshift Weaponry.
Old March 18th, 2014, 03:11 PM
...has moist legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I think that "until the end of the round" is a fair compromise and has some precedence for Makeshift Weaponry.
Still too powerful, from my tests. Just for the turn means her placement matters, but for the whole round, she can kill someone, then grab height, and go on a slaughter with 6 dice easily.

Otherwise we could rename the power if you guys want that to reuse elsewhere.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library