Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape
C3G SuperScape A Place to gather C3G threads without interfering with other Marvel Customs creation

Old June 20th, 2018, 12:19 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: The C3G Cave - Hangout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
How about the ridiculous scene where they ride around on the knee caps of mountain giants?
Technically, those giants did actually exist in the book... in a single passage... buried deep... but yeah, that was silly filler.

Quote:
Or the wrongly named Azog coming back to life from beneath a sheet of ice?
I'm honestly just not enough of a Tolkien nerd to care about whether it's Bolg or Azog... I didn't mind what they did with Azog actually, he's hardly going to make a list of my favourite villains, but he did have a decently threatening presence.

Quote:
Or the chase scene in the goblin tunnels?
Yeah... that did have a little too much in the way of 'Platform game action'. I'm not going to defend the first film by saying it's flawless or there's nothing wrong with it, but it's a fun film with some great moments and which doesn't feel, to me at least, as though it drags... and as I said, it's worth watching for Riddles in the Dark alone. I feel like the good outweighs the bad. I can't say the same for the others.

Quote:
Or a sled pulled by rabbits???
Genuinely didn't bother me - I did actually appreciate some of the sillier moments in comparison with LotR, because The Hobbit was also a sillier book aimed at younger children. I feel like in the first film they mostly managed a decent balance between the sillier feel of the book and still making it feel like it belongs in the as the LotR trilogy. I know Radagast wasn't in the book, but he was, IMO, fun enough to watch and fit in with that somewhat sillier tone.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old June 20th, 2018, 03:06 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Just watch the animated version!

If only it was finished...Still waiting for part 2

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old June 20th, 2018, 03:18 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

You are thinking of LotR animated. There is a sort of sequel, Return of the King that picks up shortly after LotR, mainly skipping Shelob.

The Hobbit is complete and glorious. Smaug is amazing.
I used to have it recorded on cassette and would listen to just the audio of the movie.
Old June 20th, 2018, 03:49 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I bought the Hobbit cartoon movie for my daughter when she was little. Loved that movie as a kid and thought she would enjoy it too. Years later she told me that it gave her nightmares. She clearly got over it though as she's a huge Game of Thrones fan and enjoys lots of other fantasy stuff too.

As for the live action movies, I was just about to bring up the stupid orc busting up through the ice after he died bit but Porkins already mentioned it. That was by far the thing that bothered me the most. You'd have to be the Hulk to push off the bottom of a lake with enough force to propel yourself up through the water and burst through solid ice, then fly up into the air. That orc would have been lucky to even crack the ice enough to maybe pull himself up out of the water after a few more hits created a hole, and that when he was fully healthy and not beat to crap injured and exhausted. They were just walking on the ice in full battle gear, it wasn't thin.
Old June 20th, 2018, 04:10 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I bought the Hobbit cartoon movie for my daughter when she was little. Loved that movie as a kid and thought she would enjoy it too. Years later she told me that it gave her nightmares. She clearly got over it though as she's a huge Game of Thrones fan and enjoys lots of other fantasy stuff too.

As for the live action movies, I was just about to bring up the stupid orc busting up through the ice after he died bit but Porkins already mentioned it. That was by far the thing that bothered me the most. You'd have to be the Hulk to push off the bottom of a lake with enough force to propel yourself up through the water and burst through solid ice, then fly up into the air. That orc would have been lucky to even crack the ice enough to maybe pull himself up out of the water after a few more hits created a hole, and that when he was fully healthy and not beat to crap injured and exhausted. They were just walking on the ice in full battle gear, it wasn't thin.
I don't recall that - what film was it in?

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old June 20th, 2018, 04:16 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

The last one. The big final battle between dwarf and orc heroes.
Old June 20th, 2018, 04:21 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
The last one. The big final battle between dwarf and orc heroes.
Ah, that'd explain why I don't recognise - never actually sat through the last one, my family turned it off mid way!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old June 20th, 2018, 04:30 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

The nightmare thing is a common one YK. My friend's daughters were also afraid of Gollum.
Old June 22nd, 2018, 12:55 PM

Jodie Foster’s been missing from the screen for five years, but it appears her hiatus is over.That Hashtag Show is reporting that Foster is in talks to star in FX’s upcoming series “Y: The Last Man” based on the Brian K. Vaughan comic series of the same name. The series is set in a world where a mysterious plague has wiped out the world’s male chromosome.

It follows escape artist Yorick “Y” Brown who is the last surviving human with a Y chromosome and his Capuchin monkey sidekick, Ampersand, as they set out to get to the bottom of what happened. If cast, Foster would be playing Jennifer Brown, the mother of Y and Ohio congresswoman. Brown role in the government plays a key role in the series.
Old June 22nd, 2018, 09:51 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

I loved Silence of the Lambs, and Taxi Driver wasn't bad, so I wouldn't complain about more Jodie.

Incredibles 2 didn't disappoint! The tone of the film was spot on with the first, despite having been 14 years. The same witty humor and good morals existed, and I have to admit the villain was at least interesting. Good watch!

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old June 22nd, 2018, 10:05 PM

14 years? Wow, I just watched it for the first time a year or so ago.
Old June 25th, 2018, 04:14 PM

Superhero fatigue be damned, because comic book-related cinema is the hottest ticket in town, right now, and everyone wants to go to the show. It's been announced by Deadline Hollywood that Emma Dumont, who stars as Polaris in Fox's X-Men-based series, THE GIFTED, is poised to lead RAZOR, a film adaptation of the Everett Hartsoe comic of the same name. Set to direct the feature is Rob Cohen (XXX, THE HURRICANE HEIST), while THE CROW producer Jeff Most will produce alongside Grant Cramer (KILLER KLOWNS FROM OUTER SPACE), Anna Wang (SWITCH), Christopher Milburn (OUTCAST), and Philip Lee (CLOUD ATLAS).

When Dumont arrives on the scene of RAZOR, she'll lead the project as Nicole Mitchell, a young woman who, as a ten-year-old, witnesses her cop father’s murder by a gang of upwardly mobile crime figures who seek to thwart his investigation into their nefarious activities. The trauma lands her in a sanitarium for a decade in which time she develops a complex plan of revenge on the murderers.

In the comics, Nicole, looking to banish those who haunt the streets of Chinatown, becomes the deadly super-heroine Razor, named for her revealing suit that sports razors attached to her arms. The character has the potential to serve as a perfect vehicle for Cohen's directing prowess. After all, he did shoot the first installments for THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS and XXX franchises. With that in mind, one would expect RAZOR to be an over-the-top thrill ride packed with outlandish action and gritty drama amidst a stylish backdrop.

“Emma is a renaissance woman,” said director Cohen. “She’s a wonderful actress, a professional ballet dancer, and is currently getting her degree in Robotics Engineering. I have her training in Krav Maga and, believe me, there is nothing she can’t do.”

Producer Jeff Most also offered his thoughts on the project, which the team hopes will become a franchise barn burner. “Emma was born to play Razor. She is the embodiment of Everette Hartsoe’s comic character come to life. Emma naturally exudes the inner strength, acumen, athleticism, vulnerability, likability and street-wise intelligence that are the hallmarks of “Razor”. I couldn’t be more excited about finding the right actress in Emma to bring the character of Razor to life,” said Most.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape