Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old October 29th, 2018, 06:10 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Sam (Playtesting Phase)

Unless you roll worse.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old October 29th, 2018, 12:44 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Sam(95), Dracula(490), Brides of Dracula(110), Jason(175) (870) vs. Captain America(240), Ms. Marvel(350), Fandral(280) (870)
Cap 4/5 wounds

Sam(100), Pinhead(335), Freddy(175), Jason(175), Leatherface(95), Chucky(85) (965) vs. Star-Lord(250), Nebula(240), Gamora(310), Blob(165) (965)
Starlord 2/4, Nebula 4/6.

Sam(95), Judge Fire(195), Judge Fear(145), Judge Mortis(165) (600) vs. Nightwing(200), Raven(190), Starfire(210) (600)
Nightwing 1/4, Raven 3/5 & Starfire 3/5 wounds.

The first game the Vamps felt underwhelming but Dracula had some nice rolls to keep it close. Turning Ms. Marvel into Ms. Vampire evened things out.
Sam felt out of place as it was hard to keep him with the group.

The second game felt the closest despite the result. Terrible re-rolls for Sam and Jason missed six RA9 rolls on Nebula. I would get one skull for DoH, re-roll and get none.

The last game I thought the Undead would dominate as I Trapped Nightwing all alone and neutralized him. Unfortunately the Raven/Starfire combo was strong enough to mop the floor with the Dark Judges. Sam felt pretty useful in the loss.

All in all, no issues with Sam. He is a bit tough to use unless you can leave him in back just to help Pinhead and the re-rolls actually help.

I will try to get a completed report in tomorrow.

Pre-Yea at 95
Old October 29th, 2018, 03:44 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

I'm thinking he'll probably drop lower than 95 based on results thus far, unless some games come in with decent sized wins.

@100 = 1-2 (one of these losses was huge)
@95 = 0-2
@90 = 0-1

I'm thinking 85 feels more likely at this point.
• He's very vulnerable with his low defense and lack of defensive specials, and his high life is only going to last 2-3 attacks on average.
• His attack isn't that threatening.
• Each of his specials have requirements they must meet in order to work, and none of them guarantee great results.
1. TrT needs an initiative win.
2. HT has the secret identities on each side playing a factor, only used once per round, and does not guarantee a better result.
3. Jump Scare requires lack of clear sight on Sam when he begins his turn.

So it's not really surprising why he's less effective than we were estimating him to be. We can be cool with a lower point value(85 makes him interchangeable with Chucky in a 1,000 point Slasher army), or we can tweak something to make him have a little more oomph, such as stripping some requirements or bumping his attack back to 4 to get him back up to 100.
Old October 29th, 2018, 03:47 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Sam @100 points

Army Test
Map: Conflict Chernobyl
Units: Sam, Frankenstein, Living Mummy, Judge Mortis (785) vs Star-Lord, Meteorite, Hawkgirl, Hawkmen of Thanagar x1 (785)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Conflict Chernobyl
Units: Sam, Jason Voorhees, Dagger, Zombie (500) vs Luke Cage, Ken, Swordsman (500)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Feels fun - provides a solid boost to horror stuff, and the secret identity hook also lets you integrate him with other kinds of builds. He can be a decent attacker in the right situation as well - I imagine he'd be fun to play with Pinhead, but I wanted to stick to smaller match-ups that I could knock out quickly here.
Old October 29th, 2018, 04:34 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I was starting to think 85 as an alternate to Chucky was a good idea, but those last two tests look pretty good with him at 100. Does he need to end in a '5' for some reason or would 90 work?
Old October 29th, 2018, 05:20 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

He can end in whatever we want. Doesn't have to be a 5.

Here's the updated results:

@100 = 2-3 (one of these losses was huge)
@95 = 0-2
@90 = 0-1

Overall: 2-6
Old October 29th, 2018, 05:45 PM

I added the figure tutorial. So if we want to close this one out, now that we have a good degree of tests and armies covered, it's really down to what we want to settle on points wise.
@Ronin @Tornado @johnny139
Old October 29th, 2018, 06:02 PM

No concerns at 85+.
Chucky is better.
Old October 29th, 2018, 06:30 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Personally I like him at 95 based on those results. Different price point than Chucky but not too far off, more expensive because of his passive abilities. I'm pretty conservative with costs overall, but this guy has a lot of powers that get my "competitive guys furrow their brows" senses tingling.

I think most of our current Heroes will be happy with that price point, and I'll tag @japes to make sure he's in the loop here. Would love some Pre-Yeas and I'll propose at 95 later tonight unless we have objections.

I'll also ping @dok and see how he feels about the current draft. I think we resolved his concerns, want to make sure!

Oh, and awesome mod Arkham! I won't lie, seeing the finished product is the real highlight for me. Definitely didn't disappoint!
Old October 29th, 2018, 06:36 PM

95 means he can swap places with Leatherface in a Pinhead led 1,000 point Slasher build. It's not horrible to have him underperforming for his cost I suppose. Just a bit concerning seeing him go 2-6.

I maintain that his many requirements on everything he does in combination with his vulnerability keeps him far more in check than some probably realize, but I'm not gonna make a big deal over 10 points. I will say though, it's worth pointing out that he hardly played much of a deciding factor in Ronin's win, as Ronin stated in the write-up. Yet he played a much bigger role in the 2nd game, which they lost. His 2 wins have been pretty close, but his 6 losses have been by larger margins, and several were at the 95-90 point value.

Pre-Yea at 85-95 if everyone else is happy with it.
Old October 29th, 2018, 06:37 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Personally I like him at 95 based on those results. Different price point than Chucky but not too far off, more expensive because of his passive abilities. I'm pretty conservative with costs overall, but this guy has a lot of powers that get my "competitive guys furrow their brows" senses tingling.

I think most of our current Heroes will be happy with that price point, and I'll tag @japes to make sure he's in the loop here. Would love some Pre-Yeas and I'll propose at 95 later tonight unless we have objections.

I'll also ping @dok and see how he feels about the current draft. I think we resolved his concerns, want to make sure!

Oh, and awesome mod Arkham! I won't lie, seeing the finished product is the real highlight for me. Definitely didn't disappoint!
Because of the timeline i stated following along. I haven't commented much but I have been following. Ronin's test made me cautious of dropping a lot but if the price proposed is 95 I have no objections and I'd pre-yea

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old October 29th, 2018, 08:14 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Synergy:

Quote:
Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:
Whole new (giant) synergy category with the secret identities stuff. Very cool, but the documentation does take some doing.

Last edited by Ronin; October 29th, 2018 at 08:34 PM. Reason: wrong slasher links, event hero link

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library