Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old June 23rd, 2010, 01:00 PM

Ivellius knows what's in an order marker Ivellius knows what's in an order marker
Re: Warforged Soldiers Pre-Release Discussion Thread

I'm not sure Marcus is worth it if you can't bring his attack aura into play. Unfortunately, I wouldn't want to use one of the bonding squads because, as mentioned, you have the Warforged as your core, replacing them. The most attractive option to me seems the Marcus-AE-Warforged if you're bent on using Marcus. 4x Warforged, Marcus, and AE is 530, and you've got some really fast height-grabbing melee with a sniper's nest for clean-up/range.

I think most of the time I'd rather have the extra points for something else. Actually, I want someone to kill Braxas for me with this army (Krug?) and a way to pick off 'reavers. The Wyrmlings look like nice ranged special options for cheap. At 530 you could take 3x Red Wyrmlings and Krug plus the 4x Warforged. Drop a Red if you need to get it to 500. Actually, Sir Denrick might not be all that bad (though Braxas can gas him). Dwarves might be a decent option as well. 4x Warforged, 2x Axegrinders, and Darrak is 520.

Yeah, these guys are expensive, but they do look very self-sufficient. Biggest weakness is against those big heroes, it looks like.
Old June 23rd, 2010, 01:01 PM

D1 Winner is surprisingly tart

I think Air Elementals trump this power too. You couldn't switch with a figure adj. to the Air Element if you just moved into the vortex this turn.

I won a free Wave D1 from http://www.wargamersheadquarters.com/ !!!!
Old June 23rd, 2010, 01:05 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

I disagree. Your movement stops, but that doesn't mean you can't use other powers to move again in that turn. For example, Knights using Sir Gilbert's Jandar's Dispatch can get adjacent to the Air Elemental in one turn.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old June 23rd, 2010, 01:06 PM

D1 Winner is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
I disagree. Your movement stops, but that doesn't mean you can't use other powers to move again in that turn. For example, Knights using Sir Gilbert's Jandar's Dispatch can get adjacent to the Air Elemental in one turn.
Good point.

I won a free Wave D1 from http://www.wargamersheadquarters.com/ !!!!
Old June 23rd, 2010, 01:07 PM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1 Winner View Post
I think Air Elementals trump this power too. You couldn't switch with a figure adj. to the Air Element if you just moved into the vortex this turn.
Air elemental's card says you end your move there, but the switch is part of the attack phase. And the second part says you can't move through figures, but I don't think the warforged are "moving through", they are just "switching with".

I think you can do it.

Last edited by fomox; June 23rd, 2010 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Ninja'd by 2 minutes!
Old June 23rd, 2010, 01:10 PM

padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby!

At 500, I like:

Warforged x 3: 240
10th x 2: 150
Marcus: 100
Isamu: 10
Total: 500

The 10th are great against melee and with the warforged in your army, you're opponents ranged squads will not be too keen on taking high ground, which will allow the 10th to shoot them from above.

I think this army will do really well against most squadscape, but doesn't really have an answer for Q9.
Old June 23rd, 2010, 01:12 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by padlock View Post
At 500, I like:

Warforged x 3: 240
10th x 2: 150
Marcus: 100
Isamu: 10
Total: 500

The 10th are great against melee and with the warforged in your army, you're opponents ranged squads will not be too keen on taking high ground, which will allow the 10th to shoot them from above.

I think this army will do really well against most squadscape, but doesn't really have an answer for Q9.
I don't know - if Marcus can get adjacent to some 10th while the Warforged have Q9 tied down, I think the 10th can bring Q9 down.

These guys make the Gorillinators [more] horrible.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old June 23rd, 2010, 01:12 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by padlock View Post
I dunno. He only throws 3 dice at a time with his special. An auto-shield is pretty good against that.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old June 23rd, 2010, 01:15 PM
p-o'd exaderater

LeviofDoom is surprisingly tart

looking good! but at most i will only buy two packs... depending on the other packs, maybe none at all. i still like the wyrmling pack a little better

My 2011 tourney record: 7-7
My 2010 tourney record: 7-9
Old June 23rd, 2010, 01:15 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSparkleInYourWater View Post
Paint job still looks better than the original I think, they looked more like the Deathborg faction. The silver helps set them apart from looking too Utgar.
Anyone have a link(s) to the original paint jobs? I might touch up the blue with more of a Vydar grey/blue, but I'll have to see them in person to decide.
Right here: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=30861
Old June 23rd, 2010, 01:17 PM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
These guys make the Gorillinators [more] horrible.
You're making me cry...

(Just wait, soon the inexpensive gorillinator defense boosting hero will appear, and then they will have their revenge!)
Old June 23rd, 2010, 01:20 PM

Sokol knows what's in an order marker Sokol knows what's in an order marker

I like how Tactical Switch fits in so nicely with other Vydar special powers - it seems stealthy and spy-like.

One Game to rule them all, One Game to find them,
One Game to bring them all and in their wallets bind them
In the Land of Valhalla where the Valkyrie lie.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units