Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Old February 27th, 2015, 07:35 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Movies: What did You Watch Last Night?

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
So many of them are boring and linear and that kind on mental non-activity is too tedious for me to sit through. Even as a kid I thought a lot of kids entertainment was insultingly dumbed down. Big Hero 6 was not and I enjoyed it.
Have you never watched an original Pixar film?
Studio Ghibli, and some Dreamworks films also come to mind (along with other things, this doesn't even take into account TV shows).

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old February 27th, 2015, 07:37 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
So many of them are boring and linear and that kind on mental non-activity is too tedious for me to sit through. Even as a kid I thought a lot of kids entertainment was insultingly dumbed down. Big Hero 6 was not and I enjoyed it.
+1. Incredibles is a must see for Superhero fans.

I also recommend "Megamind" from DreamWorks. A lot going on in that movie on multiple levels.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old February 27th, 2015, 07:57 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

We are scheduled to watch Big Hero 6 tonight for our Friday Family Movie Tonight...glad to hear the good reviews.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old February 28th, 2015, 02:54 AM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
I'm 34 so not really. I saw Toy Story when it came out and thought it was dumb, but I was an angsty teen so it might have just been me. I saw Cars and it bothered me psychologically because I'm a mechanic and it was too surreal watching cars fix each other. When the Fiat put tires on the other car my brain flipped a breaker.
Old February 28th, 2015, 11:20 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old February 28th, 2015, 12:08 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm with Hogg. Pixar films are meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old February 28th, 2015, 12:08 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper Guy View Post
No, The Thing (the original)? It's perfect for when you're snowed in, and then you start wondering whether you're really stuck with people who say they are (wait, did I say that?).
I think you're thinking of the John Carpenter remake in the 80s with Kurt Russell.

~Aldin, who saw the remake before the original and was pretty disappointed in the original as a result (note - there's a re-remake from a decade ago which I think was supposed to be the prequel to the 80s remake but which I have yet to see)
I saw the original when I was very young, before the 80s one came out, so I wasn't disappointed in it. Though I liked the 80s one better.

Old March 1st, 2015, 02:53 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I saw Hot Tub Time Machine 2. It wasn't quite as good as the first one, and an event at the end of the movie kind of spoiled it for me, but otherwise it wasn't a bad movie.

Then I saw Spongebob. It was bascially a kid's movie, but entertaining.

Old March 1st, 2015, 10:22 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Last night I watched 2 Guns - Not bad, had it's moments.

Today I watched Lucy - Interesting and weird.

I also watched Fury - Awesome movie.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old March 3rd, 2015, 10:20 AM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Big Hero 6 - Saw this in the theaters and loved it. Gorgeous, funny, heartwarming, and it has a lot to say about the nature of grief and moving on which is not a topic a lot of movies delve into. My 9 yo and I had a great conversation after the movie about the parallels between Hiro's obsessions and the main antagonists and how their paths are similar yet also split at crucial points because of Hiro's support group.

A Million Ways to Die in the West - This was a lot funnier than it had any right to be. Very crude, and low brow but I had a great time and it was fun. Also had a catchy song about mustaches.

Chef - Jon Favreua strikes again with a terrific comedy/drama about a professional chef who looses his job after loosing his cool publicly with a food critic. He goes on a road trip with his son while they drive a food truck from Miami to Los Angeles and reconnect. It's a pretty touching story that hits a lot of beats about fatherhood, professional pride, creative intensity, doing what you love, forgiveness, adventure, and finding peace in the tiny tables and small back kitchens of the road. Great cast (Robert Downy Jr, Sophia Vegara, John Leguizamo, Dustin Hoffman, Oliver Platt, ScarJo), a killer soundtrack, and it will make you HUNGRY with all the terrific shots of simmering, grilling, crackling goodness.

Old March 3rd, 2015, 12:48 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I've instigated "Superhero Movie Mondays" in preparation for Avengers: Age of ULTRON in May. I'm trying to get through all the phase one Marvel movies, one per week, before the premiere. I started with Captain America: The First Avenger last week, and did Iron Man this week. They're both still as much fun as the first time I saw them!

Next week, The Incredible Hulk.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 3rd, 2015, 12:55 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Awesome Bats. "Make mine Marvel."

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies