Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old March 20th, 2008, 04:31 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
So I guess if it's 'Asbro then we should have the 'Eavy gruts also.

Do you pronounce the 'H' in Harqebus, as in Ashigari Harquebus. I kinda do both, just depends on the moment and mood I suppose.

I think that's what I want for my title to be: 'Eavy Grut!!

Cheers all

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old March 20th, 2008, 05:02 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Harquebus is interesting, since it is listed in most English dictionaries with the variant "arquebus."
Old March 20th, 2008, 05:18 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
I think more often than not, I do leave the H silent when pronouncing Harquebus. It just sounds better to me.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old March 20th, 2008, 07:07 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
Hakeem Olojuwan has insisted the Hakeem spelling or the Akeem spelling to the media after games based on how he felt about winning or losing.
Old March 21st, 2008, 03:53 PM

eric.dunfee Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rym
So I guess if it's 'Asbro then we should have the 'Eavy gruts also.

Do you pronounce the 'H' in Harqebus, as in Ashigari Harquebus. I kinda do both, just depends on the moment and mood I suppose.

I think that's what I want for my title to be: 'Eavy Grut!!

Cheers all
This brings up another point. Is Harqebus singular or plural? If it's singular what would plural be? Harqebai? Harqebusses?

Oh and Rev you live in the south, you should know! It IS 'umble not humble!
Old March 21st, 2008, 05:56 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
I certainly say "'umble."
Old March 21st, 2008, 07:16 PM

ewabbie knows what's in an order marker ewabbie knows what's in an order marker
Heavy Gruts would then become eavy Gruts which is beginning to sound like Warhammer armies.

Old March 21st, 2008, 11:15 PM
Web Wader

Fallen Templar is surprisingly tart
"A" because H is a consonance

"The fact is that a man who wants to act virtuously in every way necessarily comes to grief among so many who are not virtuous."- Niccolo Machiavelli

Old March 22nd, 2008, 08:57 AM

ewabbie knows what's in an order marker ewabbie knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nooblar
So sad that many of our members would never get the reference. Nice one, though!
Old March 22nd, 2008, 10:49 AM
Meesa sooo smilen to see'en yousa

Menchy is surprisingly tart
Re: "A" or "an" preceding "Hasbro?&

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer
I just had occasion to write, in the Battlefields of Valhalla thread, "an Hasbro rule." At first I had written "a Hasbro rule" ...
Should we also say "an Wizards of the Coast rule"?

"Somewhere over the rainbow, there's another rainbow." ~Tobias Funke, Arrested Development
Old March 23rd, 2008, 11:31 PM
Master Custom Creator

Euryon is surprisingly tart
So this is where all the bastardisations of Cockney are coming from. I think I'm about the closest thing you'll get to a real Cockney here - I was born just outside the Bow Bells, but come from the traditional part of town (East End London). The only people I've ever heard speaking like that come from movies where all children are orphaned chimney sweeps and women fly with umbrellas.

On my command, fix bayonets.
Old March 26th, 2008, 03:39 PM

Dread Pirate Fooflesnort knows what's in an order marker Dread Pirate Fooflesnort knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malechi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nooblar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjib
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer
I think we should all agree that the initial "h" in "Hasbro" is silent (like that in "hour" or "honor"). From now on, it is 'Asbro!
...and I think we should all agree that your new title should be 'Enry 'Iggins.

The rain in Spain stays mainly on the plain.
So sad that many of our members would never get the reference. Nice one, though!
I am pretty sure any member over the age of twelve not forced to wear a bicycle helmet 24/7 by their care provider should know those two references ...

Let's see someone admit they are ignorant of 'Enry 'Iggins now!
I'm ignorant of 'Enry 'Iggins.

GENERATION 26:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General