Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old December 30th, 2008, 11:43 AM

Khoram is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Noob Question

I've got a noob question I can't seem to find an answer to anywhere (maybe I'm dense or blind):

All of the rules say you can put more than 1 turn marker on a figure; I think I read in the official rules FAQ that you can even put all your markers on 1 unit. Does that mean that you can move and attack with the same unit more than once per round if you do so? Or do you have to have a special unit to do this? (I only have the master set so far so don't really know what other figure's special abilities might be).

Assuming this is so, let's say Player A has lost a bunch of units to Player B, and only has his 1 super-powerful unit left (say Grimnok or something). Player A can put all 3 turn markers on that 1 unit, and just rampage across the battlefield for this round? We've been playing that if you lose all your units but 1, for example, you're only taking 1 turn each round, if that makes sense. My wife is going to kill me if I find out we've been playing wrong
Old December 30th, 2008, 11:46 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khoram View Post
I've got a noob question I can't seem to find an answer to anywhere (maybe I'm dense or blind):

All of the rules say you can put more than 1 turn marker on a figure; I think I read in the official rules FAQ that you can even put all your markers on 1 unit. Does that mean that you can move and attack with the same unit more than once per round if you do so? Or do you have to have a special unit to do this? (I only have the master set so far so don't really know what other figure's special abilities might be).

Assuming this is so, let's say Player A has lost a bunch of units to Player B, and only has his 1 super-powerful unit left (say Grimnok or something). Player A can put all 3 turn markers on that 1 unit, and just rampage across the battlefield for this round? We've been playing that if you lose all your units but 1, for example, you're only taking 1 turn each round, if that makes sense. My wife is going to kill me if I find out we've been playing wrong
Yes, you can place all 3 order markers on one unit. If you do so, yes, you can take 3 turns with that unit that round.

However, it sounds as if you may be making a common mistake: taking all 3 turns at once.

A round goes like this (assuming 2 players):
Roll for initiative
Player winning initiative reveals order marker 1
>Move with the unit (if desired)
>Attack with the unit (if desired)
The other Playerreveals order marker 1

Player winning initiative reveals order marker 2
The other Player reveals order marker 2

Player winning initiative reveals order marker 3
The other Player reveals order marker 3

Then start over, rolling for initiative.

Last edited by Cavalier; December 30th, 2008 at 11:53 AM.
Old December 30th, 2008, 11:47 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Quote:
let's say Player A has lost a bunch of units to Player B, and only has his 1 super-powerful unit left (say Grimnok or something). Player A can put all 3 turn markers on that 1 unit, and just rampage across the battlefield for this round? We've been playing that if you lose all your units but 1, for example, you're only taking 1 turn each round, if that makes sense. My wife is going to kill me if I find out we've been playing wrong
You've been playing wrong; prepare for death by wife.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; December 30th, 2008 at 11:56 AM.
Old December 30th, 2008, 11:55 AM

Khoram is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Haha, yes, thanks for the answers!

We weren't taking all 3 turns per round at once; the problem was that we were only allowing 1 turn per round! Maybe that's why she lost both games we've played so far... (and man do I hate that Chomp ability... lost all my samurai and several vikings to that... *sniff*.. my precious samurai didn't even get to defend and counterattack once, and they were buffed with the +defense viking hero aura, too...)

She is going to kill me...

Oh one other noob question, if I may. What do the personality types mean? What I mean is, do they have any intrinsic meaning on their own, or is it solely for special abilities that apply to "all valiant units" or what have you?
Old December 30th, 2008, 12:07 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Oh one other noob question, if I may. What do the personality types mean? What I mean is, do they have any intrinsic meaning on their own, or is it solely for special abilities that apply to "all valiant units" or what have you?

Certain special abilities refer to personality types. These are: Valiant Army Defence(4th Line), Disciplined army Defence(Sacred Band), Relentless attack aura(Khosumet), Tricky Speed 4 and Attack the Wild(Otonashi). Those are all that I can think of off the top of my head.

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old December 30th, 2008, 12:12 PM

Bill Newby knows what's in an order marker Bill Newby knows what's in an order marker

Quote:

Since you only have the original master set you haven't seen any of the "specials" that relate to personality types. Later expansions add characters with special abilities that apply to specific personality types. For instance, certain figures will receive bonuses if all the other figures in the army are "valiant".

Read the "Books of ... " thread and you will quickly see what I mean.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's