Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old August 8th, 2012, 03:39 AM
You address C3G OMNIPOTENCE - tread carefully!

clembo2021 rolls all skulls baby! clembo2021 rolls all skulls baby! clembo2021 rolls all skulls baby! clembo2021 rolls all skulls baby! clembo2021 rolls all skulls baby!
Getting more value out of non-bonding heroes?

I consider myself a pretty good Heroscape player. In fact, if you could see my playtests you'd see I might be a bit overly obsessed with always playing to the maximum potential. I'm the kind of guy who always wants to "break" the game by finding a combo that was overlooked.

But the one area I consistently struggle in is with how to get value out of non-bonding heroes, especially heavy-hitters. I always try to maximize my terrain and battle when it's too my benefit. It just seems like there's no way for a lot of non-bonders to handle heavy bonding teams like X-Men, Fantastic 4, HYDRA, etc.. Of course if I have the PERFECT hero for the job I can make it happen (like Thor vs a heavy squad team), but that rarely happens.

Generally I feel like picking a hero like Wonder Man or Hercules is just a losing proposition, and if I want to beat someone who has a team with good synergy and bonding I have to pick another team with good synergy and bonding.

Agree, disagree? Tips?
Old August 8th, 2012, 07:33 AM

Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Getting more value out of non-bonding heroes?

The teams you described are tough to beat, but far from unbeatable. Hercules is one of my friend's favorite units because he's a bully. You can use him to harass any mid-level hero (almost everyone in a bonding army) and beat the snot out of them.

In my experience here's a list of figures that are very competitive without bonding. Some of them have bonding, but it isn't always needed. I'm sure there are others I haven't used, or used enough, but this is a good place to start IMO.

Hercules
Solomon Grundy
Flash
Darkseid
Green Arrow
Joker I
Puppet Master (map dependent)
Deadshot
Blob
Poison Ivy (map dependent)
Gambit
Iron Fist
Punisher
Deadpool
Magneto II
Old August 8th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

From my extremely limited C3G experience, an Avengers build with Captain America is pretty good. Stick multiattackers like Wolverine or Mister Zsasz with him and you are rockin'.
Old August 8th, 2012, 12:07 PM
Nom Nom Nom ...

Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

OM managers like Zemo, also help out a mish-mash team of HH. He's quickly becoming a favorite choice of mine.

C3G team building links.
Old August 8th, 2012, 01:35 PM

Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun

Good call on Cap with multi-attackers. Punisher is another great one for that build.

I printed off the Zemo card, but haven't tried him out yet.
Old August 8th, 2012, 05:11 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Punisher is sick, especially with Cap and AA. Hawkgirl and Hawkman with some Hawkmen as backup are vicious.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old August 8th, 2012, 07:17 PM

RedPower Woo who?

Another good group for Cap is the trio of Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and Wolverine. Luke's fighter synergy with Cap's boost is very nice.
Old August 9th, 2012, 08:09 AM

BigBadBruinsMac is surprisingly tart

If you draft Professor X it gives you the option of using either him or any other unique hero like, Superman for example

Awesome traders: theredfro, R˙chean, SuperflyTNT, Kaiyu, TheSparkleInYourWater
Old August 9th, 2012, 11:44 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I think the easy answers are Captain America, Baron Zemo, Martian Manhunter, Red Tornado, and Professor X.
Old August 9th, 2012, 05:28 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Yeah, I think the easy answers are Captain America, Baron Zemo, Martian Manhunter, Red Tornado, and Professor X.
Don't forget Hush! I'm actually working on two more that can help in this department as well at the moment.

Cap is nice for a lot of those heavy hitters, though. And a lot do just fine on their own if they have to.

Ooh, I've recently completed another one that's going to help some of the weaker non-synergied Unique Heroes out there. Unique Heroes without Super Strength love her.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 9th, 2012, 05:40 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I've got a couple on deck that are freaking awesome for helping non-synergy units in an army, and some that while can work in synergy armies, work well on their own too.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old August 9th, 2012, 03:14 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I forgot to mention this before but Zemo rules!
Hands down the best Public Design IMO. Game Changer.
Amazing LD by YK.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy