Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old September 3rd, 2022, 07:46 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Namor (A+X) (VOTE for Public Playtesting)

I do want to eliminate the LEA gimmick on Imperius Rex after playtesting him. I liked it in theory, but in execution it felt either easy to forget or unfair, depending on the situation.
Quote:
”IMPERIUS REX!”
Instead of moving normally with Namor, you may choose up to 1 figure engaged with Namor and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 14 or higher, move Namor up to 2 spaces. Then if you chose a figure, place it adjacent to Namor and inflict a wound on it. Figures moved with "Imperius Rex!" will not take leaving engagement attacks. After using “Imperius Rex!”, you may use it X additional times, where X is the number of Unique Heroes in your army that are destroyed or have at least 1 Wound Marker on their Army Card.
If anybody has an idea of how to word IR! more clearly, btw, I'm all ears.

I propose a VOTE for Public Playtesting.
Old September 3rd, 2022, 08:13 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

yea
Old September 3rd, 2022, 08:36 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Yea
Old September 3rd, 2022, 08:48 PM
Ninja Playtester

fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yea

My designs for C3G nomination
My current reward points
Old September 3rd, 2022, 10:19 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

yea
Old September 4th, 2022, 08:20 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

yea glad that part is getting cut. I wasn't a fan of the cheese of it.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 4th, 2022, 01:06 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Namor (A+X) (Public Playtesting)

This passes.
Old September 4th, 2022, 06:50 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Fwiw, after attempting to put some armies together, I think 280 is a better number to land on for army building? So if he's feeling a little weak atm, maybe lead with 280 for testing?
Old September 6th, 2022, 08:46 AM
Just A Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
Fwiw, after attempting to put some armies together, I think 280 is a better number to land on for army building? So if he's feeling a little weak atm, maybe lead with 280 for testing?
I can try 280 - can I ask what your thinking there is? It just that he pairs with Strange and potentially Reed?
Old September 6th, 2022, 10:43 AM

No preference other than to make sure we are landing on point values that offer army build options. When I was trying various point values, 280 seemed to lead to more results than 290, but we should probably break it down and see what the best options are for Namor, Reed, and Professor X.

If you're wanting him to be more on the Mutant side of things, of course that may change perspective on that front and a different number may make more sense in that case.
Old September 6th, 2022, 10:52 AM
Just A Head

280 would make him an easy pairing with Emma (220 points) which is nice, they were a ton of fun to play together and have strong thematic ties.

I’ll go for 280, updated.
Old September 19th, 2022, 02:54 AM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Namor
Version Tested:
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: City Park
Units:
Namor (280), Magneto (II) (375), Destiny (55), Mystique (II) (200), Black Tom Cassidy (160), Pyro (120), Skrull Infiltrator (10)
Cap (I) (240, Iron Man MKIV (250), Luke Cage (190), Spider-Man (250), Wolverine (Avengers) (270)
Results:
Solid win for the Brotherhood. The Fighters were at a disadvantage early by Magneto throwing Luke Cage out of bonding range, and he and Namor ganging up on him with Auto-Wounds, with Luke destroyed by the end of Round 1. Similarly, the duo were able to bypass Cap and Spidey’s defenses as well. After Magneto and Namor fell, it was plausible that Wolverine could take the rest of the Brotherhood by himself, but he succumbed to the volley of attacks.

The sum of Magneto making Namor an Outcast, tossing opponents into engagement with Namor, setting up for Namor’s followup turn from Mystique, with Destiny boosting everyone’s rolls was a villainous combination.

Arrogant Avenger did influence my draft, as originally I would have brought Sabretooth (290) instead of Black Tom (160), Pyro (120) and Skrull Infiltrator x1 (10), but because Destiny needs an unrevealed OM to boost rolls, and rather than have Namor deny a Mystique turn, it was better to just have Destiny bond with Black Tom, so I would only lose her boost after revealing OM3 on her, and neither she nor Tom need the boost anyway. And Pyro benefits from her boost as well, whereas Sabretooth does not.
In the end though, 1 turn with Namor might be better than a bonded turn with Black Tom and Destiny, so can’t go wrong either way.

Namor was a real star, with much due to the high-synergy web. R4 was massive though, as losing initiative allowed Namor to engage and attack Cap for 4 wounds from a single hit, crippling Cap’s OM1 turn, and setting himself up to Imperius Rex both Cap and Spider-Man on Mystique's OM1.
Spoiler Alert!
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: City Park
Units:
Namor (280), Bizarro (II) (260), Spider-Man (Avengers) (280), Doctor Fate (II) (370), Spells (10)
Nightwing (200), Raven (190), Starfire (210), Arsenal (190), Tempest (210), Cyborg (200)
Results:
I was boneheaded, and did the opposite of my intended play.
The intention was to have Bizarro and Spider-Man soften everyone up and take a beating, send in Namor to take over once Bizarro fell, with Doctor Fate ensuring that I lost initiative for a double dose of Arrogant Avenger and Bizarro Am Number 1 + Avenging Team-Up, and helping Namor land successful Imperius Rex rolls until Fate comes in to clean up.
Instead, I basically fed Namor to the Titans, and he was destroyed R1T3.
I expected to lose after that, but Bizarro was tanking freakishly well, setting up Fate for cleanup, who came in with a miraculous Lightning Bolt that destroyed Nightwing right when I needed it.
The Namor team basically won because R2, R3, R5 and R6 were all rounds where I destroyed the figure with the Titans’ next Order Marker/s.
So despite Namor not factoring into the game much at all, the results are proof that the army works well, and would work even better when played correctly.
Should note that we later realized Arsenal missed many opportunities to use Cover Fire.
I would consider this game extremely close, and could easily have gone the other way.
Spoiler Alert!
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY:
So cool when a figure can inspire interesting drafts via unique mechanics, like Arrogant Avenger did in the Doctor Fate/Bizarro build. Both test armies are ones I will play again, and I can’t wait to try him in the Illuminati, with other Mutant leaders, and with fellow sea folk.

Balance wise, he seems well costed. Not overpowering, and not as straightforward as Wolverine (I) (280), but he maximizes easily in thematic builds, and pays off. He’ll be a great early pull in tourneys and leagues because of all the directions you can go with him.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT:
He rules!

Last edited by toyhandle; September 19th, 2022 at 08:27 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library