Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old February 13th, 2011, 04:52 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaemon Awa 123 View Post
Had a disagreement with my brother earlier today... if the Wyvern is destroyed by Molten Lave tiles, can I still place the figure he talon grabbed in the Molten Lava?
Considering that the Molten Lava happens after a move is made, as is placing the figure, that you would still place the figure onto the adjacent lava tile.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old February 13th, 2011, 07:09 PM
Ninja Dust

Does NIB stand for not in box or new in box? I am confused
Old February 13th, 2011, 07:21 PM

starflier23 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

We are struggling with a rule clarification regarding special abilities. We are at the END of a game. I am using Ornak to modify my roles (allowing me to utilize Utgar Valkyrie dice and count Utgar symbols rolled as additional skulls). My son is utilizing Iron Golem and believes his Iron Tough should add 2 shields to whatever is rolled as using Valkyrie dice is a "Special Attack." My interpretation of the rules is that I am using a "Modified Attack," not a "Special Attack." Can you help us with this?
Old February 13th, 2011, 07:27 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by starflier23 View Post
We are struggling with a rule clarification regarding special abilities. We are at the END of a game. I am using Ornak to modify my roles (allowing me to utilize Utgar Valkyrie dice and count Utgar symbols rolled as additional skulls). My son is utilizing Iron Golem and believes his Iron Tough should add 2 shields to whatever is rolled as using Valkyrie dice is a "Special Attack." My interpretation of the rules is that I am using a "Modified Attack," not a "Special Attack." Can you help us with this?
Ornack uses a special Ability, it is not a special attack. You are correct. Special attacks always say, Special Attack.

Guess I'm getting back into Scape
Old February 13th, 2011, 07:31 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Dust View Post
Does NIB stand for not in box or new in box? I am confused
NIB=new in box.

Old February 14th, 2011, 10:09 AM

Dwarvenwarrior123 is surprisingly tart

Yesterday I got MQ9 and Braxas off of eBay but they did not come with cards. So I was looking through the tournament rules and said that you can use a repainted knight/Swog rider repainted as there counterparts and print off the cards. I was wondering whether I could print off there cards and use them in a tournament. Thanks

Old February 14th, 2011, 10:11 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yes, it's perfectly fine to use reprinted cards.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old February 14th, 2011, 10:25 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
Yes, it's perfectly fine to use reprinted cards.
....as long as the tournament director is OK with it, though I can't imagine them not being OK with it.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old February 14th, 2011, 10:49 AM

lxnrhinners has disabled reputation

So what's this business I hear about attacking your own figures??? I always thought this was forbidden. However, putting a high-defense unit as the center of a splash ranged attack, or powering up Krug before he hits the battlefield, suddenly come into my mind as viable strategies.

~LX

~ If we knew the meaning of life, life would have no meaning. ~
Old February 14th, 2011, 10:53 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwarvenwarrior123 View Post
Yesterday I got MQ9 and Braxas off of eBay but they did not come with cards. So I was looking through the tournament rules and said that you can use a repainted knight/Swog rider repainted as there counterparts and print off the cards. I was wondering whether I could print off there cards and use them in a tournament. Thanks
I read a post recently from a co-TD announcing that Sam Brown - an officially released HS unit - would be permitted at his event.

There are certain questions I do not think a tournament attendee needs to ask in advance. "Can I use a home printed card" and "May I use Sam Brown" are two of them.

The card itself is not part of the game, it's just a source for necessary information and a place for your OM. We use home printed cards sometimes (Zelrig) at tournaments and have never asked in advance.

I wouldn't worry about it one bit.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 14th, 2011, 10:53 AM
Scenariographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxnrhinners View Post
So what's this business I hear about attacking your own figures??? I always thought this was forbidden. However, putting a high-defense unit as the center of a splash ranged attack, or powering up Krug before he hits the battlefield, suddenly come into my mind as viable strategies.

~LX
You can target your own figures, but figures cannot target themselves.

Old February 14th, 2011, 10:54 AM
Except when I need the move boost

I Hate Atlaga knows what's in an order marker I Hate Atlaga knows what's in an order marker I Hate Atlaga knows what's in an order marker

However, they can be affected by your own attacks, e.g Moltenclaw's special or Mimring's. (They can't be the initial target)

Ninja'd

I Hate Atlaga is the Roman Legionnaire...
in THE CLOCK TOWER

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's