Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape
Heroes of Star Wars Scape The place for all your Star Wars customs needs.

Old June 28th, 2015, 06:30 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The HoSS Question Dump

I too have been going the 9 to a page rectangle route, and then sliding them into SW themed card sleeves, although I still print on card stock. You can find mathguy's HoSS sheets here.
Old June 28th, 2015, 08:18 PM

DarthJak is surprisingly tart

no,no,no,
I can't/don't want print them myself
I just want someone to do it for me, I'll pay.
I know yodaking does great work.
that's the quality I'm looking for.
please help an ignorant, old 'Scaper

The Sith eye Valhalla with envy
Old June 28th, 2015, 10:35 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

I have 3 army cards that have a 'At the start of the game choice' My opponent has 2 army cards that say 'at the start of the game'

Who has to choose first? I assume this is a d20 situation, but do each of us roll once and the winner chooses all of their items, or do we roll 5 times (since there are 5 separate army cards) and go in the order of those rolls? OR does the person who places their army first have to choose first (I assume not, since that doesn't seem to be related to 'at the start of the game')

It is important too, because I want to choose a bounty based on who my opponent picks as his Cloud City Administrator, and he wants to choose his bounty based on which of my bounty hunters have his Administrator.
Old June 28th, 2015, 10:48 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Interesting situation. Here are options I would consider, choose one that both players will be happy with.

1. The player with 3 army cards chooses for one of them, then the player w/2 Army Cards chooses for one, then the first player chooses for a 2nd card, then the 2nd player chooses fro his/her 2nd card, then the first play chooses for their last card.

2. Each Player rolls the twenty sided die once, the lower roll goes first and chooses for all their cards followed by the higher roll choosing for all their cards.

3. Each Player rolls the d20 once, the lower roll chooses for one card, followed by the higher roll choosing for one card, then the lower roll chooses for a 2nd card, then the higher roll chooses for a 2nd card.

4. Roll the d20 once for each card in question. Each card chooses based on order of die roll starting with the lowest roll.
Old June 28th, 2015, 10:52 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

I think rolling a d20 for each "start of game" event is a good way to go about it. Then go from high-to-low, or low-to-high (whatever is agreed on before the rolls).

Alternatively and perhaps preferably, you could each choose start of game events secretly before simultaneously revealing. This is tough to do in an online environment without having to rely on your opponent's trustworthiness, but I think this way is the fairest.

Honestly, just do whatever system you both can agree on. An official rule would be nice though - hopefully some other HoSS members will chime in and we can vote on the official way to go about this.
Old June 28th, 2015, 10:58 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
I think rolling a d20 for each "start of game" event is a good way to go about it. Then go from high-to-low, or low-to-high (whatever is agreed on before the rolls).

Alternatively and perhaps preferably, you could each choose start of game events secretly before simultaneously revealing. This is tough to do in an online environment without having to rely on your opponent's trustworthiness, but I think this way is the fairest.

Honestly, just do whatever system you both can agree on. An official rule would be nice though - hopefully some other HoSS members will chime in and we can vote on the official way to go about this.
Well, this is more than just an HoSS issue. This applies to Heroscape in general, though HoSS does have quite a bit more start of game powers.
Old June 29th, 2015, 09:49 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

All heroscape rulebooks say that if two or more powers happen at the same time, you either figure it out between/among the other player(s) or you roll the d20.

MegaSilver and I had this same situation, we just rolled once for all of our "Start of game" powers, but I think rolling once for each would be more fair and adherent to the rules.
Old June 29th, 2015, 06:39 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

I'd probably roll once. Whoever wins the roll makes one "start of game" choice, then alternate.
Old June 29th, 2015, 09:25 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
I'd probably roll once. Whoever wins the roll makes one "start of game" choice, then alternate.
That could work too.
Old September 19th, 2015, 12:15 PM

Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby!

So, I've been reading up on HoSS quite a bit lately and doing some research on picking up models as cost efficiently as possible.

A question I have for some of you more experienced HoSS players: What is the suggested number of Squads/Uncommon Heros for the various important ones?

Do I need 20 Stormtroopers or 12? Do I need 6 Tuskens or 15? etc

Of course... 'need' can really be replaced with 'want' but you guys know how it is ; )
Old September 19th, 2015, 12:19 PM

Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby!

Sounds like a good thing to start a thread for (if the Council is okay with it).
See below

And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and you will receive eternal life."
But John came fifth, and won a toaster.
My Customs
Old September 19th, 2015, 12:26 PM

Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby!

For army building I like
Spoiler Alert!

For purchasing I use proxies a lot so you could use Stormtrooper figures for Snowtroopers, Death Star troopers etc. I also use jawas for Tusken Raiders. My Star Wars collection is pretty small so I also have to use classic figures as proxies a lot too.

And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and you will receive eternal life."
But John came fifth, and won a toaster.
My Customs

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape