Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old July 6th, 2010, 12:18 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: To anyone on the design team for Heroscape D2...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
As to reaction...we've seen other packaging errors in the past history of HeroScape marketing (although exactly what they were escapes my old mind at the moment).
Hot lava death
Wait...this was a packaging error? Where was this?
He means the VW set being a TRU exclusive.

MegaSilver
Old July 6th, 2010, 12:27 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

No, he means the packaging saying "hot lava death!" Which, as the OP notes, being part of the packaging I threw mine away without looking.

Welcome to the site Wzrd1!

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old July 6th, 2010, 01:15 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

BGG has the picture of the infamous Hot Lava Death tab that Hasbro ended up covering with a white sticker. I will have to go home and check my box that I kept to see if it has this.

There is also a video that explains it - go to 10:00 into it and you will hear the story behind it:

Last edited by lefton4ya; July 6th, 2010 at 01:40 PM.
Old July 6th, 2010, 02:00 PM

drewcula knows what's in an order marker drewcula knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
As to reaction...we've seen other packaging errors in the past history of HeroScape marketing (although exactly what they were escapes my old mind at the moment).
Hot lava death
Wait...this was a packaging error? Where was this?
If I remember correctly, "Hot Lava Death" was a little easter-egg graphic printed on the a discrete portion of the V.Wasteland packaging. I don't think it actually made it to the final printing, at least - not on the packages I bought.

"Hot Lava Death" has a further history, but I'll leave someone else to tell that tale.

Old time 'Scaper,
Old July 6th, 2010, 02:02 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Hot Java Death

Coffee mugs out there with this on it:

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; July 6th, 2010 at 02:05 PM. Reason: irrelevent...but it had me waxing nostalgic
Old July 6th, 2010, 02:11 PM

Wzrd1 is surprisingly tart

Sorry I wasn't around guys; had to clean up a heroscape course. Anyway, thanks a ton for all the welcomes and kind words. As stated before I wouldn't mind the error as I throw the packaging away regardless =P So, if it's too late to fix then no big deal right? Btw, I've been searching for a while but does anyone know where I can find a diagram of the original Rectangle that RoTV terrain was stacked in?

*edit* And yes, back when I bought my first VW, it had hot lava death
Old July 6th, 2010, 02:49 PM

Kroz knows what's in an order marker Kroz knows what's in an order marker

He called them dolls...ha ha ha ha ha ha.
Old July 6th, 2010, 02:58 PM

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wzrd1 View Post
Btw, I've been searching for a while but does anyone know where I can find a diagram of the original Rectangle that RoTV terrain was stacked in?
I uploaded to the gallery a month ago.
View here.

Oh, and welcome to the site as a user, BTW.
Old July 6th, 2010, 03:04 PM

Wzrd1 is surprisingly tart

Thanks a ton Lefton4ya, now I can fit all my master sets in one box
Old July 6th, 2010, 03:14 PM
Our Illustrious Winner?...

yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
Hot Java Death

Coffee mugs out there with this on it:

Old July 6th, 2010, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wzrd1 View Post
Thanks a ton Lefton4ya, now I can fit all my master sets in one box
Glad I could help. I do want to give credit to the creator of the images Craig Yack.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion