Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old November 16th, 2010, 12:36 AM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Ghost Rider. Chardar's Comic Customs.

Hardcore comic fans beware!

All customs in this thread are movie versions unless otherwise stated.

A big thanks to Greyowl for all the work he did making these templates. I think I spent longer looking through them than I did on the custom itself.

Ghost Rider.

This is the first custom I have made in a long time, so to say that I'm feeling rusty would be an understatement. I just recently got back into playing SuperHeroScape with my sister. C3G is amazing, but they're still missing some of my favorites, and Ghost Rider was needed. Now onto the unit itself.

I tried to embody everything I knew about Ghost Rider from the movie ( ), and wikipedia. I wanted a reckless unit, one that showed Johnny was not afraid to take a hit.

Penace Stare represents a battle of wills between the selected figure and Ghost Rider. The attack was selected with the logic that the higher attack a figure has the more pain it would have inflicted, which Ghost Rider could use against that figure. Ghost Rider has the advantage by rolling first, but if the figure resists then watch out. I also just realized that I forgot to add a once per turn clause. I'll fix that tomorrow, as I am much too tired to do any more editing.

Hellfire Burnout represents a fiery spiral, immolating all figures within it's range. Friend and foe alike. Mechanically this provides an answer to common squads.

Chance of Redemption was created for a purely mechanical purpose. I want Ghost Rider to be able to recover and go on another fiery rampage, so he needed a way to heal.

The stats are pretty self explanatory. Life and defense are high. Ghost Rider is tough. The attack is higher than Hellfire Burnout to provide a choice between the two. I don't want one to always overpower the other. I felt that the move should be higher than 5, the average, but I also didn't want to make it too easy to position Ghost Rider, so 6 seemed reasonable. I didn't give him superstrength because it didn't seem to fit a figure that was riding a motorcycle. However strong he may be, it's going to be hard to throw stuff around while riding.

The point total is a complete guess. I'm very rusty, and Ghost Rider is sort of dependent on the opponent to determine how deadly he is. Comparing him to Abomination, who I feel is similar with his stomp, slightly better mobility, high attack, but without the potential to kill himself.

I'm really excited to be making customs again, so any feedback I can get on this guy is immeasurably appreciated.

Scourge.

I'm not sure where to place this guy. Everything I know about him is from wikipedia, so it's not a movie version.

EDIT: Major increase in points. I'm not sure he's worth this much, but he's worth way more than 70.

Iron Monger.
I finally saw Iron Man over the weekend and I also got a pack of Golem and the Wrymlings. I thought Iron Monger was pretty cool, so I wanted to make a custom of him and there was the Iron Golem starting at me from my desk. I wanted a very basic, elegant suped up Iron Man. I'm pretty happy with how that turned out.

Last edited by Chardar; October 13th, 2011 at 11:29 PM.
Old November 16th, 2010, 06:47 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Iron Monger. Chardar's Comic Customs.

I fixed up some of the text sizes. I'm not really happy with the point cost. It always seems just too far to either side, but I'm having a lot of troubles making that work. No image fix yet, normally I like to take my pictures outdoors, but that's getting harder with the time change. I'll definitely have it done soon though.

Old November 16th, 2010, 06:49 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Nice custom. Very comic movie accurate, and definately liking his stats. But a repaint, really? I'd say go ahead and use him as a proxy, you painted him well, but you should at least put a real mini on the card.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old November 16th, 2010, 06:53 PM
On Fire like in NBA Jam!

Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by scapemage921 View Post
Nice custom. Very comic movie accurate, and definately liking his stats. But a repaint, really? I'd say go ahead and use him as a proxy, you painted him well, but you should at least put a real mini on the card.
A repaint isn't that bad. I for one, really like it.

Can you defeat a mind such as mine?
Riddler
Old November 16th, 2010, 06:55 PM

Quote:
It's not actually a repaint. Just terrible lighting. One of the reasons I'm so eager to get the image changed. I also didn't actually cut the sword off. That was done digitally.

Also I'm glad you like the pricing. I was basing him mostly off of Abomination. Similar threat range, although he can get to height better. Less life and move, but higher defense. I'm thinking he may be a little low, since he gets two attacks compared to Abom's one.

Old November 16th, 2010, 09:28 PM

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardar View Post
Quote:
It's not actually a repaint. Just terrible lighting. One of the reasons I'm so eager to get the image changed. I also didn't actually cut the sword off. That was done digitally.

Also I'm glad you like the pricing. I was basing him mostly off of Abomination. Similar threat range, although he can get to height better. Less life and move, but higher defense. I'm thinking he may be a little low, since he gets two attacks compared to Abom's one.
Yes, but Abombanation has an AoE (Area of effect) attack and Super Leap. Plus, you shouldn't base a custom off just one unit. try comparing 3-5 different units within the approximate point range to get the price right.

EDIT: If it's not a repaint, definately use a mini picture. you don't want people looking at the card and saying "Is that my Iron Golem?", you want them saying "Hey! That's Iron Monger!"

Old November 16th, 2010, 09:38 PM

320 is kind of hard to compare to. I was using Iron Man as a baseline for the entire custom. I had him at 300, then noticed the similarities to Abom and bumped him up to 320. Also he gets an area effect attack at five range and double attack. Really the only thing Abomination has on him is his two more life. Iron Monger gets 7 attack when attacking an adjacent figure. I'm thinking of bumping him up to 340, but I'm going to do some more through testing of him tomorrow, so I'm holding off on changing that.

Old November 17th, 2010, 06:15 PM

Updated the image. I like this pic and angle a lot better. He looks a lot more intimidating now.

Old November 17th, 2010, 06:29 PM

ScottManDeath knows what's in an order marker ScottManDeath knows what's in an order marker

How does Improved Weaponry interact with Scatter and Scurry when there are multiple adjacent Deathreavers or Goblin Cutters? The first Deathreaver/Goblin gets attacked by a normal, non-adjacent attack of the Iron Monger, then Scatter/Scurry triggers, which in turn causes some of the little critters to move away from the targetted figure. Will they be still effected by the attack?
Old November 17th, 2010, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottManDeath View Post
How does Improved Weaponry interact with Scatter and Scurry when there are multiple adjacent Deathreavers or Goblin Cutters? The first Deathreaver/Goblin gets attacked by a normal, non-adjacent attack of the Iron Monger, then Scatter/Scurry triggers, which in turn causes some of the little critters to move away from the targetted figure. Will they be still effected by the attack?
That's a very good question, and one that I don't have an answer to. I've been using it like explosion, but that's a special attack. Come to think about it every area attack is also a special attack. I could add in the line
"No special abilities can be activated until after the attack is resolved." but that is pretty clunky. If I have to I'll make it into a special attack, but I'd to avoid doing that if possible. Thoughts?

Old November 17th, 2010, 08:05 PM

ScottManDeath knows what's in an order marker ScottManDeath knows what's in an order marker

There is an order in which the attacks happen, at first on the targetted figure, and then in arbitrary order, as determined by the player who is attacking. Mimring has the order defined.

So when the targetted figures is getting attacked, it rolls defense, dies optionally, then Scatter/Scurry would trigger, and then the player looks for each adjacent figure, and attacks it, if there is one.

This can get weired though, if the rats scatter in and out of adjacency.

One knows though which spaces will be affected by the attack, so one could just say, all hexes are traversed in order (once), and a figure on each of those hexes is getting affected by the attack.

I think Scatter/Scurry trigger only on normal attacks, in order to avoid the rules baggage.

(I have a related problem, where my Farmers have a scatter like ability, that I'd like to trigger on normal and special attacks)
Old November 17th, 2010, 08:08 PM

That's better, but it still looks like a repaint. you don't even have to have an Iron Monger mini to make a card though. Just use a picture from the internet. I like this one:

Or you could even try comic movie art:

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations