Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

Old February 24th, 2007, 02:59 AM

ArgosCap has disabled reputation
September: Halo-Clix = Haloscape?

Okay, I know not everyone is going to be interested in this, but it completely blew my socks off.

In September, WizKids is producing a retail Clix game based on the popular video game, Halo!!! The first set will have 80 figures!!!!! It will also include the VEHICLES!!!

It is a shame that Hasbro didn't get to them first, because that license would be perfect for Heroscape. But we should really get to work on producing some custom stats for the all the figures, since they will be roughly the same scale as Heroscape!!!!

Check out this link for more info:

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazi.../003311193.cfm

I am super pumped about this!!!!!

Visit my new site, THE FREE UNIVERSE to explore the universe of public domain and freely licensed characters, settings and story concepts.
Old February 24th, 2007, 10:54 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Kinda old news. It's never had a thread, though, so I guess its OK.

Personally, I don't care. Never liked Halo, probably never will. If there was, say, a Timesplitterclix, I might care. Sadly, there probably never will be.
Old February 24th, 2007, 01:11 PM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
1. This is not Marvel.

2. Could an admin redirect and lock this one up? It's been done a few times before.

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old February 24th, 2007, 03:27 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139
Kinda old news. It's never had a thread, though, so I guess its OK.

Personally, I don't care. Never liked Halo, probably never will. If there was, say, a Timesplitterclix, I might care. Sadly, there probably never will be.
Isn't Heroscape essentially Timesplitterclix? I mean, they're both basically light stories that are merely an excuse to allow the developers to make a game in which ANY character design makes sense. When I first got Heroscape I thought, "this concept reminds me of Timesplitters". Really, Heroscape just needs a few units to catch up. Some mafia ducks, killer ginger bread men, and plague infected rabid monkeys (along with Ninja monkeys and cyborg monkeys... err wait...).

I have a total love hate relationship with Halo. The first game was half brilliant, half rushed and uninspired (everything starting with the Library is just old FPS junk). The multiplayer was just the old LAN experience finally given to console gamers and made easy. It was a lot of fun though. Halo 2 just rubbed me the wrong way. Dual wielding removed the two best features of the original (easy melee and grenade combat with firearms) and turned the game into another circle of death mess. The single player was pretty solid right up to the non-ending though. They're actually pretty good games, just SEVERELY overhyped.
Old February 24th, 2007, 03:36 PM

Sorry, I appologize. I didn't know this was old news. I had never heard it before, and I thought that people interested in licensed products would like to know, especially since "Video Games" is one of the most popular answers on the poll in the "Licensed Products" thread, and since I have heard numerous mentions for hope of a Halo expansion.

Feel free to move this or merge it with an existing thread or whatever. Sorry.

Visit my new site, THE FREE UNIVERSE to explore the universe of public domain and freely licensed characters, settings and story concepts.
Old February 24th, 2007, 03:38 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Frankly, I'm of the mind that nothing is truly off topic in the Marvel forums until the game is actually released. We can only answer so many "Crotch LOS" questions a day after all...
Old February 24th, 2007, 04:36 PM

ProSpecT is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninthdoc
1. This is not Marvel.

2. Could an admin redirect and lock this one up? It's been done a few times before.
why don't you leave this up to the admins, because I'm sure they don't need you directing them. Why does it matter so much, you don't have to open every single thread.

Haloscape would be cool, but since clix is making a set, then it will be a whole lot easier to make customs. I'm not an avid fan of the game but I got lost in it a time or two when both 1 and 2 came out. Even though I don't have an X box. I just wonder how a halo scape would work, seems like mostly a squad game, which isn't bad at all.

Old February 24th, 2007, 05:52 PM

Actually, I am not that big of a fan of Halo myself. I don't own X-Box, and I usually get my butt handed to me when I play against my friends. However, I have some cousins who LOVE the game. One of them in particular, has no interest in miniature games, and usually goes off to play Halo alone, while the rest of us play a tabletop game. So, if I could introduce Halo characters, I think he would go bananas and would definitely want to play. Part of the reason I am so into licensed characters is because I know they will draw more players in. I think the more familiar the characters are, the more chances I will have of getting freinds to play.

My brother only likes Heroscape because he can play "Braveheart" and the D&D type dragons.

Old February 25th, 2007, 01:55 PM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProSpecT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninthdoc
1. This is not Marvel.

why don't you leave this up to the admins, because I'm sure they don't need you directing them. Why does it matter so much, you don't have to open every single thread.
Why don't you close your questions with a question mark

It matters because this website is run on a database. Creating multiple threads that cover the same material will slow the site down.

If you will kindly go back and look at what I wrote, I didn't "direct" anyone. I asked a question. You may even notice that I closed my question with a question mark " " .

If you're looking to spar, please, let's take this to PM. I'd just as soon we didn't, though.

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion