Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old July 5th, 2007, 12:46 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly-Caco
You know what would be cool? Dice with blue tooth. So we can roll the dice manually while playing scape on Xbox, PS2 or other consoles. Is this cool or is this too lazy?

(Yes, I know the basic 'duh' reasons why Heroscape should not be a console game.)
Yeah, that would be great. How about a wireless dice tower with a little kicker device to toss the correct number of dice up and back down. It detects which way they fall and reports back to the program.

Seriously, I'm not really into the hobby/modeling aspect, so electronic Heroscape wouldn't take away anything I care about. Having real figures and dice is good, but I wouldn't spend a nickel on them if I couldn't/didn't play the game. Building boards is fun, but it's trash compared to playing the game. If going electronic gives me more time/opportunities to play good opponents, it can't come fast enough. Maybe it would be a good match for a hand-held system?
Old July 5th, 2007, 01:33 PM

HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker
The only way I'd want to play a Heroscape video game is if it were an adventure game or a RTS that focused on the story. If it was just me using a virtual hand to move around pieces and clicking "roll dice" then I'd be bored out of my skull.

A game that let me take over as one of the generals and fight in a RTS would be tight. A turn based system similar to Heroes of Might and Magic would be welcomed by me as well.
Old July 5th, 2007, 01:50 PM

Rajj is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSisforcoolkids
The only way I'd want to play a Heroscape video game is if it were an adventure game or a RTS that focused on the story. If it was just me using a virtual hand to move around pieces and clicking "roll dice" then I'd be bored out of my skull.
Just curious, how would a game that was exactly the same as the board game in every respect except for the fact it was on your computer "bore you out of your skull"?

Personally I wouldn't mind an online version due to lack of opponents. Only person I've played against is my 10 y/o son.
Old July 5th, 2007, 02:00 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajj
Quote:
Just curious, how would a game that was exactly the same as the board game in every respect except for the fact it was on your computer "bore you out of your skull"?
I'm curious about that too. The physical presence of the dice and game pieces is an absolute requirement? In the absence of those critical plastic bits, the gameplay is no good?
Old July 5th, 2007, 02:06 PM

Minnion has disabled reputation
Well it could be done as a computer game. But to separate itself from the board game counterpart they would probably do animated battle sequences for every possible fight(Win loose for each possible combination of attack)

"We are all mad here" ~Cheshire Cat

It is the domain of a geek to seek out meaning in that which seems trivial...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doWOd...elated&search=
Old July 5th, 2007, 02:18 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhight
Quote:
Quote:
I'm curious about that too. The physical presence of the dice and game pieces is an absolute requirement? In the absence of those critical plastic bits, the gameplay is no good?
It's the interaction that makes a game like this more than just moving plastic bits

On the console/PC, you lose that interaction
Old July 5th, 2007, 02:30 PM

Minnion has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhight
Quote:
Quote:
It's the interaction that makes a game like this more than just moving plastic bits

The difference between console and PC though is that with a console it is easier to get interaction(This was even more true before consoles had internet access)

Granted the nature of such interaction is different between a console/pc and the actual game...

"We are all mad here" ~Cheshire Cat

It is the domain of a geek to seek out meaning in that which seems trivial...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doWOd...elated&search=
Old July 5th, 2007, 02:31 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:

Which is why I don't play Magic online anymore, and I really don't like playing any other board games online either. I tried Ticket to Ride a few times, but its just not nearly as fun as playing in person.

That's why I play board games, to socialize and interact with other people, to get away from the computer every now and then.
Old July 5th, 2007, 07:59 PM

brickman1444 has disabled reputation
It would be cool if it was like marvel ultimate alliance where you could switch between different characters with different abilities.

6 x 9 = 42

Old July 5th, 2007, 10:19 PM

HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker
Like others have said, the reason I would be bored is because I would lose that personal interaction. The reason I love HS and a couple other board games is the bonding that goes on with friends and the possibility of making new friends.

It's a similar situation for me and video games. Playing online is OK, but I'd much rather play a four player game with my friends actually in the room to discuss the game and make fun of each other.
Old July 6th, 2007, 01:03 AM

tchop is surprisingly tart
You would have to position your figures after each move for line of sight purposes with a joystick/mouse, which would suck. Then again, the computer would straight up tell you if there was line of sight - none of that half hour rules lawyering would be nice. Since it would be based on real mathematical odds, you're probably a lot less likely to see a wash on 10 dice. And what about people who cheat by moving pieces when you're in the bathroom. If they can't cheat anymore, they probably won't want to play anymore.....buttholes.
Old July 6th, 2007, 01:21 AM
Web Wader

Fallen Templar is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit
Quote:

Which is why I don't play Magic online anymore, and I really don't like playing any other board games online either. I tried Ticket to Ride a few times, but its just not nearly as fun as playing in person.

That's why I play board games, to socialize and interact with other people, to get away from the computer every now and then.
nether socializes :P

"The fact is that a man who wants to act virtuously in every way necessarily comes to grief among so many who are not virtuous."- Niccolo Machiavelli

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion