Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old December 12th, 2008, 05:12 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Tournament Armies Played

I added my dad's armies to the list; I really didn't know people he played or his exact scores either (but I think I have them correct) on page 22.
Old December 27th, 2008, 10:31 PM
Likes the Look of Grungebob

KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby!

Just got back from a Unique only (Heros and Squads). 550 points, no glyphs.

I took 2nd place with:
Taelord
Rotv Raelin
Syvarris
Zetacron
Krav
Guilty

Close loss to Killercactus.

The only that could have changed was killing Major Q9 just a little faster, can't blame the dice, just should have done somethings different. These were corrected in later rounds. Had a good run and that's what matters.

That puts my record at 19-6 for a 76% win rate. This brought me back up 2%. Tournament in January, we'll see how it goes.

Last edited by KCU Master 2007; December 27th, 2008 at 11:17 PM.
Old December 27th, 2008, 11:05 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Updated my list with the results from today's tourney, and a win for Sonlen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus on Page 1 View Post
12/27/08 Alliance, OH (550 pts, no commons, Marvel or glyphs)
Major Q9, Raelin, Sonlen, Kaemon Awa, Isamu
Wins against greenless, KCU Master 2007, Brownsfan82 and Raudaulf Shieldcrusher
5-0

My total tournament record is now 41-14 for a 74.55% win rate, and although I'm proud of my 5-3 record vs. the Columbus Crew (those guys are good, except I'm 0-2 against Weesel99 - he seems to be my nemesis), I'm now 2-4 against the Western PA crew. That needs to be corrected.
EDIT: Removed a broken link - use the first page if you would like to see the battle reports.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Last edited by killercactus; December 27th, 2008 at 11:20 PM.
Old December 27th, 2008, 11:09 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Link is broken for me, Killercactus. Nice army!
Old December 27th, 2008, 11:20 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscape Elffy View Post
Link is broken for me, Killercactus. Nice army!
Oops - check page 1. I believe all of those links work. I added a link to each battle report for every tournament of mine.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old December 28th, 2008, 01:18 AM

legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby!

I just stumbled across this thread and thought I would throw my tourney army up.

GenCon '08 Dragon Wars
Nilfheim 185
Cyprien 150
Guilty 30
Rats x2 80

Went 3-1 lost the final round to (I think) caravaggio. (Not sure who anyone else I played was.)

NHSD '11-Peoria
Faction Wars
Nilfheim 185
Eldgrim 30
KoWs x4 280

Went 4-1, losing only to Boromir 96, who finished 2nd.

New Total 7-3

Last edited by legoboy; January 16th, 2012 at 05:05 PM.
Old December 28th, 2008, 01:31 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoboy View Post
I just stumbled across this thread and thought I would throw my tourney army up.
Do you eat all your armies that don't win you a tournament?

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old December 28th, 2008, 07:02 PM

legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby!

I should have eaten the army that got completely smoked in the first round of the Win-A-Wave. I've repressed that one so well that I have no idea who I put out on the table.
Old December 31st, 2008, 07:20 PM

Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby!

I had a mini-tournament of sorts last night with a bunch of buddies of mine. They don't play Heroscape a whole lot, but they've been hooked on it since the first time I introduced it to them, and some of them are actually quite good. There were 5 others and I, and we eached played every other person. The armies were 500 points, and had to be General-specific.

My army:

Knights of Weston x3 - 210
Sir Gilbert - 315
Nilfheim - 500

I went 4-1. My only loss came to a Einar army consisting of 10th Reg x2, Tagawa Samurai, Kaemon Awa, Kozuke Samurai. I had a bit of trouble taking down his 10th Reg, but even more surprisingly, I had a lot of trouble taking down his Tagawa Samurai. They quickly built theirselves up to 6 attack and 5 defense after picking off a few vulnerable knights on his 3rd order marker. Then, he won initiative, and took down Sir Gilbert in one turn! Unfortunately, my Nilfheim was already gone from wiping out his 10th Regiment who were all positioned on height.

Surprisingly, I didn't have much trouble taking out some of the other armies that I considered to be more competitive such as Q9/KMA/Laglor/Carr/Oto, Stingers/Cyprien/Rats or Elves.

All-in-all, this army played very well, and I'm very happy that Wave 2 was re-released. Now I see why everyone likes the knights so much!
Old December 31st, 2008, 07:41 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

That's definitely a pretty solid army Gomolka. I think Rym went 4-1 with it in Texas on National Heroscape day as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old December 31st, 2008, 07:47 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
That's definitely a pretty solid army Gomolka. I think Rym went 4-1 with it in Texas on National Heroscape day as well.

Wow, Jexik. I feel honored that you would pay that much attention to my posts to know that. Wow.

And yes, I did go 4-1 with it on NHSD, but our point total was 540 so I also had a squad of Deathreavers in there as well.

Formidable army indeed.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old December 31st, 2008, 07:48 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by rym View Post
Wow, Jexik. I feel honored that you would pay that much attention to my posts to know that. Wow.
Don't feel too honored rym. I pay that much attention to everyone's posts.

Also, I feel silly for not remembering that you guys played 540 points. I should have remembered that because Iowa did too, and spider_poison and Dignan played the same army.

If there's one thing I've got, it's half a dozen tacky sportcoats.

If there's seven things I've got, it's half a dozen tacky sportcoats and a good memory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion