Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old December 6th, 2017, 10:53 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Black Bolt - Danger Room Testing

Bump as a reminder that we still need at least one more set of tests from a Hero here. The Inhumans have been pushed way back now, so it's not super urgent, but Black Bolt isn't in the public and needs some Hero attention to get closed out.
Old December 7th, 2017, 02:47 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

After Nitro, I'm going to work on the Domino initial, then I can circle back around to Black Bolt. With my current pace of testing though and considering the time of year, that might not be until sometime in late Jan. or early Feb. So if anyone can knock it out sooner, feel free to do so.
Old December 7th, 2017, 02:50 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I was actually planning on running BB, since I need to get another test in before Nico, but at this point I think it makes more sense to focus on the Young Marvels characters and put him on the backburner - 4 months vs. 16 months and all.
Old February 11th, 2018, 03:41 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
After Nitro, I'm going to work on the Domino initial, then I can circle back around to Black Bolt. With my current pace of testing though and considering the time of year, that might not be until sometime in late Jan. or early Feb. So if anyone can knock it out sooner, feel free to do so.
Just a reminder to myself that this needs to get done. I forgot all about him and started working on the public list.
Old February 25th, 2018, 07:15 PM
C3G Landlord

*I misplayed his bonding power and didn’t take note of the 6 range limitation in this first game. This lead to an early game push by the Inhumans that should not have happened until a round or two later, and kept Beast from being the effective negotiation tool he was drafted to be. Other than those two points, I think the game was a fair showing of what the team could do.*
Army Test 1
- Does it pass, Yes or No? yes
- What should be the unit's point value? I was initially a bit concerned here, due to how I was able to manage the early attack force, but then I saw that I had misplayed him and as a result I think he is fine as is at 380.
- Give a brief preview. Inhumans vs. X-men here, with Yukio tagging along for a backup mutant bonding option should Charles go down. I’m pitting Charles double turns vs. Black Bolt’s double turns early on in the game so it should be an exciting game. Beast will try to negotiate away an OM or two to tip the scales in their favor. Storm, Jean Grey, Gorgon, and Medusa all can move figures against their will though so figure placement should be fluid.
Map: Once in a Blue Lagoon
Units: Black Bolt @380, Medusa, Gorgon, Crystal, Lockjaw @155 (1400) vs. Prof. X, Jean Grey, Storm, Beast, Gambit, Wolverine, Yukio (1400)
Spoiler Alert!

Recap: The Mutants kind of spread out along the start zone planning on moving up in waves, but that all changed when the Inhumans won initiative and Black Bolts’ double turn power allowed him to sling shot Gordon into Beast via Lockjaw. Instead the Mutants had to go on defense right away, with Beast running away while Storm blew the King & Queen apart. Lockjaw later frees up Gorgon and positions him to charge into Charles, who he kills with that 1 attack. Gambit goes down without a fight. Mutants put down Karnak, then Lockjaw, while Beast falls without ever doing anything either. Yukio on the other hand puts on a show, after switching places with Gorgon when he tried to hit her from HG, Storm blows Crystal over adj. to the two of them (on LG) and Yukio has a stunning 6 skull att. roll to put her down after she rolls just 1 shield on def. Suddenly this game is looking competitive again. Things turn on the Inhumans a bit with Medusa repeatedly failing her d20 rolls, 0 successes in 6 attempts to toss Yukio with her hair, then a failed attempt to entangle Wolverine and prevent him from gaining HG on her for an attack. She finally manages to move Wolverine & Yukio with her hair and Black Bolt is able to go after Storm, who he knocks out in 2 att. This spells the end for the mutants as Medusa manages to move Wolverine & Yukio out of engagement with Gordon, setting him up to charge Wolverine while on HG. Wolverine survives the initial attack to fight back for a turn but fails to do much, then he and Yukio both fall. This leaves just Jean Grey, who does manage to pull Medusa away from Black Bolt and eventually finishes her off, but then Gorgon charges her to put an end to it all.
- Give a brief preview. I wanted to try Black Bolt out on his own without Medusa here, still gave him 3 Inhuman allies though to maximize his Voice of Destruction potential should he be the last man standing. The Fan4 defense might be hard to crack here but since they all want to stay within Sue’s aura, whispered word should be able to be put to good use and hit multiple figures. Should be some interesting interactions here between the two teams as Reed can lock down Gorgon to prevent charges, as well as lockdown Lockjaw to prevent teleportations, however Gorgon can cause earthquakes and move Reed out of engagement with others while Lockjaw can prevent Johnny from using Flame On 4.
Map: Once in a Blue Lagoon
Units: Black Bolt @380, Gorgon, Lockjaw @155, Karnak (995) vs. Fan4 (1000)
Spoiler Alert!

Recap: The Fan4 move out in a pod to keep the 4 clear sight aura going, then Reed keeps on rolling between a 5-11 and only gets 1 turn for the Adventures. This kind of dictates that they have to stay back in their pod formation, only sending Johnny out to hit and run, forcing the Inhumans to try to come to them which ultimately seems to be working in their favor. Gorgon took a quick 4W and Lockjaw had to fetch him back out of danger. Gorgon then started to use his SA as a ranged attack to hit Sue. Between Gorgon & Black Bolt both being able to hit Sue from range, even though Reed still continued to roll low he was forced to start repositioning his forces. Once Reed had moved out front of his allies some, Lockjaw (large) left Reed and teleported Karnak & Gorgon to the rear of the Fan4. Reed again rolls a 4 and has to use the one Adventurer turn to have Sue flee. While the Fan4 do win initiative, another 1 turn activation sees Ben go and clobber the puppy, while Reed opts to not att. Karnak after taking 1W from counterstrike last time. Black Bolt decides the time has come to try and put Sue down and flies adj. to her, doing just enough damage to take her out of the equation. Seeing Sue fall must have triggered something inside Reed as he finally gets a double turn activation, Johnny hits Gordon for another W, Ben steps up and smashes Karnak for 4W, and Reed goes after Black Bolt and also deals a W. Karnak sizes up Johnny and sees a weakness he can exploit, Johnny goes down. Now that is is just Ben and Reed left, Reed rolls a 19! Ben just keeps throwing down skulls and crushes Karnak, while Reed throws down a 4 skulls att. and puts Black Bolt just 1W away from death. Black Bolt desperate, shouts out ‘No!’ like a Sith Lord who just found out his wife and children are dead. Reed now only has 1 life left and is engaged with Black Bolt, so OM placement is a real decision for the first time this game while Black Bolt hopes to win initiative, which he does. Black Bolt drops Reed, but Ben had all the OM’s except the X. Ben tries to end it but for the first time this game doesn’t clobber anyone. Instead Ben rolls a bunch of skulls on defense and suddenly falls in an improbable victory for the Inhumans!

Last edited by Yodaking; February 25th, 2018 at 07:46 PM.
Old February 25th, 2018, 07:30 PM
C3G Landlord

After playing him I feel pretty good about where he is at. That first game he felt a bit too strong but then I wasn't playing him with the aura restriction on his bonding power (unlimited range instead) and as a result the Inhumans were allowed to be a little too aggressive, taking out Charles early in the game and making it too hard for Beast to reach the King for some negotiations. I was more careful in the second game but also felt like 6 spaces might be a little too small and wouldn't be opposed to a bump up to 8. Since many of the Inhumans are range 1 designs, a little larger aura can he helpful without being crazy good like it would be with no range restriction or if he bonded with a bunch of strong ranged attackers. Black Bolt did pull out a victory in that 2nd game but it was quite the come from behind underdog lifetime movie story. The Fan4 were hampered by limited turns throughout and were still comfortably ahead when Black Bolt unleashed his Voice of Destruction. It still came down to a 4 life Ben fighting a 1 life Black Bolt and Ben just got unlucky with the dice at the wrong time.
Old February 25th, 2018, 07:42 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Looking good. If @Arkham is still hungry for things to test, maybe he could run a couple games and see how he feels about 6 vs 8 on the aura?
Old February 26th, 2018, 03:46 AM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Black Bolt

Army Test 1
Map: Custom
Units:
Black Bolt(380), Gorgon(270), Karnak(190), Medusa(370) (1210)
vs.
Professor X(220), Wolverine(280), Jean Grey(180), Angel(90), Sage(190), Psylocke(250) (1210)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2 (rematch)
Units:
vs.
Professor X(220), Wolverine(280), Jean Grey(180), Angel(90), Sage(190), Psylocke(250) (1210)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 3 (rematch again, with the go all in on Prof. X strategy)
Units:
vs.
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: 3 losses here, though each game got closer and closer. Overall though, it's hard to say how I feel. On one hand, Black Bolt felt like he performed decently. I can't really fault him when he pumped out decent wounds each game, and managed to get double turns throughout most of each game. On the other hand, they lost each game no matter how good they were doing. If anything, I felt maybe Medusa could be dropped 10 points, making them a nice 1,200 point army.

Love the faction though, and Black Bolt was a lot of fun. Perhaps Medusa's rolls weren't lucky enough, as she seemed to miss her auto-wounds/placement rolls way more often than not. Not really any complaints with the design though. I dig it, he's fun, and I'm sure it was just a luck issue. As for 6 aura vs. 8, it didn't really hinder him other than 1 circumstance where Gorgon charged off to take out Professor X, but I never really felt like it was that difficult to keep everyone within range. I'd be fine with 8 just for the sake of me losing 3 matches I'd prefer to error in his favor, but I really don't find it that big of a deal regardless.
Old February 26th, 2018, 03:42 PM
C3G Landlord

Three losses is a bit concerning. As noted in my first game with Medusa, I also found she struggled with her rolls. I was initially worried with the 3 rolls of 12+, but then I couldn't hit any of them on several of her turns. Maybe she should match Magneto with 2 rolls of 9+, he is right in the same point range at 375?

I found in my games that Lockjaw is pretty important to Gorgon's effectiveness. I used one of the double turns to have Lockjaw run out and fetch back Gorgon, then the 2nd turn to send Gorgon right back out. He was effectively an 8 att. battering ram for me. Not as good a strategy once I was only getting 1 turn (sans Medusa), but Lockjaw was still pretty effective at moving the team around when I needed too.
Old February 26th, 2018, 04:07 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Is there a reason neither of his sonic attacks have a bonus vs. Symbiotes? Am I misunderstanding how they work thematically?

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old February 26th, 2018, 05:00 PM
Symbiotic

I'd be hesitant to do any favors for Medusa, as someone who tested her pretty extensively back when she was in the process - she's kind of a monster.
Old February 26th, 2018, 05:01 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Is there a reason neither of his sonic attacks have a bonus vs. Symbiotes? Am I misunderstanding how they work thematically?
I remember it being discussed and perhaps it isn't in this thread...but if I remember correctly it was decided that it wasn't necessary since at his level it's so shattering that the difference between normal humans and Symbiotes nears nil. Therefore the extra wasn't needed.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library