Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old February 5th, 2021, 08:44 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Casters of Valhalla

I want to thank OEAO and Matthias for this latest episode of the podcast.

Those of you who have actually played heroscape with me or know me from gencon are well aware that, despite my passion and longevity with the game, I’m actually not much good at it. I’m not here because it’s an opportunity to asset dominance. Quite the contrary, my experience of playing competitive heroscape is mostly @dok needling me after my games. All in good fun, of course.

And good fun is what the game is about! To that end, I wanted to offer two additional things, just to supplement your really excellent representation of the community.

1. The local scene is the same, around the country. You don’t go to gencon but the scene that you heard described in the podcast sounds like it’s for you? Go to a local event. Or plan one yourself and see who comes (check the link in my sig for how to run your first event). Around the country, Heroscape self selects to draw the best people.

2. I asked @Craig Van Ness one year, at GC, why it is that Heroscape draws the best people. He said it’s because it’s a game that parents get to play with their kids. The people who play either grew into it that way, or they like a game with that feel. And that’s a good group of people to play with.

Finally, I just want to say that this episode was a good reminder of why Matthias is the best. I miss you, buddy, and all of the rest of you I sometimes see in Indianapolis.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion