Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old August 18th, 2014, 09:40 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: X-Wing

I'm a little surprised at a third faction being added to the game, but at the same time, there was only expanded universe stuff left anyway.

Looks like a really interesting release, and I'm looking forward to trying out the little "Scyk" because it looks like a nimble little fighter, my favorite kind.

(It also looks like they changed the display as the 'con went on to add more info, because Sunday they had all the ship/pack names, as well as the second Z-95 that comes with the Y-Wing.)

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old October 28th, 2014, 08:17 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

For those still on the fence on X-Wing, not that there are that many left on the fence, Coolstuff has the Tie and X-Wing expansions on sale today for $8 each.
Old November 6th, 2014, 11:47 PM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm hoping to have the opportunity to introduce this to and play this game with some friends on a monthly basis. Everyone playing has Heroscape experience, so I'm not worried about teaching the game, but I am hoping to scale the game into a nice 1v1, hour long format so that we can get a two round session with four players.

I have had the game for a while, but don't get to play nearly as much as I'd like so I'm still getting a feel for points and various builds.

Any suggestions for good point totals for new players to get their feet wet? I'd like for the games to at least be close to ending in about an hour, understanding that our first plays will take longer as we are learning.
Old November 6th, 2014, 11:54 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyvalentine View Post
I'm hoping to have the opportunity to introduce this to and play this game with some friends on a monthly basis. Everyone playing has Heroscape experience, so I'm not worried about teaching the game, but I am hoping to scale the game into a nice 1v1, hour long format so that we can get a two round session with four players.

I have had the game for a while, but don't get to play nearly as much as I'd like so I'm still getting a feel for points and various builds.

Any suggestions for good point totals for new players to get their feet wet? I'd like for the games to at least be close to ending in about an hour, understanding that our first plays will take longer as we are learning.
A great way to to teach the game is for everyone to play Furball. Everyone flies one ship+upgrades at 35 point each, as a Free-For-All. It's so much fun overall to just shoot anything within range, as well.
Old November 7th, 2014, 12:01 AM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
A great way to to teach the game is for everyone to play Furball. Everyone flies one ship+upgrades at 35 point each, as a Free-For-All. It's so much fun overall to just shoot anything within range, as well.
That's really interesting! I like the sound of this a lot. Seems like a quick, fun and great way to teach the game. Thanks!
Old November 8th, 2014, 01:25 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I saw an interesting variant of Furball that I think may be a bit more fun for a free-for-all so that no one is left sitting on the side while the other people are still playing.

Basically, each person has a couple of ships ready to go, within the parameters of the point total you're using for Furball. And you put a time limit on the game, say an hour or so. You fly your ship til it dies, then on the next round, you simply use your next ship you had in your lineup. Keeps everyone interested and playing, and it's a lot of fun. We played that method, and when ships came back into play, we allowed them to come in back into play along whichever edge you chose. Beware who you just shot down!

Additionally, to add a bit more spice to a Furball of this variant, you can also track points to determine the best pilot. What I mean is, take the points you flew and divide it into the points you killed to figure your score. Higest score wins. It is a great way to ensure everyone gets to play the entire time and does lend itself to some strategy. Do I soften up the Phantom so you can steal the points from me, or do I shoot you and break the alliance we had in ganging up on the Phantom? Lots of fun.

For example: I flew 30 points, and killed 2 ships worth 60 points. My score would be 2.0(60 points destroyed / 30 points flown). If I die, I simply put my next ship in and keep going.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old November 8th, 2014, 07:57 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyvalentine View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
That's really interesting! I like the sound of this a lot. Seems like a quick, fun and great way to teach the game. Thanks!
You're welcome! (I'm the one who introduced @MegaSilver to that format. )

@rym , that sounds like a sweet variation.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old November 16th, 2014, 12:44 PM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Went down to the shop yesterday to teach some Xwing. Only one guy was down there due to the snow we got. Normally I don't care to play games with this guy but since there was no one else around I decided to give it a shot. While explaining the rules to him he makes a call on his cell. So I politely stop explaining and wait til hes off the phone. After a couple minutes of sitting there he starts to gesture to me to continue explaining. I wasn't going to do that. You want to learn a game you better pay attention when the rules are being explained. So he eventually got off the phone so I could explain the rules but he still wasn't paying full attention to me and kept messing with his phone. We finally get into the actual game play. But that still didnt stop him from using his phone every time it was HIS turn. Now I know it can be tough to not bump the ships it happens all the time. The problem I was having with this guy is he wasn't trying not to bump the ships. He was measuring things that didnt need measured and bumping every ship while doing it. There was even one point where I could tell he was going to overlap my ship. I even told him he as going to overlap after he revealed the dial. He says naw I got this and refused to let me help him as he bumped my ship the move template and his ship to magically now have plenty of room. I was so happy that the game was pretty much over by then anyways. I love this game and I fully understand there will be some accidental bumps happen but I can't play this with someone thats not even going to attempt to not bump anything or let someone else help. Also if you are going to play a game with someone PUT THE PHONE AWAY!!!!!!!!!! My biggest pet peeve when playing games. If you can send a txt while its other players turn fine I wont complain but if you are holding up the game so you can txt someone I will not tolerate.

/rant

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Old November 16th, 2014, 12:48 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

@stubobj - A thin piece of galvanized steel and magnets in the bases saves me from pulling out my hair while playing with my son. Even while trying not to bump he bumps almost everything. Serenity now.
Old November 17th, 2014, 08:49 AM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

If worse comes to worse, you can use the thin piece of galvanized steel to hit the guy if he won't stop bumping your ships!
Old November 17th, 2014, 11:07 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubobj View Post
Went down to the shop yesterday to teach some Xwing. Only one guy was down there due to the snow we got. Normally I don't care to play games with this guy but since there was no one else around I decided to give it a shot. While explaining the rules to him he makes a call on his cell. So I politely stop explaining and wait til hes off the phone. After a couple minutes of sitting there he starts to gesture to me to continue explaining. I wasn't going to do that. You want to learn a game you better pay attention when the rules are being explained. So he eventually got off the phone so I could explain the rules but he still wasn't paying full attention to me and kept messing with his phone. We finally get into the actual game play. But that still didnt stop him from using his phone every time it was HIS turn. Now I know it can be tough to not bump the ships it happens all the time. The problem I was having with this guy is he wasn't trying not to bump the ships. He was measuring things that didnt need measured and bumping every ship while doing it. There was even one point where I could tell he was going to overlap my ship. I even told him he as going to overlap after he revealed the dial. He says naw I got this and refused to let me help him as he bumped my ship the move template and his ship to magically now have plenty of room. I was so happy that the game was pretty much over by then anyways. I love this game and I fully understand there will be some accidental bumps happen but I can't play this with someone thats not even going to attempt to not bump anything or let someone else help. Also if you are going to play a game with someone PUT THE PHONE AWAY!!!!!!!!!! My biggest pet peeve when playing games. If you can send a txt while its other players turn fine I wont complain but if you are holding up the game so you can txt someone I will not tolerate.

/rant
I know a guy in Omaha that would play you and not bump ships...

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old November 17th, 2014, 12:51 PM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post

I know a guy in Omaha that would play you and not bump ships...
Tell him to come down to Beatrice and I'll have a game waiting for him!

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures