Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old December 8th, 2012, 12:22 AM
Promotable Material

Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Welcome to C3G!!!

The Book of Spawn
Old December 8th, 2012, 12:27 AM
Your wish is my command, Chief Underpants Eater

ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfire View Post
YES!

“Have you ever hoped for something? And held out for it against all the odds? Until everything you did was ridiculous? "
Old December 8th, 2012, 12:30 AM
Girl (Super)Power!

Strange_Love rolls all skulls baby! Strange_Love rolls all skulls baby! Strange_Love rolls all skulls baby! Strange_Love rolls all skulls baby!

o.O Spawn. Cool.

Old December 8th, 2012, 12:56 AM

Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Greetings,

My order of clix arrived yesterday so I'm excited to start the work on turning them into some 'scape.

I've got a couple of questions so far:

1) Is there a single file that lists all the cards for the figures, or do you have to go one by one and save them?

2) I'm really torn on the whole rebasing thing. I don't care about the resale value of the clix so taking them apart doesn't bother me. I just want them to feel and look like heroclix - at least I think I do. I've looked at the 2 examples of rebasing, removing the figure and reattaching it to a base or removing part of the dial and painting the rest black.

Seems like a lot of the clix I bought have the raised tooth part of the dial on the bottom so when you remove it it just leaves the figure standing on a thin piece of plastic. Though really it's only slightly thinner than a normal 'scape base. I'm just having a hard time picturing the final results, especially if one like that will be standing next to one with the teeth on the top that you have to sand down. I like the idea of them all being the same.

I'm also unsure as to the best way to handle the flying figures. Again I'd like to do them uniformly rather than stick one on a base, one on partial height, and one on his normal plastic stand. I'm probably putting way too much thought into this and driving myself nuts, but then again I've already sunk some money into these mini's so I'd like them to look good.

Does anyone have any thoughts about what I've written above, or have some pictures of the rebased mini's they've done(yes I've seen the ones in the tutorials already)?

Thanks in advance for any help,

- Raider30
Old December 8th, 2012, 11:11 AM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider30 View Post
Greetings,

My order of clix arrived yesterday so I'm excited to start the work on turning them into some 'scape.

1) Is there a single file that lists all the cards for the figures, or do you have to go one by one and save them?

2) I'm really torn on the whole rebasing thing. I don't care about the resale value of the clix so taking them apart doesn't bother me. I just want them to feel and look like heroclix - at least I think I do. I've looked at the 2 examples of rebasing, removing the figure and reattaching it to a base or removing part of the dial and painting the rest black.

Seems like a lot of the clix I bought have the raised tooth part of the dial on the bottom so when you remove it it just leaves the figure standing on a thin piece of plastic. Though really it's only slightly thinner than a normal 'scape base. I'm just having a hard time picturing the final results, especially if one like that will be standing next to one with the teeth on the top that you have to sand down. I like the idea of them all being the same.

I'm also unsure as to the best way to handle the flying figures. Again I'd like to do them uniformly rather than stick one on a base, one on partial height, and one on his normal plastic stand. I'm probably putting way too much thought into this and driving myself nuts, but then again I've already sunk some money into these mini's so I'd like them to look good.

Does anyone have any thoughts about what I've written above, or have some pictures of the rebased mini's they've done(yes I've seen the ones in the tutorials already)?

- Raider30
1) Although I don't think there is any one file that has all the cards (which would be a freakin' HUGE file), the PDF Generator in the 2nd post of this thread will pull together whichever ones you need to print.

2) As far as this part, you just have to ask yourself, 'How OCD am I?' It's probably close to 50-50 with people pullling flying figures off their stands. There are a few where it's encouraged to leave the figure on the stand (like Mr. Mxy, who would look really weird sitting on the ground). Same with the Clix bases. The biggest gameplay reason for proper bases is being able to fit on ladders, so as long as that's taken care of, the rest is a function of your OCD.

The BIG IDEA with this whole project is just to have fun. As long as you're doing that, then how the cards and figures look should be secondary.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old December 9th, 2012, 12:22 AM
Girl (Super)Power!

Strange_Love rolls all skulls baby! Strange_Love rolls all skulls baby! Strange_Love rolls all skulls baby! Strange_Love rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Greetings,

- Raider30
If you print in color and have the option to print in Fast draft so you do not use so much ink. We have gone threw 3 or 4 ink cartridges. All for a good cause. But after to many it gets expensive.

Old December 9th, 2012, 03:25 AM

ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange_Love View Post
Quote:
Greetings,

- Raider30
If you print in color and have the option to print in Fast draft so you do not use so much ink. We have gone threw 3 or 4 ink cartridges. All for a good cause. But after to many it gets expensive.
4 color cartridges and 3 black and white... But this black and white one just gave me the low ink notice.

But we do print our cards at just over 7 inches in diameter instead of the standard. Makes for easier to read text and more room for all the different markers.

“Have you ever hoped for something? And held out for it against all the odds? Until everything you did was ridiculous? "
Old December 9th, 2012, 03:57 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I get mine printed off at Staples or OfficeMax. They make some great color copies on the more sturdy card-stock paper for pretty reasonable rates. Saves me form having to buy a 500 sheet package of the card-stock myself as well as buying all those ink cartridges.
Old December 9th, 2012, 04:50 AM

So tonight I played the Fantastic 4 vs LoganThors Iron Man (Mark III), (Mark IV), (Mark V), and (Stealth Suit).

We had a lot of fun with Invisible Woman and Human Torch taking out Mark III in one double turn. Mark V and IV then took out Mr Fantastic and Invisible Woman back to back and wounded Human Torch. Thing got mad and 1 shot Mark V and Mark IV (thanks to a wounded Torch). Then I spent 10 rounds chasing Stealth Armor Iron Man around a huge 8 foot by 3 foot map with nothing to show for it. Big slow Thing just could do nothing to hurt Stealth Armors 6 range 6 move with Hyper Speed 4. I got really, really lucky with an initiative win and scored some good rolls dropping him after we were both at only 2 life left.

Very fun game, wish I had taken some pictures.

Sadly I also ended up having an argument with another player about whether a flying figure could be thrown or not.

Just for clarity, the flying power has nothing to do with being thrown right?

Old December 9th, 2012, 01:16 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Unless it says in the text of the special ability that lets you throw that it's restricted to non-flying figures, flying figures are still affected.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 9th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Promotable Material

Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibechief View Post

Sadly I also ended up having an argument with another player about whether a flying figure could be thrown or not.

Just for clarity, the flying power has nothing to do with being thrown right?
Haha, this makes me think of some of the reffing experiences I've had w/ Heroscape ... it's difficult when players start to drop the lines about literalities in regard to the rules; "That couldn't happen to Superman" or "That rule doesn't make sense for [Insert any character]."

I then have to give my "it's just a game, let's have fun" speech.
Old December 9th, 2012, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Unless it says in the text of the special ability that lets you throw that it's restricted to non-flying figures, flying figures are still affected.
Good. Shame though about superman, dying in the lava like that...

*evil laugh*

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy