Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old August 26th, 2008, 04:33 PM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: 540 Point NHSD Armies

They look like good armies, but on the last one, I think it would be better if you used Major Q9 instead of Nilf and Eldgrim instead of Marcu.
Old August 26th, 2008, 04:47 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Another idea I'm entertaining, still heavily reliant on the magic d20:

2x Aubrians - 140
4x Venocs - 160
1x EOV - 100
Mittens - 120
Otonashi + Isamu - 20
=540, 24 starting spaces.

With many of your troops moving at 9 and possibly frenzying, you're going all-or nothing with this army. I would want to spread out the action as much as possible and not engage everything I had as soon as I could, bucking conventional wisdom. This army is reckless and foolhardy. I like it.
Old August 26th, 2008, 04:51 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

If you really want to go all or nothing...

Venoc Warlord 120
7x Venox 400 (the x makes them more extreme)
Deathwalker 8000 530
Isamu 540

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old August 26th, 2008, 05:39 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm thinking I'm liking my:
Skahen 120
Nakita 120
G'Nator x3 270
Guilty

LOTSA range support. I usually use 2x G'Nators for tying up people, and sniping with the Nakita
Old August 26th, 2008, 08:15 PM

Einar Gen. knows what's in an order marker Einar Gen. knows what's in an order marker

Here's mine...

X4 10th regiment = 300

Kaemon = 420

ROTV Raelin = 500

Guilty = 530

Isamu = 540

I've been a fan of the 10th since I first played with them... not mention Kaemon.
Old August 26th, 2008, 09:39 PM
Likes the Look of Grungebob

KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby!

Here's another one. Not typically my style of play but sounds good on paper (at least to me):

Nilfheim - 185
Minions of Utgar x2 - 220
RotV Raelin - 80
Marro Warriors
TOTAL - 535

Not much in the way of ranged support, but Marros and Nilf both have range, Minions and Nilf are both hero killers, and well Raelin, we all know what she does best. Again, order markers may be tricky, but with some thinking it could work well.

Here's another:

Minions of Utgar x2 - 220
Omnicron Snipers x2 - 200
SotM Raelin - 120
TOTAL - 540

A very situational army that could either perform amazingly well or get shredded like a wet paper bag...

Last edited by KCU Master 2007; August 26th, 2008 at 09:45 PM.
Old August 26th, 2008, 09:54 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Well, to go along with the Minions theme we seem to have going here in the past few posts, I'll bite. This is what I've been thinking about running this year. In the builds and games I've tested, I've only lost one game - and that was a playtest army I ran using 3 x 10th and 3 x 4th. (Yeah, I know, the playtest army isn't 540 points, but it is 24 hexes, so I figured it was still viable.)

Anyway:

Minions x 2 220
Sentinels x 2 220
Gurei-Oni 100
= 540

It does have the potential to get "shredded like a wet paper bag", but I find the high defense rolls seem to make up for it. Like I said, I've only lost one game during testing with this army. If my opponent has lots of range, I send Gurei out with the hopes of getting some counterstrike hits in.

Plus, it's fun to play, and that trumps all.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old August 26th, 2008, 10:01 PM

Rodriquez has disabled reputation

humm

Q9 180
Suja 185
Kaemon 120
Marrio War 50

the zone limits really messes up using 2 bases fiqures...

deathstalkers x4 400
ratsx3 120
marcu 20

good trades:Caravaggio, Gabbi, Drfeelgood,aljovin,vydar,rrhino,boom, Pallindromemaster, spidysox, Eckels, wytefang, Rym, Armegeddon, Fatboy Chubby, Forgehammer, Grison
Old August 26th, 2008, 10:12 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rym View Post
Minions x 2 220
Sentinels x 2 220
Gurei-Oni 100
= 540

It does have the potential to get "shredded like a wet paper bag", but I find the high defense rolls seem to make up for it. Like I said, I've only lost one game during testing with this army. If my opponent has lots of range, I send Gurei out with the hopes of getting some counterstrike hits in.

Plus, it's fun to play, and that trumps all.
My wife's favorite army is
Minions x 2 - 220
Sentinels x 2 - 440

Unless I specifically counterdraft it, it's a hard army to take down. She beat me again with it last night. Of course I wasn't playing the knights.

Anyway I was thinking about this army -
Minions x 4 - 440
Krav - 540

Krav can take out ranged squads early, while the minions slowly advance.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old August 26th, 2008, 10:24 PM
2-time GenCon Mindshackle and Main Event Champion

spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Minions x 4 - 440
Krav - 540
Don't Minions belong to Utgar?
Old August 26th, 2008, 10:30 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider_poison View Post
Quote:
Minions x 4 - 440
Krav - 540
Don't Minions belong to Utgar?
I'm allowed to think about Utgar armies. I just don't play them.
You'll be surprised when you see what I have in store for all you Iowegians on October 18th. Mwahaha!!

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old August 26th, 2008, 11:41 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:

Minions x 4 - 440
Krav - 540

Krav can take out ranged squads early, while the minions slowly advance.
This sounds like it would be a lot of fun to play. I may have to give that a go for you, you know, since it's not Jandar and all.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion