Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Old November 13th, 2019, 11:38 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: [Pod 1] UNIT NAME (Ob Nixilis, Demon of Spite) - Design

@Scytale interesting idea. Even with 3 defense it can reduce average defense slightly (-25.9% if I did my math right). In theory it is like reducing any defense above 3 to 1/3 of >3 (so 6 defense is ~like 4 defense, 4 defense is ~like 3.3333). I am simplifying math a little but think the idea is interesting (even if needs worded better). I do like that it does not seem overpowered when stacked with Gothlok or any of the Attack boosters. For wording, this is slightly better but seems too formal, maybe others have ideas:
Quote:
FRAILTY AURA
When an opponent's figure within 4 clear sight spaces of <unit> rolls defense dice against a normal or special attack, if more than one shield is rolled, subtract one from the number of shields rolled.
Old November 13th, 2019, 12:44 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
@Scytale interesting idea. Even with 3 defense it can reduce average defense slightly (-25.9% if I did my math right). In theory it is like reducing any defense above 3 to 1/3 of >3 (so 6 defense is ~like 4 defense, 4 defense is ~like 3.3333). I am simplifying math a little but think the idea is interesting (even if needs worded better). I do like that it does not seem overpowered when stacked with Gothlok or any of the Attack boosters. For wording, this is slightly better but seems too formal, maybe others have ideas:
Quote:
FRAILTY AURA
When an opponent's figure within 4 clear sight spaces of <unit> rolls defense dice against a normal or special attack, if more than one shield is rolled, subtract one from the number of shields rolled.
The most interesting aspect of the aura is that it is more punishing for higher-defense units (or anyone in Raelin's aura). And, as you note, it really doesn't stack well with any other defense-reducing powers.

I like that wording.
Old November 13th, 2019, 01:19 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Quote:
FRAILTY AURA
The most interesting aspect of the aura is that it is more punishing for higher-defense units (or anyone in Raelin's aura). And, as you note, it really doesn't stack well with any other defense-reducing powers.

I like that wording.

Quote:
Awful Fear Aura (just spitballing a name)

All enemy units within four clear sight spaces who were unengaged at the beginning of this turn subtract 2 from their defense.
While I still like my suggestion for an engagement-based condition, I really like Scytale's idea as well, especially the way it punishes figures with higher defense.

One question that isn't 100% clear is how this aura would interact with Tough and similar powers. I am guessing that as worded above, the bonus shields for Tough wouldn't count towards triggering the aura, so a Gorrillinator who rolled one shield plus the automatic one for tough would not have any shields removed, despite being within the aura. This is probably a relatively simple ruling for most players to make, but I could still see it potentially tripping up new players.
Old November 13th, 2019, 01:53 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post
One question that isn't 100% clear is how this aura would interact with Tough and similar powers. I am guessing that as worded above, the bonus shields for Tough wouldn't count towards triggering the aura, so a Gorrillinator who rolled one shield plus the automatic one for tough would not have any shields removed, despite being within the aura. This is probably a relatively simple ruling for most players to make, but I could still see it potentially tripping up new players.
It's something we talked about in Editing in VC recently. It was decided that auto shields are the same thing as rolled shields. So yes, Tough shields would count. Other powers would have the same confusion. I could try to word it more clearly, but it would probably not same very 'Scapy. I would be content to leave it as an R&C.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs