Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Closed Thread

Old December 23rd, 2009, 07:16 PM

pixlepix Woo who?
Re: Ask the Design Team thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyknight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
This I've always wondered:

How do you go about designing each figure?

Through heavy arguing until we all arrive at common ground
You go to common ground? How can you get to valahalla? Is this really a fantasy game after all?

ps. sorry for messing up this thread with my joke.

"Heroscape isn't interfering with your life. Your life is interfering with heroscape."
Basic guide to heroscape
guide to heroscape rules
The best online game ever(try it out for a month.)
Old December 23rd, 2009, 08:44 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Q: Do you guys know how much we appreciate your work and how excited we are about this new product?

More seriously - This really is a great thing happening this far into the life of HeroScape. I'm looking at the Lionel Train model...they're still going strong after over a century of production. May HeroScape have that kind of run.
Old December 23rd, 2009, 09:05 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therrian View Post
Q: When designing the characters for a new set such as MS3, how many different figures did you guys start with before you decided on the ones that made it into the set? How many were scrapped due to various reasons? Was there a favorite of anyone's that didn't make the cut?

Thanks guys...counting down the days until release
WOTC decided which figures were in the Master set. Then it was our job to translate those into Heroscape. At the same time we had to make sure that the Master was a complete set on it's own and not entirely reliant upon any other Heroscape product. This is something they relied heavily on us for. We were told which figures were in the set and we worked with WOTC to ensure that our creations meshed with their understanding and knowledge of D&D. The Master set was not easy. I cannot convey the personal challenges we worked through, but I will say that Colby, Chris and I are a united front in everything we do, and preserving Heroscape was our primary goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tannergx View Post
Q: How much freedom did the design team have to interpret units for the D&D sets? For example, the races of the master set figures seem like exact translations from the D&D minis (Eladrin vs. Elf Wizard), and in the case of the Feral Troll, someone mentioned the name is straight from the D&D mini.

I'm most interested in ability selection. D&D units generally appear to have a laundry list of abilities compared to Heroscape units, and I'm wondering if the design team got to pick the abilities for the translated units or if WOTC did.

Hope this question makes sense.
We had freedom, but at the same time, each unit is checked by WOTC. There were times when they wanted us to re-do some of the units because our interpretation was not in line with how the units behave in D&D. In all cases, these challenges lead to better units. We really wanted to hit the nail on these and show what the Heroscape engine can do. By the same token, we were also allowed the creative freedom to re-interpret D&D units that we felt were not good Heroscape units, so that they would work better in our game system.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old December 23rd, 2009, 09:23 PM

Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
I will say that Colby, Chris and I are a united front in everything we do, and preserving Heroscape was our primary goal.
Thank you again to our design team. I am excited to see the new set and the waves that follow. Having you all as our advocates gives me great expectations for the future of the game.
Old December 23rd, 2009, 10:30 PM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Is there new terrain planned in the future and who designs the terrain? One thing I would enjoy seeing is a variation of the castle door to make it look like the mouth of a cave.
Old December 23rd, 2009, 10:31 PM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm excited about this release. It looks like fun.

Q. When you read some of ridiculous comments from people with an over-developed sense of entitlement about something that you've worked so hard to achieve, does it anger you?
Old December 23rd, 2009, 10:34 PM

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitestuff View Post
I'm excited about this release. It looks like fun.

Q. When you read some of ridiculous comments from people with an over-developed sense of entitlement about something that you've worked so hard to achieve, does it anger you?
Retorical question? They just calmed down man! What are you doing?
Old December 23rd, 2009, 10:36 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Q. The D&D Master Set figures were chosen by WotC. Were you given any choice in what figures would comprise Waves 11 and 12? Or in other words, are we going to get some figures that are D&D regulars that the Heroscape community has wanted for a long time?

Minotaurs, skeletons, etc.
Old December 23rd, 2009, 10:38 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

Pirates. Don't forget pirates.
Old December 23rd, 2009, 10:40 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

I do my best to forget about pirates.
Old December 23rd, 2009, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
I would love to see pirates now that I think of it. So much a part of history as colonial troops, WW 2, and Samurai. You can pair them with skeletons too. Pirate skeletons.
Old December 23rd, 2009, 10:49 PM
Quest Quitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4Jandar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
I would love to see pirates now that I think of it. So much a part of history as colonial troops, WW 2, and Samurai. You can pair them with skeletons too. Pirate skeletons.
This is one of those times I'm grateful for lawyers. ^2
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion