Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old June 12th, 2010, 09:09 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun
Black Wyrmling Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old June 12th, 2010, 10:10 PM

Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Black Wyrmling Pre-Release Discussion Thread

This is my favorite new little dragon. I like his special, and for 30 points it could be a good filler. I imagine three of these little guys could be a good 90 point addition to ones army.
Old June 12th, 2010, 10:12 PM

Takanuva has disabled reputation

Great Krav counter, he has a 50% change of earning his points in a single attack and crippling your opponents
Old June 12th, 2010, 10:24 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

I like this guy. I think he'll be good for getting around some tough defensive power. Take a couple when facing minions, sentinals, or whatever.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old June 12th, 2010, 10:26 PM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think that we must take note of one key aspect that appears on this card. His special is not a SPECIAL ATTACK. Which means that when he uses his power, he gets a boost to the d20 roll from things such as the Glyph of Lodin. There might be ways to make this guy ridiculous. I am suprised it is not a special attack.

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)
Old June 12th, 2010, 10:30 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedex worker View Post
This is my favorite new little dragon. I like his special, and for 30 points it could be a good filler. I imagine three of these little guys could be a good 90 point addition to ones army.
Ive found that even just having one of these guys in your army can often be worth it in case you need his kind of attack.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old June 12th, 2010, 10:45 PM

7 Black Wyrmlings or Braxas?

Against Unique Heroes, particularly ones with only one powerful attack, I'd go with the Wyrmlings. Against tough squad figures, I'd prefer Braxas.

One aspect would be that Braxas presents a much much larger target than a small flock of Wyrmlings, but also packs a larger punch for a normal attack.

Jugger

Old June 13th, 2010, 12:37 AM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

These guys are fantastic. How many times have you wished you could send Braxas in for an important kill, but had to pull back to keep your 210 point investment alive? Now you just send these guys in where mama fears to tread.

And while it's only two acid breath per turn, (and 10% less likely to work), you don't have to find figures within the 4-hex range of a single figure. Being one hex means taking high ground more often, too. And it goes without saying that these baby black ribs go great with bacon.

--

The horns have to make you wonder what is going on between Braxas and Othkurik, though. (Cue cheesy music...)
Old June 13th, 2010, 12:42 AM

Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The one thing that I don't like about these guys is that they can't kill a hero that easliy. But that's what Braxas is for (and Sudema, but why would any sane person use her? ).

I also used 2 of these guys along with 2 Red Wyrmlings, and they worked pretty well for taking out Quasatch and Sentinels.
Old June 13th, 2010, 02:58 AM

rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby!

A 50% chance of at least one auto wound per activation puts the Black Wyrmling at the top of the bunch in my opinion. The only other Wyrmling to consider in a competitive situation is the red.
Old June 13th, 2010, 03:34 AM

Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rouby44 View Post
A 50% chance of at least one auto wound per activation puts the Black Wyrmling at the top of the bunch in my opinion.
Just another nail in Dead Eye Dan's coffin!

These guys definitely are a cheap tool to throw in the box if you don't know what's comming up, or an easy counterdraft to defensive specialties.
Old June 13th, 2010, 04:50 AM
The Closer

Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I hadn't thought of any of that, these little guys just jumped up in my eyes. I was seeing thier low stats and low SA and thinking they weren't going to be worth much. Thank you all for correcting my narrow mindedness.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units